Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Operation flashpoint is freezing for a while every

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint is freezing for a while every 5-10sec. I have Geforce XX and the newest drivers.

A: You must uncheck in D3D settings "Enable alternate depth buffering technique".

Where can I find it?

Right click on desktop >Properties >Settings >Advanced > Geforce bookmark >Additional Properties > Direct3d setting.

This was written by Suma in Troubleshooting FAQ forum.

The problem is - I cannot find "enable alternate depth buffering technique" anywhere in options. Ive tried everything but couldnt find it. ANyone can help me out ? I have the latest detonator drivers. If you find it, could you post a screen shot ?

The Control Panel layout for the Detonator drivers gets changed quite a bit, and without knowing the version that you currently have, it is hard to tell whether the option is there or not, or how the panel looks. Older Detonators used tabs, the newer one a sort of tree that slides out to the left.

There are also some items that will only be accessible if you have the Coolbits registry entries:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

Add the following DWORD values:

"Coolbits" = dword:FFFFFFFF

"NvCplEnableHardwarePage" = dword:00000001

"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage" = dword:00000001

You must reboot your computer for these changes to take effect.

The best thing to do is probably to download RivaTuner from a place such as Guru3D and using that to tweak / configure your video card and Detonator drivers.