Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Loading missions

As I am on 56k  (no choice)  I find that most people are waiting for me to finish down-loading a mission during MP games.  The problem is, that to hurry things along I usually hit "OK" before reading the missions' briefing and "make things up" as I go along.

A simple (to me... but then again I am not a programmer) technique to rectify this problem would be would be to split the mission loading sequence into 2 parts.  First, have the mission upload to all the clients the  Briefing part and let all users open and view that section, then secondly, have the main part of the mission load in the background.

I hope this idea has some merit.... thx  gonk

that would be indeed of use for the 56k, be able to read the briefing of the mission while the mission actully download

but my best advice would be to download the mission yourshelf....but you can't alway know what mission you gonna play online and sometimes they are oftenly uptade so...but it could be usefull also for long briefing for complex missions smile_o.gif

At least it will make downloading less annoying, since you will actually have something to do while waiting.

Good idea!