Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

Pst! 1.92beta is out!

At the first try everything worked fine, now i started again and there it was again the cannot create 3d devide thingy sad_o.gif

Im using a ATI 9500Pro so the memory shouldnt be the prob.

Could it be that the patch makes OFP run smoother?

I checked a few mission that were a bit laggy with high sky and retextured islands and now it seem to run much smoother.

I am still gettin cannot create 3D Device error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY.

And no it is not a problem with my video card, it worked fine untill i installed several addons yesterday

You are running out of memory simple as that I think. What kinda card are you using?

I do think that I have gotten a slight performance increase, hell, even a major increase. It feels like I can have 1 Terrain detail setting higher and it works at least as fast as before smile_o.gif I can´t be 100% sure since I´ve never counted my FPS though, always a possibility that it´s psychological wink_o.gif

And I can run all my mod folders, including OFP about 1,7 gigs with 100s of files, and I´m not getting any errors and as I said a performance increase smile_o.gif

Oh and I´m using a Radeon 8500, 1ghz AMD TB, 256 megs memory...

And no it is not a problem with my video card, it worked fine untill i installed several addons yesterday

i´ve had the same problem... crazy_o.gif

so try to cut out the O.pbo in your res/addons and paste it into the standard addon folder...

it worked for me  rock.gif

btw: when i try to install the 1.92 patch a display appears which says mad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.  

Hmmm, when running the 1.92 version my middle mouse button doesn't work anymore (I can't seem to click with my scroll button anymore). I have a Logitech MX500.

Anyway, thanks for the patch.

Arch.

I recently noticed that BIS-addons are only required in ofp\res\addons not \ofp\addons.

I've never had a single memory-map error and my game went alot smoother after i only had bis' addons in only the res\addons folder, while I have all the user-made addons in \ofp\addons-folder.

Sorry, if this is old news smile_o.gif

You are running out of memory simple as that I think. What kinda card are you using?

Radeon 8500 64 Mb and I have 768 RAM (500 free)

I recently noticed that BIS-addons are only required in ofp\res\addons not \ofp\addons.

I've never had a single memory-map error and my game went alot smoother after i only had bis' addons in only the res\addons folder, while I have all the user-made addons in \ofp\addons-folder.

Sorry, if this is old news smile_o.gif

thx sounds interesting to me... i´ll try it asap  rock.gif

Were any files changed in 1.92?

No, no file changed, only one file added: the new executable.

BTW: I didn't start the patch in the ofp folder and it worked nevertheless.

You get the "Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted." error message when either ofp is not in the location specified in the registry or... well, when your installation is corrupt wink_o.gif

Regarding addons folder: you don't need those addons as they are overlaid by those from the resistance folder. Same should be true for all other files in the res folder, eg res\bin\config.bin replaces bin\config.bin, so you should be able to delete those other files too (as long as you don't want to start the cwc exe anymore)....

A minor glitch in the in-game-browser.

For missions reporting the time left, this is overwritten by the mod information, e.g

15 min lef (the last 't' have also been cut off)

RES;fdfmod

all written on one single row making it a bit hard to read.

This was with different 1.92 servers in the 1.92 client.

//TH

To be more precise, the mod folders the SERVER uses are written in the ingame browser. Well, to each his own i guess, but i don't understand why server should need modfolders at all... I don't use any as i want to be able to use all addons on my server, else i wouldn't have installed them in the first place wink_o.gif

so try to cut out the O.pbo in your res/addons and paste it into the standard addon folder...

btw: when i try to install the 1.92 patch a display appears which says mad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

My 2 cents :

Lots of ppl seem to have moved the Res\AddOns\O.pbo to a different Addons file so they didnt get the memory map problem...maybe u need to put it back in original place before upgrading to 1.92beta? Cos i take 1.92Beta checks your Res install before upgrading...and it doesnt find the O.pbo = Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted....Could it be that?

My 2 cents :

Lots of ppl seem to have moved the Res\AddOns\O.pbo to a different Addons file so they didnt get the memory map problem...maybe u need to put it back in original place before upgrading to 1.92beta? Cos i take 1.92Beta checks your Res install before upgrading...and it doesnt find the O.pbo = Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted....Could it be that?

ok i tried to put the o.pbo back to my res/addons folder and corrected the path to my flashpoint in the registry but i´ve got the same as before rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

i´ve modified my res/data.pbo (blood addon) but i hope that´s not the reason for the error message...  sad_o.gif

I don't know which files are checked, but one patch refused to be installed cause i renamed some official missions, so i guess your data.pbo could be the problem...

As it is only a new executable (~1,3mb when packed), you can always ask someone to send it to you via icq/mail if the patch doesn't work...

I don't know which files are checked, but one patch refused to be installed cause i renamed some official missions, so i guess your data.pbo could be the problem...

As it is only a new executable (~1,3mb when packed), you can always ask someone to send it to you via icq/mail if the patch doesn't work...

benu you are my hero... biggrin_o.gif  you saved my day/night  rock.gif

Where is Mr Frag´s "1.92" thread gone ?

Now i assume the special feature wasn´t intentional..

is talking about it a nono now ?

Hmmm, when running the 1.92 version my middle mouse button doesn't work anymore (I can't seem to click with my scroll button anymore). I have a Logitech MX500.  

Arch.

This happens to me also (same mouse... good, innit?) but the problem is not 1.92, but Logitech and their shite drivers.

If you alt-tab out then go back into OFP, and keep doing that eventually you'll be able to use it again.

Failing that, ctrl+alt+del and then end the "EM_EXEC" process. Then go into control panel and then open mouse. Then close the window.

Failing that, restart.

Failing that, pray that Logitech hires some decent programmers.

Gameer

Sorry to hear that drewb99.
Quote[/b] ]1.92  - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP

What does -mod mean?

Doolittle

I think this has to do with this error..

error1.jpg

It seems our server started running checkfiles on mod folders now.

Arch.

This happens to me also (same mouse... good, innit?) but the problem is not 1.92, but Logitech and their shite drivers.

If you alt-tab out then go back into OFP, and keep doing that eventually you'll be able to use it again.

Failing that, ctrl+alt+del and then end the "EM_EXEC" process. Then go into control panel and then open mouse. Then close the window.

Failing that, restart.

Failing that, pray that Logitech hires some decent programmers.

Gameer

Hmm, I will try that out. Thanks for the tip.

Arch.

damnit...must be a really serious issue with that "feature" if mods delete posts where it´s called.

damnit...must be a really serious issue with that "feature" if mods delete posts where it´s called.

BIS does not want cracks and hacks and no-cd's (and hereby OFP's copy-protection) discussed on this board. smile_o.gif