THE IBAS System

Improved Bradley Acquisition Subsystem

At the top of the M2A2

Just for the textures...

***Update

I have made this for the new version of the U.S.  version

that is for the m2a3 not he m2a2 the a2 has a regular isu rock.gif

No... i think not.. I see it on the M2A2 pictures...  crazy_o.gif

I made the damage values. It can be shot down by 1 RPG or if it not gets destroyed it gets totaly damaged and the crew gets out , if they survive.

well i sorry to bust your hump but the pic you showed is for the A3 it is a 48x sight  the A2 is only 12X

it is a little taller and wider than a A2 ISU

aha thanks , will make it! ;)

Rudedog post some more pic of the desert ! ;)

You should show us a few ingame pics as well as to how it looks and in the desert too .. biggrin_o.gif

its 8:24 am here , so , when I get up smile_o.gif I will make it lighter and post it!  wink_o.gif

I have contacted FlipEr via phone (SMS) i hope he replys wink_o.gif

Ok youve impressed me now  biggrin_o.gif

You should definitely join the Gulf War mod , your texture work ooks good better then the ones theyve made so far , your look realistic.

I hope they get released soon too... smile_o.gif

We can always talk  biggrin_o.gif

Last stuff of ours that got released was last year...December I think. Since then the only stuff anyone outside the mod has seen is screenshots (pretty much, I know there are exceptions). And screenshots can do whatever you want them to do...  smile_o.gif

LOL i wasnt trampling your nice work man  biggrin_o.gif

Just that Gulf war Mod's texture look a bit off to me (thats just me maybe  tounge_o.gif ) but they have their contrast rates too high IMO.

Rudes M2a2 looks very realistic with light camo and nice lightned texture. Would be nice to have this used in your MOD too since i like to see integrity in mods in such things.

Ya I know....just things get said after seeing Beta images etc etc  smile_o.gif

And I love to see what it looks like here:  biggrin_o.gif

NewCesta.jpg

Yes...grrrr. It was up for a while. Bugger...

Ooh! Nu Brads! Me happy. biggrin_o.gif

A word of caution/tip to anyone out there doing a new Bradley - the original BIS Bradley has a rather serious config bug. Here's the deal:

The BIS Bradley inherits from the M113 class. Looking inside the M113 config, we see, among other things, this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

irScanRangeMin=0;

irScanRangeMax=0;

and the Bradley is configured thusly: ...

Doesn't an AI's sense of sight come from the weapon they are using?  And not the vehicle itself?  A soldier with an M60 shoots at stuff much farther away than a soldier with an M16.

Doolittle

@Doolittle:

Nope, weapon use depends on the min-, med-, maxrange values and the rangeprobability value.

I think that also troubles the sniper rifles, engangement ranges are too low in general, so AI won't shoot even if target is spotted.

But AI won't use a weapon like tow with maxrange 3750 and a probability of 0.95 if it doesn't see the target due to limitations in irscanrangemax.

In addiotion which weapon is used against what depends on the cost value for the weapon, so that a low pricetarget like a jeep isn't shoot up with a TOW if a other weapon with lower cost value is well inside it's min-med-maxrange-envelope.

Regards

Tannethal

Don't go off-topic ! this is for the discussion of mine and rudedog's M2A2/A3

Actually, the topic is for discussion of all M2/3 Bradleys, OFP's most ignored addon? (as stated in the topic, and the reason for this topic), rudedog and yourself just interjected information about your Bradleys of your own free will.

So as long as its about Bradleys, its ontopic wink_o.gif

Note: I'd advise you dont go and start new threads, as the mods will probably get angry...

Actually, the topic is for discussion of all M2/3 Bradleys, OFP's most ignored addon? (as stated in the topic, and the reason for this topic), rudedog and yourself just interjected information about your Bradleys of your own free will.

So as long as its about Bradleys, its ontopic wink_o.gif

Note: I'd advise you dont go and start new threads, as the mods will probably get angry...

Actually, I started this thread to dare someone to create a new bradley, whether it was from the ground up or just retextured.  So I think maybe we should start a new topic to better inform those who have not seen our work.  What do you think Mister Moderator?

You should show us a few ingame pics as well as to how it looks and in the desert too .. biggrin_o.gif

its 8:24 am here , so , when I get up smile_o.gif I will make it lighter and post it!  wink_o.gif

I have contacted FlipEr via phone (SMS) i hope he replys  wink_o.gif

You sent me the SMS?! rock.gif You're crazy man! Using my private GSM # and weaking me up at 10 AM in the morning just to ask me for a model!? You must be realy desperate! crazy_o.gif

OK, so you guys want an improved or even a new Bradley model, possibly with different sub-versions? Beeing able to provide the MLOD model I was thinkng about it and I came up with an idea - here is the deal:

I would make available to the public a stripped-down MLOD model of the BiS M2 with just some visible LODs. Then we would judge which mod team or single addon maker did the best rework (based on some rules or better "guidelines" yet to be defined) and award the winner! He would then get the complete MLOD from me and therefore be able to release the new Bradley(s) to the community.

Like the idea?

Why an auction you ask? You must understand that I'm devoted to 110% realistic addon-making and those of you who know me and my work, knows what I'm talking about! Some time ago (before leaving OFP world) I was considering the possibility to make most of the "locked " OFP models freely available in the MLOD format. But then I realised the potential negative impact of such an act: tons of crappy addons would be released by weekend-addon-makers, not even in a beta status, just to be the FIRST! And since I have the power to do so, I wont let the OFP community be overflowed with 3rd quality addons based on the great BiS models.

Thats all for now! More to come...

FlipeR

Sounds great to me.  When can we expect the stripped MLOD?  I'm ready to go! smile_o.gif

wooHoo!!  when you think fliper has bailed on the communtiy....   ::poof:: he saves the day   biggrin_o.gif

Doesn't an AI's sense of sight come from the weapon they are using? And not the vehicle itself? A soldier with an M60 shoots at stuff much farther away than a soldier with an M16.

I'll second Tannethals explanation up there, Doolittle. Like he says, there are a few different sets of config properties governing a vehicles usage of its weapons:

<ul>

[*]The detection range (irScanRangeMin and irScanRangeMax). ("Red blips on the radar")

[*] The engagement ranges (min/mid/maxRangePropabilities and so on in the ammo definitions)

[*] The cost for a certain ammo type vs the targets value

What you experience in the BIS "M2A2" is that you never get red blips/squares in the commander's radar. He might still get whiff of enemies, but that's by using his game-simulated eyesight. If there's any normal BIS ofpor armor around, that never happens, though, thanks to express delivery of some 125 mm love or some ATGM from the nearest BMP.

This is due to the Brad being "IR-blind" and the others not.

For testing, I have used the Real IFV pack by Ash et al. and modified it to step into the world of Resistance configs. (requiredAddons[]={bradley}, irScanRangeMin and Max to 500/4000 as normal).

I also did some changes to the ammo definitions to have the Brad's use their TOW's out to 3750 m instead of chipping away the paint on T80:s with the cannon.

Properly re-configured, I can assure you that the Bradley is one nasty little bugger on the battlefield.

There's nothing quite like a large open desert area with high view distance and a tank battle supported by properly configured Brads and BMP:s.... missiles galore. biggrin_o.gif

Therefore, I offer this info to any makers of new Brads to beware of that nasty irScanRange* inheritance bug and configure them to use their arsenal of munitions properly. tounge_o.gif

A word of caution: if you think this is "off-topic", you need to Drop that O2 right now and step back! You are one of those weekend addon makers FlipeR mentioned.

its 8:24 am here , so , when I get up smile_o.gif I will make it lighter and post it! wink_o.gif

I have contacted FlipEr via phone (SMS) i hope he replys wink_o.gif

You sent me the SMS?! rock.gif You're crazy man! Using my private GSM # and weaking me up at 10 AM in the morning just to ask me for a model!? You must be realy desperate! crazy_o.gif

OK, so you guys want an improved or even a new Bradley model, possibly with different sub-versions? Beeing able to provide the MLOD model I was thinkng about it and I came up with an idea - here is the deal:

I would make available to the public a stripped-down MLOD model of the BiS M2 with just some visible LODs. Then we would judge which mod team or single addon maker did the best rework (based on some rules or better "guidelines" yet to be defined) and award the winner! He would then get the complete MLOD from me and therefore be able to release the new Bradley(s) to the community.

Like the idea?

Why an auction you ask? You must understand that I'm devoted to 110% realistic addon-making and those of you who know me and my work, knows what I'm talking about! Some time ago (before leaving OFP world) I was considering the possibility to make most of the "locked " OFP models freely available in the MLOD format. But then I realised the potential negative impact of such an act: tons of crappy addons would be released by weekend-addon-makers, not even in a beta status, just to be the FIRST! And since I have the power to do so, I wont let the OFP community be overflowed with 3rd quality addons based on the great BiS models.

FlipeR

Hey FlipeR

the idea with the auction is brilliant, i just wish it turns out ok. But me, im just gonna wait for BAS tounge_o.gif

All this Bradley talk got me thinking: Is a Reloadable TOW laumcher on a Bradley addon acceptable?

I say this because the TOW launcher, at least on the BIS version, is reloadable, but I doubt that IRL, the launcher is mechanically self-reloadable. Thus wouldn't the TOW Launcher, when both Missiles have been expended, require the crew to manually insert new missiles into the Launcher?

Edit: Argh, yes indeed they do, thanks to fas.org

Quote[/b] ]When facing heavier enemy armor the Bradley relies on the TOW Anti-Tank Missile, manufactured by the Hughes Aircraft. Launched from a smooth tube launcher, the missile’s wings and tail fins are folded inside its body until launch. Two of these missiles are carried ready to fire in a collapsible, armored launch rack on the left of the turret. The Bradley must stop in order to fire these missiles, which are them reloaded by the Infantrymen in the back of the vehicle, using a special hatch which provides armor protection during the reload operation.

Therefore, should the reloading of the TOWs 1) Take Longer, and 2) The responsibilty of Reloading the TOWS, be given to a soldier in Cargo, not the Gunner (If possible) be integrated into any future made Bradleys and 3) (This ones asking a bit much!) have an animation for when a soldier does this?

@ozanzac:

Increasing the reload time of the tow is easy and i did it with a improved config for the Bradley.

Likewise split up the Ammo in ready an stocked as per real world data, although for playability it takes nowhere near as long as in real life (up to 6 minits) to reload the ready ammo.

Switching between AP/HEI is also possible without delay, so it's a crude simulation of a double feed M242.

Giving the control over the reload to a cargo player might not be feasible, since the actual weapon is under control of the gunner.

However if one is very eager it might be possible to animate the reload of the TOW launcher with a appearing Dummy soilder.

@rbeni12: a nice model without a good config is what?

Just a nice model! So i wouldn't regard disscussing config issues directly off topic.

S!

Hi,

Just a little off-topic question (not really, it is for an internal version of bradley we would use smile_o.gif ), is there any max value for irScanRangeMax? I've never been able to detect a chopper over 5km with irScanRangeMax set to 8000 in my Linebacker sad_o.gif

@rbeni12: a nice model without a good config is what?

Just a nice model! So i wouldn't regard disscussing config issues directly off topic.

S!

biggrin_o.gif "nice model without a good config is what?" Nah.. Will be nice model , with nice config. wink_o.gif sorry for misunderstanding crazy_o.gif

Like the idea?

FlipeR

Hmmmm.... Nice , but BAS has already have one , so! But nice idea , or maybe we togther fix the MLOD , becouse , i have already fixed some, and then give it to like some people that who requests and have nice idea or work, so they can release it  crazy_o.gif

PS:sorry

Like the idea?

FlipeR

"Thats all for now! More to come..."

Well....

wink_o.gif Im very happy about this , but more to come? I hope soon, Can I ask you when? biggrin_o.gif

Here are some screenies of the latest progress of the Bradleys. Enjoy!

Can I upgrade the green one with my elements... And ps. Plz use the new TOW missle model !  wink_o.gif

Great work Rudedog! Small gripe; Pls leave the gunbarrel in its original grey tex, since these type of barrels arent usually painted (look at the var. pics in this thread, u see what i mean).