Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Mfcti new version!

Here's some of the features

-SU-25 LGB for addons version.

-Multi-language support. Current languages: English, French, and German.

-Improved interface: Vehicles/units are visually displayed in factory menus, new unit camera view, etc.

-New score system: Points are gained for building structures, salvaging vehicles, taking towns, scouting, etc.

-Better AI communication: They now report enemy positions, casualties, etc.

-Improved AI Commanders: They will defend towns, build different base layouts, take advantage of airstrips, etc.

-Independent AI option. AIs will purchase their own equipment and work as a group.

-Resistance will now take back their towns if most of them are not eliminated.

-New loadout interface for barracks: Create and save a custom loadout, load templates, and specify primary/secondary weapon, misc equipment, & sidearm.

-Teams Menu: View all team resources, transfer funds, set roles, etc.

-Multiple respawn locations: Barracks, light, heavy, and aircraft factories.

-New upgrades.

MFCTI Website

I was a huge fan of v1, I'll be trying this in the next few minutes. They also have HR versions of it, which is heavy resistance, sounds fun.

Addon pbo has a different name to the old one? Is this a replacement (then why the new name?) or an add-on for the old pbo???

I downloaded this yesterday and have had a couple of games with just me vs the AI, and I'm finding that the AI on the oppsite team isnt really doing anything- they will build a few buildings, but wont attack any towns or anything. I've had a game going for about an hour and a half and they still didnt do anything crazy_o.gif The AI commander of my side however does what he should be doing, attacking towns, building units etc... Is anyone else getting this lack of action from the AI oppenent?

Sorry- just seen this on the ofp.info comments section for it-

Quote[/b] ]Dont't download this version.

This version has a AI bug, so the computer dissapears when killed.

A debugged version will come out soon.

The new addon for 1.1 is not dependent on the old 1.0 addon nor does it replace it. You will need mfcti1.1.pbo for 1.1 missions and mfcti1.0.pbo for 1.0 missions.

There is an AI respawn bug that I will be releasing a fix for. To the best of my knowledge this problem will not occur on a dedicated server but if you find otherwise please let me know.

Good job with the new loadouts dialog. Also I like the new worker animation 'medic' more than the old 'striking with gun' better.

However the first thing I wanted to be fixed seems to be even worse in the 'hard resistance' version;

When playing against a side with only AI players, they seem to be totally useless fighters. They have trouble with some towns where there are a few more resistance soldiers than in the others and now with the HR version they just can't take towns anymore.

The only fun in the HR version is fighting agains the resistance, sense I can just walk into the enemy base and destroy it because they don't get any resources..

Also the way the resistance units are created in the HR version bugs me a bit. I'm assuming it's based on the distance between 'you' and the 'town'. The distance isn't long enough.

I was moving on from Entre Deux to Montinac with my Abrams downhill slowly and I saw a whole bunch of resistance bad guys appearing in my scope. One HEAT ammo took care of all of them.

A game of MFCTI is always fun. I'm a huge fan. There are no other CTI missions as far as I'm conserned. I hope you can fix the AI (just make it fight harder) so that the mission will continue to interest me and hundreds of others.

Cheers wink_o.gif

please release that quick fix soon! me and a bunch of guys can hardly wait to start playing this again COOP

I got a question about mcti missions, i have never played them and im wondering if you can play them in Lan games with some friends and a.i? And when is the fix going to be released?

Fix was released check out the official site or the one reedkiller provided. Yes, MFCTI is in fact a great COOP game. THis is the map we play at LANs (any OFP RTS is a friend favorite), the battles are just so large and the scale of battle is as well. Conquering a whole island... what a objective ;)

Has anyone considered making a CTI mission for FDF or BW? Maybe try using different islands (Sarugao, Trinity)? Perhaps even with DKMs new Helos and SAMs

1.1B Coop Released!!!!!!!!!

The 1.1B Coop version is now available. Included in this version is the LE mission which is better suited for performance in single player games. The MP version of 1.1B should also be available in a few days. Progress on the map pack has been a little slow but work on the next version has been very good. The next major release will be v1.15. The features page and screenshots section should be getting updated with the latest developments in the near future.

-Fixed loadouts menu. Misc items will now be saved to custom loadouts.

-Fixed independent infantry AIs. Teams will now purchase troops without a lot of resources.

Grab it at the downloads page

Grabbed....thx for continuing to support and improve this. Luv it! biggrin_o.gif

I played the coop version on everon. It's pretty fun. I just wonder why the ai doesn't make use of vehicles when capturing towns... it'd sure progress faster.

Hmmm.......didn't the AI already build tanks and cars and stuff before in the last version of CTI. I have the last nogova version and they'll come rumbling in a m113 or a humvee to take a town all the time.....

Anyhow, is this new version for Multiplayer out yet? if so LINK crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Well all I know is in the 1.1b everon coop the ai squadmembers would just hoof it to towns even if there was a vehicle factory built... so I guess it might not a part of their scripted behavior.

... Perhaps it's because I was playing as a team member and not the commander? Is there a way to make the other ai team leaders work in independent mode without having to assume responsibility for the entire base? (If that's even the issue) That'd be pretty nice. I'm in it for the combat ambience right now, commanding my own little squad in the midst of a battle and such. wink_o.gif

Ok. Weird. I just played it again and I was west. The west made m60 tanks and such but still sometimes the ai commanders would run alllll the way to far off towns. Some ai routine for making raiding convoys that stop short of towns to dismount and attack would be cool; still a lot of work that would be I'd imagine. Even better would be ai that would salvage an empty vehicle if they found one and use that if they were waylaid and their vehicle damaged in the process.

I still don't know if the ai opposition really makes full use of their vehicle making capabilities. Does the variable opposition control on the mission setup screen (low,average,...etc whatever) determine not only resistance but how much and what types of units the opponent will make? If so I think those should be kinda separate. I did one time hear off in the distance the sound of tanks fighting... or a tank shooting at something... multiple times... so I dunno. Can anyone confirm yes or no?

Still, lots of fun to be had here. A lot of random events happened during the course of my play. Some of them a little crazy, like this BRDM that would harass my little platoon and take towns after I liberated them. Having my m2a2 chase it across the battlefield was rather comical to watch.

Addendum:

I don't know what it is, but I tried playing on the west with the game set to coop: east and the west sure was building lots of stuff... they also had access to more stuff right off the bat than when playing west with coop:west set on.

The coop:east game the west built an airfield, a heavy vehicles factory... inversely the other game the west did very little. I'm beginning to wonder if you don't earn a substantial amount of money within the time the ai commander (on your team) starts building he will just sort of give up the ghost and stop building altogether.

Hmm... it seems there -is- a thing for ai transporting themselves but it seems like the commander has to babysit them... same with paradropping and defend town orders and stuff... now I think a good idea would be to allow human team leaders to become something like assistant commanders or something, basically allowing players who don't want to command everything to do a few things to assist while the ai commander for their team does the bitch work biggrin_o.gif

I tried it and it causes errors with other missions (missing addon mfcti11) when put into a modfolder. This (put into the CfgPatches section of the config.cpp) seems to fix it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredVersion = 1.85;

requiredAddons[] = {bmp2,su25,ah64,bradley,ch47d};

Has anyone considered making a CTI mission for FDF or BW? Maybe try using different islands (Sarugao, Trinity)? Perhaps even with DKMs new Helos and SAMs
Quote[/b] ]Has anyone considered making a CTI mission for FDF or BW? Maybe try using different islands (Sarugao, Trinity)? Perhaps even with DKMs new Helos and SAMs

Don't know about FDF or BW, but if you are interested in any modification: there is one for i44 available: I just downloaded it from

Browse this for CTI44*

Didn't have a look at it yet, though...