Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas island - working title "lost island"

rock.gif can the buildings on the map take a heavy beating or will they fall apart easy like the BIS models do

Haven't tested that but they deserve a worse beating than BIS' building.

We're talking about huts, shacks, shanties and 3rd world housing for the most part.

I have just watched the second video, I can honestly say this is amazing work, hands down one of the best islands I have seen so far. I am looking forward to trying this island when it's released.

no one said it would be 2 gigs tounge_o.gif

--------------------------------

1 - will you include instructions on how to setpos units on top

of the different buildings, because you always see 'the bad

guys' firing from rooftops.

2 - will there be civilians who can throw rocks like the 'Gimbal

tossers'? because that would be awsome to have riots and such.

3 - will there be any women included? maybe one carrying

a baby would be good, but for the the love on God no gory

blood textures.

but anyways good job and i look forward to its release.

In response

1)nothing ground breaking there try -

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), height you want];

Or -

upos=getpos this; oldheight=upos select 2; newheight=oldheight + 2.5; this setpos [(upos select 0),(upos select 1),height you want];

2)cool but really necessary and likely to be used frequently?

3)same as above

(a) 41 hours to go

(b) i know

(A) just letting the general know the time sir !

(b) i am fully aware of the time captain..

(a) just reminding the general sir

(b) thank you captain

(a) just to let you know my PC is stocked, cocked and ready to rock sir! biggrin_o.gif

And how exactly does one become a BAS beta tester?!?

(a) 41 hours to go

(b) i know

(b) thank you captain

(a) just to let you know my PC is stocked, cocked and ready to rock sir!  biggrin_o.gif

some body has seen the rock also lol

You'd probably have to go to the Godfather and ask him to "Make them an offer they can't refuse...", though this might be taking it a little too far.

(a) 41 hours to go

(b) i know

(b) thank you captain

(a) just to let you know my PC is stocked, cocked and ready to rock sir!  biggrin_o.gif

somebody has seen the rock also   lol

well it wil Rock when the island is released

just 38 hours to go   biggrin_o.gif

oops something went wrong 2 times the same post oh oh sad_o.gif

1)nothing ground breaking there try -

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), height you want];

Or -

upos=getpos this; oldheight=upos select 2; newheight=oldheight + 2.5; this setpos [(upos select 0),(upos select 1),height you want];

I meant so that the mission maker didn't have to find the

height of each building manually, I guess all we need is the setpos height.

a offer like ...you guys give me the island ahead of everybody or i will come to blow up your houses

because nobody messes with don supergrunto tounge_o.gif

maybe this helps ?

Quote[/b] ]just 38 hours to go

Did you read Avon's earlier posts about this? She said that they "might" release the island in the 48 hour period. Of course, at the end of the 48 hours they'll probably announce that they've discovered a small bug and will need to delay by 72 hours. If they're feeling generous, they might give us a pic of some trees (But they'll be beautiful, BAS trees biggrin_o.gif ).

Quote[/b] ]a offer like ...you guys give me the island ahead of everybody or  i will come to blow up your houses

That's way too obvious for the OFP Godfather (a.k.a. the OFPFather). He'd say something more like this:

"Look, BAS, I know that you put a great deal of effort into this pack. But my OFPsons, they desire this map, flawed as it may be. You must know what happens to bad people in OFP, their bodies fly hundreds of feet and smack into a building. Now, I'm not saying that something so terrible may come to pass against you, far from it! I just hope that you'll understand the craving that so many of my OFPsons have for this map. Please, enjoy yourselves, and release the map when you are ready."

Could you guys please stop filling this thread with off topic remarks and go ontopic please? I'd hate to see this thread closed sad_o.gif

It's going to take a lot more than some spam to kill this thread. Still, I agree with you, so I'll stop spamming this thread from now on.

Um, this is a question to anyone BAS related: What exactly goes on in the last 48 hours before a release? Just a lot of testing, or is there something more?

I think uploading think it is near 70MB or bigger it takes alot of time to upload think they came to the idea in 48 hours they can upload it maybe shorter but never now so they put a deadline for 48 hours to be sure wink_o.gif

At least I think this is why they said 48 hours but could be wrong but anyway the best thing is no spamming and wait for them to upload the file wink_o.gif

This topic is closed because, as usual, a small group of people want to spam a BAS topic. BAS, please start a new topic over in A&MC, as usual, when the island is released. I don't think anybody wants a by-the-minute countdown from the usual peanut gallery.