Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Music composer

It came to my attention that because OFP 2 will likely be improved in every single way possible, I was thinking you should get a true composer for the music in OFP2.

Bill Brown would be my selection. He has made music for other numerous games like Rainbow Six, Raven Shield, Ghost Recon, Command and Conquer: Generals, and MANY others.

Personally I think Bill Brown would be the man.

Bill Brown official site - many samples of his work

I don't know... his work sounds so "Gladiator"-ish. I can think of a game like RTCW, or even Diabolo2, and Dungeon Siege with this music, but I don't think it works with Flashpoint.

It's so bombastic and the sound is polished. OFP2's soundtrack has to be rougher, it needs some edges and a more personal touch. wink_o.gif

the reactions on the music of Resistance and Bill Brown:

Resistance: Hey! that's a nice guitar lick, dude! Dirty tistortion, gimme more of it! biggrin_o.gif

Bill Brown: uh... nice music. sounds like that theme from "The Rock"... *turns away and forgets everything*

I'd like to see a mix of various styles (e.g. classical, rock, chorus, hard rock etc.) which will underline the specific moods in different situations.

I have the movie "Platoon" in mind where Dafoe is left behind, gets down on his knees and raises his hands to the air. You can't play some hard rock there, most likely something more tragical and thrilling would be suitable.

I hope you can see my point... ;)

I totally agree that it would greatly help OFP 2 if they expand and improve their quality and quantity of In-Game official music tracks for the game.

It doesn't have to be John Williams, but two or three small original orchestral works or some orchestral works already produced would be great with OFP 2.   Mix in some good Hard rock, some tragical music tracks, and some heavy attitude music would greatly help for the Fighter jocks for OFP 2.

Anyways, I support ANY significant improvement on the selection and variety of future OFP 2 music tracks being as the official ones to suppliment the campaigns and official missions.

Later all.

Havoc.

@ Aug. 26 2003,14:57)]I hope you can see my point... ;)

Of course I can see it. smile_o.gif

And Resistance has tracks which would fit the situation you have discribed. But those tracks still are better than the ones you can listen to at Bill Brown's homepage IMHO. wink_o.gif

BTW Platoon is pretty much like OFP. It's about war and shows that it's ugly buisiness, that your friends die, and it doesn't gloryfy soldiers as heroes. It shows you even the good guys can be brutal monsters and that soldiers can get tired of killing and just want home. BIS' self-composed music helps you to get the message because it hass many different emotions.

Bill Brown's music fits perfectly with games like Medal Of Honor or with movies about superheroes or someone who's fighting evil Nazis or terrosrists, a dull hero who just seems to live for the good cause. ;)

I would like to hear some music that fits in with the era of the campaign. OFP 2 is most likely going to be in 3 different times and it would be a shame to be playing a soldier in vietnam and be listening to Techo or Hardcore Metal playing.

I like the current music... it's quite nice.

I doubt they will hire a new composer especially since the one they have is theirs, and theirs only smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 26 2003,13:51)]Resistance: Hey! that's a nice guitar lick, dude! Dirty tistortion, gimme more of it! biggrin_o.gif

I like the  tracks  1a,1b,2,3,8 and 9 in Resistance. I hope that OFP2 music is like this. smile_o.gifmusic1.gif

(Especially Tracks 1a and 8 wink_o.gif )

Yeah, I like the current style/composer of music for OFP, IMHO they should keep it the same.

i like the music it has now

but i want some more hard rock

for when your mad!

and green!

and i love the ability to put your own music into a level

i'm gonna find a copy of "on the road to hell" and shove it in one of my missions!!!

how about Harry Gregson-Williams

he made music for metal gear solid 2, spy game, enemy of the states and many more and his music shure do rock  smile_o.gif

or some asian music

ps: i dislike seventh

Considering that part of the game will play out in Vietnam, i hope they license music from the time. I think flashpoints nondescript music wouldnt really fit. Think for example a intro with tired soldiers riding in a Huey to the tunes of CCR - Fortunate Son. Can't get any more vietnam than that. The music from Full Metal Jacket for example is almost completely period music and adds to the effect. All from Sam the Shams Woolly Bullly (sp?) to Jack Porters Hello Vietnam...

Also, being a big CCR fan i would definatively enjoy any mission with its music in it... Also a cool scenario would be a night mission with fog in the jungle, flares and vc assaults all to the tunes of some hippy songs with spaced out guitar solos and trippy lyrics. would be pretty damn stylish imo.

ps. I didn't really like the music of Seventh, anyone else agree?

I just have one request - no more Seventh damnit!

I'm hard rock fan, I'm listening to the metal sometimes too, but I just can't handle such bands like Seventh... IT WAS WEAK!

But I very like almost all of the other (instrumental) OFP tracks. Especially 01.ogg, 02.ogg and 03.ogg.

In the OFP2 I would like to see tracks of the same composer  + some classic rock / hippie tracks + some vietnameese folk music (well beeping).

he made music for metal gear solid 2, spy game, enemy of the states and many more and his music shure do rock  smile_o.gif

I really liked the music from MGS but I never heard the music from MGS2.

If alot of OFP2 music is like Resistance track 1a, ill be happy.

(Who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyway. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I dislike seventh

Sith and the other mods, PR him. mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

or some asian music

ps: i dislike seventh

Classify 'asian' - do you mean techno/rave like Nagual likes? tee hee

Classify 'asian' - do you mean techno/rave like Nagual likes? tee hee

good point. 'Asian song' on collective scale is not a good description. there are J-pops, K-pops, Chinese, vietnamese, and many more.

i prefer that BIS choose some composers from eastern europe. they seem to give some distinct feeel.

How about some drama style music in the back ground?

Hans Zimmer's alike sort of themes... smile_o.gif

Or simple get all of Jimi Hendrix's songs copyrighted for yourself ..would love to hear Voddo Child for free in OFP and then hack the OGGS wink_o.gif

Oh yeah... Zimmer's themes are perfect...

PS.: It's Voodoo Chile not Voddo Child ;P

I think a variety of styles/genres would please everyone, though being set in an era would suit the game having music from that period or even themes that reflect the moods of situations, regardless of era

as for composer.. hello! tounge_o.gif

personally I would love to write some music pieces for bis (oh how nice it would be to work your passion), either way I'll be writing some music for someone in the future.. I get more out of that than doing it for myself..

ok, I'm done with the plug tounge_o.gif

I would like to see the following Composers, considered for the role of music soundtracks in OPF2.

The Black - ("Bangladesh" Alternative Music Group) HUGE IN

ASIA and growing worldwide.

Coldplay - ("British" Alternative Music Group) growing band,

very good.

Enigma - Huge group in music, maybe be expensive to employ

Moby - Extremely Big in Music, they do everything, and would

be quite expensive to employ.

Its a matter of opionion, these 4 groups are very good, they are big contenders, if they were considered for OPF2.

Coldplay - ("British" Alternative Music Group) growing band,  

very good.

NOOOO! For the love of spam sandwitches not Coldplay!!! Every weekend I have to close my ears shut while my sister listens to it on volume level 10.

. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif