Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Call for support

I interesting option to add would be to make available more "Support Options". ie.. Air Strike support, Artillery Support, Air Drop/pick-up support, re-inforcement support. Would be cool to order in more ammo by air when things get a little tight on the ground.... or call for more men as you got all yours killed ;-). I know most of these things could be scripted in to OFP... but would be nice to have it built in. One Support option I would make harder .... ie in Vet mode is when you call in Support you should have to put in the Grid Reference yourself.... ie by either typing in Ca15 or just double clicking on the map.. what ever is the most convenient. Should livin things up a little if you call air stike on yourself because your map reading is a little rusty. just some ideas.... happy coding

Make it so that support can only be called if the radio operator is in the vicinity/alive smile_o.gif

to expand on what shash said:

...and/or have a radio set in the squad...maybe down to difficulty level so easy anyone could providing they had the radio set, or "realistic" and have only the person who started with the radio set (or a predefined radio operater class)

to expand on what shash said:

...and/or have a radio set in the squad...maybe down to difficulty level so easy anyone could providing they had the radio set, or "realistic" and have only the person who started with the radio set (or a predefined radio operater class)

Maybe make competence and ability to use the radio, for the AI, related to the skill level setting?

many of these element about the radio have already been said by me in other posts wink_o.gif

using my idea which is HERE

in an organized multiplayer game you could radio the co-ordinates of the enemy base to your airfield/pilots back at base