Sign in to follow this  
jagernutt

Better damage model?

How about shooting tires from cars,trucks and cutting tracks on tanks,radiator,engine and other parts destroyable?

How about shooting tires from cars,trucks and cutting tracks on tanks,radiator,engine and other parts destroyable?

Well I think that the best way on how BI would have to do this is to make us create damage selections on the models. When this selection is attacked and gets damaged we could sawp it with another model or just change the textures ,etc ...

i wouldnt mind seeing the rifles/machine guns being able to kill tanks sorted (fire for long enough and even a supresed Glock can! granted it will take a looong time)

I think the damage models are pretty good at the moment, they are not the most pressing feature for improvement in OFP2.

Offtopic: I think that a modern MBT versus a suppressed Glock would make an interesting experiment!!

Theres nothing wrong with the damage vs infantry weapons now, it takes so long and so much ammo its not like you could to it to a manned tank. IMO if you fired off the same amount at a real tank you'd damage it eventually.

I dont think I would waste my time shooting at a m1a2 abrams with a m249 saw I would much rather use a satchel charge! I don't think some people realize that on the game you can actually pop tires on jeeps and trucks. It is very annoying if you hit a tree and pop your tire. It would be great if you could put a new tire on instead of walking the 5 miles back to camp.

Damage model is pretty good? rock.gif

I don't think so. Armors should be more vulnerable from behind, still you could not harm MBT with machine gun (except very lucky shot to optics etc.) even satchel granade and most light AT-weapons are useless against modern MBT like Abrams or T-80. This ain't WWII anymore. biggrin_o.gif In OFP it doesn't matter where you're hitting (front, back or turret armor) tank always need almost same amount of hits and this sucks! Everybody knows tank frontal armor is much better than rear... What we really need is better damage model: imagine yould could shot to the track and immobilize tank or deactivate coaxial MG or you NEED TO go around and fire AT-weapon to back armor. If you hit frontal armor with light weapon shot will bounce off and there should be no damage at all !!! I don't care much about car damage models - they are pretty decent even now. Sure hit to the radiator would be a cool effect. wow_o.gif

El Savior

I was in a bit of hurry when i wrote that first line. sad_o.gif

I didn't mean that u could use rifles&mg to pop tracks off tanks but when hit with law&rpg on side of a tank,if hit at the right point it could cut off tracks making moving more sluggish.

You could still move but it would turn to the side that's missing the track.If u loose both tracks it would go straight and turning would be almost impossible and the speed was cut to 2-5 mph.

Your right on hitting trees and getting slowdown with cars.

My fault... smile_o.gif

yep, and i guess you are going to mention how you can shoot wings off and so forth... would be interesting to see in OFP i agree, just wonder how feasable it is

I would like to be able to climb on top of a stopped tank and plant a charge on the engine deck or top of the turret.