Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Joint ammo and magazines (jam)

Something I would like to see in the next update, a flare pistol that is similar to ones in FDF mod and Winter Nogojev addon (one mag has 5 flares). A flare pistol would more practical than flares for grenade launcher.

How about adding 40 mm rifle launcher smoke grenades to JAM? For marking purposes and the likes.

These seem to exist IRL:

M713 red smoke

M715 green smoke

M716 yellow smoke

...and a basic "white smoke" grenade would be nice too.

I whipped up a version of the BIS M16GL myself just to test, and it's quite feasible. Combine it with the "blocking smoke trick" in JAM and I believe we have something  wink_o.gif

*Edited since my original thread was properly deleted to keep the forum tidy. I agree. Thx placebo  smile_o.gif

I would love to see somebody make (with permission of course) the NamPack JAM compliant. Seems to me most everything it needs is part of JAM, but I know nothing about making such changes myself.

If im not wrong, SebNamPack2 has allready inbuilt high dispersal weapons,true its not magazine compatible but a fire fight takes ages while playing with SEB Nam units

If im not wrong, SebNamPack2 has allready  inbuilt high dispersal weapons

You are correct. Note that the SEB team memebers are on the BAS team. smile_o.gif

Yeah, I like the high-dispersion weapons... but the Nampack's sounds leave a little to be desired. Just seems to me that it'd be simplest to make it JAM too. There are only a handful of weapons in the Nampack that aren't already in JAM.

To be honest, I unPBOed the Nampack. It's WAY over my head, but if I get really bored some weekend, maybe I'll give it a shot on my own. I mean, it can't be that complicated, can it? tounge_o.gif

Just seems to me that it'd be simplest to make it JAM too.
Quote[/b] ]It's WAY over my head

Sounds about right...

I can't confirm anything, but there <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>MAY</span> be an effort to work JAM into the Nam Pack II, however, at the moment this is just unconfirmed rumour.

@9mm, as the C-mag has never been officially deployed as an operational weapon system it will not be coded specifically into JAM. However, I do believe that there are 100 round 5.56 mags allready in JAM, and if you have the coding know how, you can make a weapon use the 100 round mag as a "substitiute" C-mag, which would work just as well smile_o.gif

However, I do believe that there are 100 round 5.56 mags allready in JAM, and if you have the coding know how, you can make a weapon use the 100 round mag as a "substitiute" C-mag, which would work just as well smile_o.gif

There is no such magazine in JAM...

Great addon.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me that the next step is get JAM-compatible versions of some of the most common weapons that weren't in the original game but instead made by addonmakers, in particular the M249 SAW, M240, RPK-47, RPK-74, and all those special operations M4s.

These seem like pretty easy conversions to make. Have they been made already and I just missed them somewhere?

Otherwise, I imagine the updated west weapons are in the BAS pipeline with the Ranger update; I hope Kegetys would update his RPKs to make them compatible as well.

Any word on a JAM compliant HK pack? I've tried contacting the Lost Brothers, but no success...

LB is planning on making whatever weapons come out JAM compliant. No comment on reworking earlier works for the time being.

Any word on a JAM compliant HK pack? I've tried contacting the Lost Brothers, but no success...

LB is planning on making whatever weapons come out JAM compliant. No comment on reworking earlier works for the time being.

Well, if they give a definite no, I might (with their permissions of course) have a try at updating the pack myself...no guarantees though. wink_o.gif

[P.S. If I do get permission, I might get someone with some O2/texturing experience to look into the LOD problems some of the weapons (SL-8) have]

There is no such magazine in JAM...

My bad, I thought you'd included the 100 round mag for the 249, oh well...

What I said originally and whay you said; "there aint one in JAM"

sorry sad_o.gif

Something I would like to see in the next update, a flare pistol that is similar to ones in FDF mod and Winter Nogojev addon (one mag has 5 flares). A flare pistol would more practical than flares for grenade launcher.

Try to shoot a flare at a person ( crazy_o.gifINGAME crazy_o.gif ) 2 hits --> kill...

Try to shoot a flare at a person ( crazy_o.gifINGAME  crazy_o.gif ) 2 hits --> kill...

Shouldn't be hard to remove that "feature", what I meant it would be nice to see a flare pistol with more than 4 flares.

Try to shoot a flare at a person ( crazy_o.gifINGAME  crazy_o.gif ) 2 hits --> kill...

Shouldn't be hard to remove that "feature", what I meant it would be nice to see a flare pistol with more than 4 flares.

Why remove that feature? Its very realistical.

That flare is burning at a VERY hight temperature. and if you would hit someone with it, i´m sure 2 hits will give him so much pain, that he would be combat inavactive.

I can now confirm that the Nam Pack II will NOT I repeat will NOT be re-coded to use JAM.

This is because of the current availability of the nam pack, and if it was recoded, every nam pack mission would have to be updated to JAMmed Nam Pack Status.

Therefore, SelectThis has reluctantly made the "official" decision that the Nam Pack II will NOT be updated with JAM.

He would have liked to, but the problems that it would cause, and the time it would take far outweighed the gains it would make.

Sorry guys, but thats the way the cookie crumbles  sad_o.gif

I can now confirm that the Nam Pack II will NOT I repeat will NOT be re-coded to use JAM.

This is because of the current availability of the nam pack, and if it was recoded, every nam pack mission would have to be updated to JAMmed Nam Pack Status.

Therefore, SelectThis has reluctantly made the "official" decision that the Nam Pack II will NOT be updated with JAM.

He would have liked to, but the problems that it would cause, and the time it would take far outweighed the gains it would make.

Sorry guys, but thats the way the cookie crumbles  sad_o.gif

Why can't this be done as NAM Pack 3, with clear installation instructions that it cannot be run simultaneously with SNP2? (Just like SNP1 and SNP2 couldn't co-exist).

Besides JAM, I'm sure that there are fixes and improvements we'd all like to see in the addons and in Ia Drang Island.

As for the missions, I'm sure that SNP3 will attract the community's attention to create new missions as well as "upgrade" existing quality missions to be SNP3 compatible.

The "official" word is that IF the SEB team ever did do Nam Pack III they would implement a lot of the JAM features into the pack, but they would not actually use JAM.

The reason being that they are keen to keep the Nam Pack II missions compatible with any possible future incarnations of the Nam Pack.

The reason there is no compatability between Nam Pack I and Nam Pack II is because of the sheer jump in technologies. From pre-O2 to the post-O2 world, there were so many new posibilities, that to keep Nam Pack I and Nam Pack II compatible would have been practically impossible.

However, as I have allready said, the SEB team are keen to keep any future versions of the Nam Pack backwards compatible. So although they would like to use JAM, a "new" nam version would have to be made.

This only occurs because of the complex coding of JAM, and the way it interacts with the Addon. It would be possible for the SEB team to re-code the Nam Pack II to work just like JAM, however, it would not be JAM compatible.

@9mm, as the C-mag has never been officially deployed as an operational weapon system it will not be coded specifically into JAM.

What about an MG36?

The "official" word is that IF the SEB team ever did do Nam Pack III they would implement a lot of the JAM features into the pack, but they would not actually use JAM.

OK.

Go ahead. smile_o.gif

Ok, I searched the boards and came up with nothing.  Too bad you can't search individual topics (Like the Blackhawks one, which is over 50 pages long!)

Is Laser planning on making his Russian GRU SpetzNatz/Naval Inf pack JAM compliant?  I wrote a script that automatically replaces the weapons using the typeOf command for the Naval Infantry (but not the GRU SpetzNatz) and BIS Crew and Pilots with JAM weapons. I'll release it if he has no plans to do this.

That would be nice, especially if you think about Earl and Suchey's mod, their weapons will be JAM, and the East units looks very promissing, I can see this worcking very well with Lasers units too.

Just imagine...

BAS: Deltas, Rangers, Seals, SOAR pilots, plus all the revel and East units they are worcking on.

E&S: USMC, Russian Naval infantry, maybe Spetsnazs.

Laser:Spetsnazs, Naval infantry.(If they become JAM)

What ellse, what ellse? ...

What ellse we need?

I love JAM, not just the one in the jar. biggrin_o.gif