Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Are we all gonna die

Guest DKM-jaguar

What was that double-episode made-for-tv movie where they blow up the commet and then all the bits of it fall down to earth and start trouble... it was crap but i cant think of the name

Was it Asteroid?

If it was, I agree it sucked - the cinematography was horrible:

asteroid.gif

wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Actually meteors can be anything from ice to rock to space debris. Common meteors are rain, hail, snow etc... A meteor is any object that falls from the sky. A meteorite is a rock or hunk of metal that enters the earth's atmosphere. Asteroids are very large hunks of rock or metal, and comets are large balls of ice and gas that leave a streaming trail behind them as the solar wind and energy breaks away pieces of them.

lol this is atleast the fourth or fifth time this has happened in the last few years(remember the 1 back in the late 90s that they said had a change of hitting in 2023 biggrin_o.gif (it think it was about then)).  You'd think they'd stop telling people about them unless there was a real, confirmed chance of it colliding.

You'd think they'd stop telling people about them unless there was a real, confirmed chance of it colliding.

But he would be out of the job if they did stop releasing info! crazy_o.gif

marijuana.jpg

tounge_o.gif

But seriously, I agree they shouldnt release this stuff unless it is a 5% chance of impact. tounge_o.gif

Oh yeah,

[Gareth Gates must die tounge_o.gif ]

It's not big enough to cause instantaneous death on a global scale, it will merely cause another ice age, lots of muddy rain, and leave a leave a big huge crater at the bottom of th ocean.  And humans are more clever than dinosaurs so we would be able to get through it.  Although you would have to be prepared for the ensuing lawlessness, chaos, looting, burning, rioting, etc. afterwards as the governments collapse.

Anyways, it will not hit the earth.  So I wrote that entire little bit for nothing.  :'(