Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Music composer

Have u listened Muse? They totally rock! Newborn and Hyper Music are good songs.

..would love to hear Voddo Child for free in OFP and then hack the OGGS  wink_o.gif

why would you want to "hack" the OGG? if your calling a transfer from OGG to MP3 or WAV a "hack", then you better go back to scool and actually learn what the word hack means

anyway, I like the music as it is right now, Seventh good and current music composer is making great songs smile_o.gif

..would love to hear Voddo Child for free in OFP and then hack the OGGS  wink_o.gif

why would you want to "hack" the OGG? if your calling a transfer from OGG to MP3 or WAV a "hack", then you better go back to scool and actually learn what the word hack means

anyway, I like the music as it is right now, Seventh good and current music composer is making great songs smile_o.gif

You too, to learn how to spell "school" tounge_o.gif

As for Coldplay, for the love of god, NO!!! no offense but british music are crap (george micheal, robin williams,blur..)

Harry Gregson williams would do the job correctly.

no more seventh, because its crap.

british composed music aint crap!, listen to the beatles, Oasis, Ms Dynamite, Blur, So Solid Crew, Robbie Williams, Basement Jaxx, etc!!!!, man what music do u like?.

Seriosly, have a look at "The Black" - A Bangladeshi Alternative Music group, man they GOOD, they are phat, u should also look at the bands "Moby" and "Enigma".

These 3 groups which i have mentioned should be considered for the role of the soundtrack of OPF2.

yeah, then i suggestthat the following composers should be "Suggested",

- The Black (Bangladeshi Alternative Group)

- Moby

- Enigma

I like Seventh and the music in OFP now, but maybe since there will be different places where OPF2 takes place, maybe different styles of music (Vietnamese, African(like in Tonal), etc).

Some big Symphonic productions tailored to a good OFP style mood would be excellent, but such productions tend to cost ungodly amounts of money.

If they could find some VERY good original symphonic tracks that were cheaply offered by new or independent music groups/productions, that would work well in OFP 2.

Like on some OFP intros, I really would have felt more involved if the original campaign used some of the very good music like is used in the Davidian OFP-R mission.  It wasn't bad what they made available, it definately beats having nothing.  However, for OFP 2 there should definately be a higher emphasis on the music aspect than with OFP/OFP-R.

I hope you guys are not saying to trow out the current music composer they already have

I think you should stop saying which groups of music would maybe be best see and begin telling what kind of music would fit better, and don't come here and say : "well, vietnam time music!"

look, I did not live in that time, I have no freggin idea of what kind of music from that time would actually be able to fit in the game, i'm not feeling like licenning to the Beattles while i'm blasting some Vietcon

and btw, anyone here as any idea on how the missions are gonna be? it's good to have lot's of music but....if it does not actually fit the mission, it's useless

so while your at it, suggest some types of music that could go with that kind of mission or something?

I think that's gonna be a lot more usefull to BIS than just trowing out band's name everywere, band's that they maybe don't even know what kind of music they make

so that's my suggestion to the people of the forum

i personally think that actual ofp soundtrack and 7nth are cool, and they fit great in ofp, i downloaded some of theirs mp3 too smile_o.gif

Anyway I think it's a little early of me to have posted this thread, knowing they dont have much to get going with.

The trick is to get everything from Enviorment feeling, gameplay, and all that other stuff and then come up with a decision on music.

Resistance took a bigger leap into music, I'm sure you noticed that also. The quality bounced up another notch.

I think when OFP2 comes out, OFP Xbox will provide more than enough money to pump out even more quality into OFP2, meaning better equipment for BIS (musical equipment).

I don't think BIS plans to change any musical methods, but to rather build on them and improve them as they did in Resistance. I don't see OFP2 in general coming out as a totally new game, sorry to dissapoint you. I see it as a much more improved version of the original, and I mean much much more.

we aint trying toss out anyone, what we have said, are suggestions, the BI Staff, take this into consideration and decide what they must do, they give contracts to anyone they feel fit to do the job.

They don't give contracts to people to compose songs for $10,000 each either. (probably more)

Anyhoo I have changed my mind about seventh. I say BIS fire them for never releasing anything that was and is in IL ;p

The thing is, Bill Brown can do any kind of music. Hes been involved with all types of music from adventure, ambient, horror, suspence, ANYTHING!! Bill Brown has done it all and he does one hell of a good job.

hes done movies, games, Television music, even windows XP stuff!!!!

He has a great studio and great musicians, and I'm almost positive hes the man to call for this job. I will be very interested to see BIS (or Codemasters) decision on the music side of things.

But flat out Bill Brown can do anything, and he does best then any other.

I vote Bill Brown for OFP2 smile_o.gif

And no one mentioned Mike Giacchino? The guy that made music for all the MoH games and Call of Duty?

Theme from Call of Duty

Operation: Market Garden

(Or the main theme of MoH:FL)

And for you action lovers:

All natural, none of its synthesised. Dont get me wrong, I like OPF music but real instruments sound alot better. smile_o.gifHalftrack Chase

I don't mind who composes the soundtrack to OFP2, and I really liked the works in OFP, as Seventh and the instrumentals really fitted in to the feeling of the situation.

But I wouldn't mind a bit of music that my Mother desccribes as 'Bad for ones mental health.' You know, stuff like Fear Factory and all that 'RRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR' type stuff.

I don't know how, but it just gets me completely revved up, and in a war game such as OFP, thats not a bad thing.

Whenever I'm driving, especially in the city, I put it on, because, well I dunno.............. It makes me concentrate more. I grip the Steering wheel harder, change gears more agressively and in general, have a better awareness of whats going on around me.

As strange as it might be to some, I enjoy the adrenaline that fast paced music put in me.

So, Heres some images of what fast music can do to me!  tounge_o.gif

When driving:

fugitive.gif

When playing OFP and listening to fast music:

http://www.jdetrich.homestead.com/files/jd/img/rfmhzc.jpg

tounge_o.gif

edit: second pic file size over 100kb

WOW... that must be a good heatsink! And a hot processor! Look at those flames! :P

WOW... that must be a good heatsink! And a hot processor! Look at those flames! :P

LOL. I push those buttons too hard and quickly. Note my mechanically supercharged graphics card to monitor connection. You should have seen my last motherboard. Just a pile of molten silicon and metals! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Remind me that if I meet you in the middle of a MP setup that I will drive the cargo truck.  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Anytime. I shotgun control of the radio!

What Frenchman will look like after a few minutes of my music: http://www.jdetrich.homestead.com/files/jd/img/het.jpg

Quote[/b] ]edit: second pic file size over 100kb

Whoops. Didn't realise. Small pic didn't register to check size. Won't happen again.

Skywind is a great band. I even got to meet them. If some of their stuff we're using in OFP 2 it would be kick ass for everyone wink_o.giftounge_o.gif