Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

Eurofighter typhoon screens

Hope everything is going well hardrock and that you are getting the help u need...

How's the Stealth Bomber project going along with this Typhoon addon?  I haven't heard much about it ever since about September or October.

Wunderbares Addon! tounge_o.gif

I think we'll have this nice plane earlyer than the europian armys will have it in "RL" smile_o.gif

Great one!

Ahhh!! No!!! ( Kicking homemade time machine... Doesnt seem to work...) I need it now! Cant wait!

So... any news? What stage is the Typhoon on? Will it be released before the real thing enters active service? wink_o.gif

Hardrock is working hard to remove all those small bugs that coming with all the fantastic features included in the eurofighter. wink_o.gif

But it goes forward.

EF-LB1.jpg

EF-LB2.jpg

Maybe hardrock will tell you more.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

other than the german version will there be a RAF paint scheme

i might be wrong, but im sure i saw it mentioned there would be a version for each country who will be operating them

i might be wrong, but im sure i saw it mentioned there would be a version for each country who will be operating them

as far as I know, there will be a German, Englisch and Austrian version

but the EF will be used by France and Italy (and some other countries), too

I am afraid the french wont be buying the EF-2000 sad_o.gif They have there Dassault Rafale (Which is a VERY good plane). Confirmed customers of the EF-2000 are UK, Germany, Spain, Italy (Partner nations), Austria and Greece. Possible exports include: Australia, Singapore, Brazil etc

as far as I know, there will be a German, Englisch and Austrian version

but the EF will be used by France and Italy (and some other countries), too

yeh, but I meant versiona of in Flashpoint

Norway is also looking for replacements for its F-16As and F-5s and I think the Eurofighter is going strong in the competition against the JAS-39, Rafale and the JSF

absolutly needs Brimstones- need more british stuff.#

i cant believe no-one has really released any BAS/FDF/SJB quality British infantry yet.

anyway, back on topic - need brimstones.

-ZiRo

Brimstones are included since long time, if you view my page you can see a version equiped with Brimstone launchers on the second image.

There will be many versions of different countries included, also the possibility of setting his own roundels like on Footmunchs planes will be given.

Eurofighter vs JSF is a not an easy decision, but I would heavily favor the JSF overall.

For about 10 to 15 million more, you get a highly capable "True" stealth multirole aircraft which is designed specifically for a VERY fast maintance cycle and cheaper to maintain.

As for the Eurofighter, I haven't recieved as much information about how quickly it can be maintained, or about the average cost of maintance for the Eurofighter.

Here's my takedown for what Norway should do for their multi-role fighter needs.

60 to 70% of the frontline multi-role fighter defense should be the F/A-35A JSF.   This would take care of the air-to-air, SEAD, and the precision-strike needs of Norway.

15 to 30% of the frontline multi-role fighter force should be the Eurofighter.  It is best suited for CAS, the nitty-gritty, and long range land attack missile strikes. The Eurofighter is  much more suited for the more dangerous work of attacking armor with those Brimstone missiles and cluster muntions.

Since it has two engines, it is a lot more dependable and reliable if it has to go in the thick of AAA and small arms fire.

If anyone wants to hire me as a aircraft defense consultant and pay me a six figure salary for my ideas and recommendations (Wishful thinking and dreamin  tounge_o.gif), feel free to E-mail me.  

*Forum moderators and other members fall out of their seats in uncontrollable laughter*

Eurofighter vs JSF is a not an easy decision, but I would heavily favor the JSF overall.

For about 10 to 15 million more, you get a highly capable "True" stealth multirole aircraft which is designed specifically for a VERY fast maintance cycle and cheaper to maintain.

As for the Eurofighter, I haven't recieved as much information about how quickly it can be maintained, or about the average cost of maintance for the Eurofighter.

Here's my takedown for what Norway should do for their multi-role fighter needs.

60 to 70% of the frontline multi-role fighter defense should be the F/A-35A JSF. This would take care of the air-to-air, SEAD, and the precision-strike needs of Norway.

15 to 30% of the frontline multi-role fighter force should be the Eurofighter. It is best suited for CAS, the nitty-gritty, and long range land attack missile strikes. The Eurofighter is much more suited for the more dangerous work of attacking armor with those Brimstone missiles and cluster muntions.

Since it has two engines, it is a lot more dependable and reliable if it has to go in the thick of AAA and small arms fire.

If anyone wants to hire me as a aircraft defense consultant and pay me a six figure salary for my ideas and recommendations (Wishful thinking and dreamin tounge_o.gif), feel free to E-mail me.

*Forum moderators and other members fall out of their seats in uncontrollable laughter*

Few things wrong there sorry mate!

They plan to have the unit cost of the JSF down to 40million per aircraft. The eurofighter will be about 80million by the time they get to Tranche 3 in 2015.

The Eurofighter out performs the JSF by an average factor of 1.76 to 1. It can carry more fuel, go further, supercruise at mach 1.8, has the worlds most advanced EW package (EADS EuroDass) and can actually carry three times the practicle payload of the JSF. and remember that as soon an the jsf carries an outboard payload its stealth characteristics dissappear. Even with the JSF carrying 2 AIM9-x, 2 AMRAAM and 2 JDAM (Maximum internal load) the EF-2000's passive detection range in only 8k's more than the JSF's. Also the METEOR long-range AAM is expected to outrange the AMRAAM by 35%, and will be too big to fit into the internal weapons bay of the F-35 JSF.

The JSF has also already gone nearly half a TON(!) overweight and is currently at 60million per aircraft. They are going to make it lighter and cheaper ( by taking away some of its avionics and capabilities).

I would put my money on the EF-2000 anytime. smile_o.gif

Three cheers for Janes.Com!

P.S. The F-22 Raptor averages at 2.5 the performance of the JSF, anf is currently running at a unit cost of $160million(!). The only way to bring down the unit cost is to increase the number of orders up from the 350 ish currently sought by the USAF, or dispence with some of its capabilities... hehe

Maybe they will be forced to offer it for export?!

BTW. Hardrock. I cant wait mate! Need a beta tester?

but the JSF is VTOL capable so you have to take into consideration that factor when considering the weights and how much it can carry.