Sign in to follow this  
PSC

Military dune buggy

Verry splending Addon

But some comments:

For what i see now:

Textures:

Very good textures !!!But!!! If you use .jpg can you only use it in the 3th person view LOD so in 1st view .pac/.paa and that gives you result in less lag so it's PC friendly to evry one.

Driver/Gunner Model:

I know that it takes up more time and the addon is just for fun but... I hope you have/can make a Realistic soldier that fits with it so the Driver/Gunner haves goggles Etc Etc so no Dust couching wink_o.gif

Scripts:

I hope you can keep the script's in a LOW storage... I know you are an advanced Addon maker but... Keep as many info away from the scripts because on what i have seen now is: Info on how to config the script and use it well... 1: We ( the comunity ) Dont use that so maybe you can clear that and you see the result... Less Words Less space it takes so use only the needing stuff.

Size: Well i hope it's not a BIG addon and doesent need any other addon because that is just a min point on the scale of 10 tounge_o.gif well i like to say: Try to use all the .pbo makers and look what gives the best compresion and then zip it in with the best Compression (Rar/Zip/Ace/FX)

This is for now my report on what i think of it and some ideas if you wamt more I give it to you. wink_o.gif

textures aren't jpegs.

how come everyone seems to think beautiful textures must be jpegs?

everyone thinks marfy uses jpegs, no he uses 256x256 pac and paa files. same with PSC... cept he uses a 1024x512 texture on the buggy smile_o.gif

SWEEET! smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

textures aren't jpegs.

how come everyone seems to think beautiful textures must be jpegs?

everyone thinks marfy uses jpegs, no he uses 256x256 pac and paa files. same with PSC... cept he uses a 1024x512 texture on the buggy smile_o.gif

Textures:

"Very good textures !!!But!!! If you use .jpg"

So i never said that I think he used it I only said: If he use's.

So thats a other thing wink_o.gif

When our fearless unclesam.gif troops liberated Panama from Pineapple-face during Operation Just Cuz, we used recoilless rifles. But that was late 80's, I think. They were brought back into service as part of a new plan of kinder, gentler warfare, where we only blow up the part of the building where the bad guys are rather than the whole thing.

I suggested to PSC a commanche-style popup gun on a special operations buggy...

In action menu "pop up gun" and then the gunner gains control of the dual M2's or whatnot smile_o.gif - like the commanche's bay doors...

When our fearless unclesam.gif troops liberated Panama from Pineapple-face during Operation Just Cuz, we used recoilless rifles. But that was late 80's, I think. They were brought back into service as part of a new plan of kinder, gentler warfare, where we only blow up the part of the building where the bad guys are rather than the whole thing.

LÖL

I thought you just blew them away with Def Leppard? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Correction.. the sdk is psd not pdf  tounge_o.gif

and ehm...

db.jpg

Verry splending Addon

But some comments:

For what i see now:

Textures:

Very good textures !!!But!!! If you use .jpg can you only use it in the 3th person view LOD so in 1st view .pac/.paa and that gives you result in less lag so it's PC friendly to evry one.

wouldn't help much. The jpegs will be stored in everyone's video memory even if you're in 3rd person view.

I say don't use jpeg at all. It's the best and as BAS/Marfy/PSC proved it's possible to make beautiful textures without jpeg.

Nice. What kind of vehicle is that?

PSC blues.gif

Nice. What kind of vehicle is that?

PSC blues.gif

Only one God nows it  biggrin_o.gif

.....but probably it's a successsor M1A2 Abrams in US Army.

They think that Abrams is too heavy.

Three gunners? With the OFP Engine? sad_o.gif

Dammit......I'd love to driving that baby! biggrin_o.gif

well , we already got HMG versions , maybe we could have AGL's such as the MK19 and the ASG17 monuted on these buggies

I like that desert one, Jahve  smile_o.gif  

Like the way there's dust/sand on the tyres unlike a lot of other addons where only the main body is sand coloured and the wheels/tracks are spotless smile_o.gif

And errm...PFC_Mike ; You were joking/being sarcastic about Just Cause, right ?   crazy_o.gif   wink_o.gif

well , we already got HMG versions , maybe we could have AGL's such as the MK19 and the ASG17 monuted on these buggies
Quote[/b] ]Two MG versions (KORD and M2) and a GL version (AGS17). Also there will be a special operations version with a laser designator as weaponcargo.

PSC blues.gif

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Two MG versions (KORD and M2) and a GL version (AGS17). Also there will be a special operations version with a laser designator as weaponcargo.

PSC  blues.gif

smile_o.gif

heh ? give me a break , i woke up .... 2 hours ago ... erm ....

brb , i'm going to get some coffe or orange juice