Sign in to follow this  
madtomo

Cant patch to 1.92 heeeeelp plz

i,m running 1.91 at the moment when i try and patch to uk 1.92 client i keep getting this error message

operation flashpoint is not installed on your computer or maybe corrupt

i think i might know the problem its that its looking to patch summat on my c drive but my ofp and master hard drive is on e and because the patch doesnt let u choose where to install it to it cant see my ofp installation is there any work round to this?

Thanks

Re-install your OFP.

Your OFP is obviously corrupt rock.gif

Re-install your OFP.

Your OFP is obviously corrupt  rock.gif

my ofp works fine ive been playing it every night since it came out

Re-install your OFP.

Your OFP is obviously corrupt  rock.gif

my ofp works fine ive been playing it every night since it came out

problem ive got is that i move house in a few weeks and everytjing i own is in a box somewhere including my second ofp disk and book as i have the goty edition hence i dont want to have to look through hundreds of boxes to find the book for the keycode

The 1.92Beta adds only a "FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE" file to your folder, am I right? So it'll be not so hard to get this file from somebody...

The 1.92Beta adds only a "FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE" file to your folder, am I right? So it'll be not so hard to get this file  from somebody...

ok ive found my disks and book but 1 question before i reinstall does it make a difference what drive i install it to ie my C drive or my E drive does the self exe file look for ofp on a particular drive?

For me, all patches up to 1.91 did find the ofp installation on it´s own. Have´nt tried 1.92 yet, but it must be the same imo.

Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

When clicking on the 1.92 patch.

You are not alone on this one

Operation Flashpoint is not installed or the installation is corrupted.

Make that three damn I dont get it I got the orginal OFP and orginal resistance I have patched till 1.91 fine and now a problem cant patch to 1.92 need some help please BIS help us sad_o.gif

I have my OPF installed on F:

I remember having the same problem back in the early years when OFP was at 1.10 and 1.20 etc.

I remember a Re-install fixed the problem (even though my current OFP worked nicely) smile_o.gif

A couple of thoughts on your problems:

<ul>

[*] If OFP is running while you try to patch it, a similar error message will occur. Happened to me...

[*] You need to have the original, untampered 1.91 exe installed.

Other than that, unfortunately, it may be reinstall time, like suggested...

Hope it helps.

My 2 cents :

Lots of ppl seem to have moved the O.pbo to a different Addons file so they didnt get the memory map problem...maybe u need to put it back in original place before upgrading to 1.92beta?

biggrin_o.gif  it works.... get the FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE (not the install file) and copy it in your Flashpoint folder

thats it! rock.gif

thx benu

i tried that didnt work for me

i had to do a reinstall to get it to work i think the problem is if u have moved the original ofp addouns around to different addons folders