Sign in to follow this  
NAA_Us_Marine

Mig-29 screens

Since many people have been asking for a peek on our progress of the MiG-29, here is a screen to show where we are at the moment,  If you happen to see anything wrong thats probably cause we are still working on it.. we are aware of many things that need to be worked on. This Image here is a view of the Ex. Czech MiG-29 Fulcrum.

MiGss1024.jpg

Looks very promising! biggrin_o.gif

Will it be possible to set national markings via the init field?

wow_o.gif That looks fantastic!

What a good job!

Looks very promising! biggrin_o.gif

Will it be possible to set national markings via the init field?

I hope they don't do this as it wouldn't be realistic. Even if they released a 'generic' camo scheme for it, this would be unrealistic because every Fulcrum operator has a different scheme rock.gif

I think Deadsoldier and US Marine strive for perfection, especially when it comes to realism (I've spoken to DS quite a bit about this project) so I hope they make a few really good quality schemes, like the Czechoslovak one in the picture and not make a 'generic' scheme just so that you can have a Bangladesh AF roundel rock.gif

Only some info:

This is not Czechoslovakian version,this is version of CIF-Czech (not Czechoslovakia;-) )Air Force or CADF-Czech Air Defense Forces

and this is photo of czech mig:

mig29_2_s.jpg

mig29o2b.jpg

and here is pic of Slovak mig´s

Mig29x3.jpg.jpg

wow_o.gif ...........................I can´t say nothing!

Its incredible!

Just hope Ofp2 has better flight dynamix as they are now.

You can be proud of your self!

nice looking biggrin_o.gif

hope it will have some good missiles and weapons too. smile_o.gif

and some different camo versions smile_o.gif

No changing of national markings that wouldnt look right on a czech mig, also we will be doing different schemes.

No changing of national markings that wouldnt look right on a czech mig, also we will be doing different schemes.

are you sayin that the czech mig has distinctive camo patterns?

they arent copied from other countries?

well if you cant use the "setobjecttexture" it'd be nice to see some other schemes such as russian and germany biggrin_o.gif

edit what other countries use the mig29?

Well read my full post and u will see clearly that i sayed we will be making other schemes. yes the czech mig has distinctive camo schemes. as for what countrys use it, tons... Russia, Luftwaffe but they are selling theres, Poland, Myanmar, Iraq and much much more.

I'll just quinch my eyes and imagine that the "evil Republic of Nogova" by chance opted for the same markings as the Czech Air Force or any of the other real world schemes. ;)

To be a bit serious, this doesn't really matter all that much as the MiG's will mostly be used for ground targets (airbase raids) or as AI airsupport in the missions I play and then the markings will really not matter alll that much.

Was just curious so I thought I'd ask.

Why not "Democratic Republic of Nogova", or "People's Republic of Nogova" instead of "Evil Republic of Nogova"?

offtopic.gif

oswald that site was the first one we went to  smile_o.gif  good general info. we also have 300 mb worth of resources on the mig, and a MiG-29 CD with alot more info then the site.

We will be making a German mig that will be on the west side and a Russian mig that will be on the east.

Wasn't they present in the Bosnian war? The serbs used to have a few of them.

If you guys don't release a Serb version at list would be nice if somebody could reskine it to it.

I'm very interested in this conflict, the problem is that no many people works on anything to do with it.

I know that a retextured mod would do, cos the most of the weapons and vehicles made by BIS is what the Serbs where using during the war, but a Mig 29 would be lovely.

One more thing, is many differences between the Fulcrum and the Mikoyan?

We will take the Serb scheme into consideration. the difference between Fulcrum and Mikoyan is, Fulcrum is the NATO codename for the MiG and Mikoyan is the Russian company who developed the MiG.

Looking forward to that Mig, i hardly believed it was an OFP screenshot wink_o.gif

Nice job smile_o.gif

Have you figured out what kind of loadouts the new MiG-29 will have? ...oh btw, are you going to make the cannon realistic with 150 rounds of 30mm firing 1500-1800 rounds per minute (25-30 per second) I know that ammo will be consumed fast but, correct me if i'm wrong, this gun fires in burst of ten rounds.

[EDIT]

Duh! I just took a closer look at the picture, and I realized you're already using 170 rounds capacity (which is the maximum of rounds the MiG-29 carries, although 150 is more common). :P