Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Avon\'s OFP FAQ is down (but not out)

Well, well. So many of you downloaded the Ultimate Upgrade 4 patch from The FAQ that my accounts CPU limits were overexceeded and the hosting company's server went and disable the site.

Unfortunately, everyone at the hosting company is out till around the 26th and there's only a faint chance that it'll be back online before then.

When it's back up, I've added the following HOT NEWS item:

<span style='color:red'>HOT NEWS:</span> The FAQ can no longer mirror files for downloading. (added December 23, 2001)

Due to the CPU utilization limits of The FAQ's WEB site account, I regret to announce that The FAQ must unfortunately discontinue hosting and mirroring large files.

The FAQ's account limits were exceeded when the Ultimate Upgrade 4 patch was mirrored here. It basically caused the FAQ's shutdown of a number of days.

Should Codemasters or BIS decide to cover the whopping US$200 to US$250 annual cost it takes to maintain an appropriate WEB hosting account for such purposes, I will be more than happy to reinstate these and more files in the future. Sorry.

We'll make sure you have more than enough mirrors to post smile.gif

It's so obvious that I felt compelled to question it.

RUN AVONLADY!!!!!! RUN!!!! I'LL HOLD HIM BACK!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Ya know, actually. I heard that in Britain there are more avon ladies than there are ground soldiers in the army.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Jamesia on 8:24 pm on Dec. 23, 2001

RUN AVONLADY!!!!!! RUN!!!! I'LL HOLD HIM BACK!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

He's the one that should be running!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He's the one that should be running!<span id='postcolor'>

No argument here Avonlady. I'm a lover not a fighter.