Sign in to follow this  
Montanaro

Which would you most like to see improved/added

Which would you like to see improved or added the most?  I think I would have to go with the better AI.  I'm sick of mowing down rambo wannabes. Real artillery would be great. You could operate the artillery by using a map were you select the area you want to fire on making it possible for you to call in a fire missions in MP. The ai could use the the artillery too like if one ai sees you the artillery guys will know the general area you are in and start pounding away.

I voted for more gunner points.

but all are good, but if they improve the AI i hope they dont make so a soldier can gives you a bullet through the head 300m away with an AK (single shot mode, 1shot)

edit: maybe less accurate weapons depending on weapon.

Better CQB.

Right now, you are default zooming. Your field of view is soooo small. And out of personal opinion, it would be cool to have an option to lock your head and shoulders. That way you can see where you are turning right away.

Kind of CS'ish I know, but for myself it made it so much better to fight in close quarters.

Can't remember the terminology but I'd love to see an advanced bullet damage system, whereby you shoot a house and chunks of brick and dust come off, you keep shooting and more masonry comes off, eventually the building is damaged in such a way part of a wall falls down or whatever smile_o.gif

Can't remember the terminology but I'd love to see an advanced bullet damage system, whereby you shoot a house and chunks of brick and dust come off, you keep shooting and more masonry comes off, eventually the building is damaged in such a way part of a wall falls down or whatever smile_o.gif

That would be simply amazing... but I cannot even imagine how difficult it would be to code, and then implement in the models!

That would be simply amazing... but I cannot even imagine how difficult it would be to code, and then implement in the models!

That would be neat. smile_o.gif

All of the above. But Arty would have to be done right. It'd be real easy to make the artillery too effective, thus taking he fun out of the game. I think the best way would be to limt who can call in a firemission. Like only a squad leader, if his squad has a radio; or create a new unit, the forward observer,who would call for support. That would be truley awsome.

That type of system would be awesome Placebo, but untill I see something like that working I"m going for multiple guns from a vehicle manned by different people.

Well I believe Soldner is supposed to have something similar to my suggestion? That's what made me think about it a while back smile_o.gif

Just looked, not quite what I thought but it's a start I guess...

tn_ADS1.jpgtn_ADS2.jpgtn_ADS3.jpgtn_ADS4.jpgtn_ADS5.jpg

I voted for improved squad control, but I think everything else was very worthy as well. My big thing about OFP right now, it that I don't have enough control over my squad. For example, I'd love to be able to tell them to spread out or get closer together, some more on-the-fly formations (staggered wedge, etc.).

I'm very happy with the way OFP works right now, so I'd consider all of these to be wishes. I'd love to see them, but they'd just be another layer of icing on the cake.

I voted for improved squad control, but I think everything else was very worthy as well. My big thing about OFP right now, it that I don't have enough control over my squad. For example, I'd love to be able to tell them to spread out or get closer together, some more on-the-fly formations (staggered wedge, etc.).

I'm very happy with the way OFP works right now, so I'd consider all of these to be wishes. I'd love to see them, but they'd just be another layer of icing on the cake.

I wish the ai would be more independant..... I don't like commanding them. blues.gif

All of the above but i would like to see it so the AI can see further at night so you can register your targets then set to open fire and watch all hell break loose as you lay down a wall of fire from 200 meters.

also id like to see more trigger happy soldiers who use suppressing and directional fire

Well, I know this has been asked for in Americas Army, and the DEVs said no.Because of the lag it would create in MP games.(I think thats what they said)

But it would be very nice. smile_o.gif

I voted for more weapons on a vehicle.Now, imagine creating something like a B-17, with all the machine guns! biggrin_o.gif

Plus Blackhawks with 2 miniguns etc.

The geomod stuff,where u could punch holes in t he groundd and some walls,from red faction would be good if applied to buildsings so would the body damae system from SOF2.

I just want an atomic bomb,a porper working shotgun and a flamethrower tounge_o.gif

i don't care if OFP's 10 GB and 50 quid!!!

if we can get OFP but with an extra "layer of icing" (thanx somebody ;) )

then it'll be brill!

also:

while looking for info in MOHAA i had a "perfect scene" in my mind:

you're hiding behind a concrete pillar and a smashed up wall

some mg42 spotted u and starts shooting you and doesn;t stop until he needs to reload/ he thinks he's got you...

but when i come to mohaa

the enemy ONLY FIRES when he sees you

i know this is the smart thing to do

but it would add atmosphere if you're REALLY pinned down

Besides multiple gunning positions and better AI, OFP 2 NEEDS much better Aircraft features for OFP 2 in order to provide the "Total Warfare Simulation" effect.

I'm not asking for an extremely complex interface for fixed-wing aircraft, but from the majority that use aircraft in OFP regularly say that the current features for OFP-R is just not enough, even for a simple simulation of aircraft.

A good example of a simple but overall good flight sim was Fighter's Anthology.  The whole flight sim environment was very simple and allowed many different aircraft to be used when playing the simple flight combat sim.

I think that improved AI is most important-  Currently, they have tactical smarts but not combat smarts.  They can flank you and use terrain to their advantage, yet they have near-perfect accuracy 100% of the time and are really, really stupid at ranges under 50m.  It'd increase the immersive factor of OFP tenfold if the AI used and responded to supressive fire effectively, and if they used cover in CQB better.

Well, lets just say if I see ONLY the same abilities for OFP-R with Aircraft in OFP 2, I'm gonna be one VERY unhappy customer buying this game.  I won't sell my copy of OFP 2, but with all the great addons like the BAS Helos and the F/A-18C pack by Hudson & Pennywise, it seems a very careless mistake to NOT improve the features used by Fixed-wing and rotary aircraft for OFP 2.  Don't forget about Anti-Aircraft defenses, those were embarassingly few in number and not very realistic in OFP, even for a conflict in 1985.

OFP 2 without improved aircraft and improved anti-aircraft features in it is NOT OFP 2, it is OFP 1.77732  crazy_o.gif

Despite OFP 2 being based with conflicts that will range from the late 1960's to the late 1970's or the begining of the 1980's, I think people will want the ability to design and use modern addons that perform much more realistic in behavior and in use in combat.

That means:

Better AI that can be manipulated more powerfully to suit the addon maker/mission designer's needs.

Ability to waypoint exact movements and behaviors in a small building or area without having to resort to object domove getpos unitpos

Better CQB combat.

More Realistic tank damage based on different armor thickness and armor type.  M1A2's can effectively take out enemy tanks at 3000 to 2000 effectively with Sabot and have a higher survival rate than most Russian type tanks.

Tanks like the Lepoard 2 and the M1A2 can take a LOT more ATGM hits from the front than allowed on OFP-R.  However, that changes if the missiles pop up and attack the top armor.

Multiple Gunning positions available.

Compartmentalized damage (Engine Fire, Magazine rack goes boom, Computer sights fail, wrecked track, engine failure)from enemy fire and airstrikes for APC's, IFV's, and MBT's.

Combat Information Situation Display for Armor CO's for commanding multiple tank platoons or an entire company of armored vehicles, ordering airstrikes, and plotting artillery strikes with it.

Slightly improving of the bullet damage handling system against people and light vehicles, possibly some changes to the medic and healing abilities and such.

A full working HUD that will highlight targets using guided weapons and tell you when you are in range to fire.  Also, a CCIP "Death Dot" needs to be made so people can effectively drop dumbbombs.

Simple countermeasure system for aircraft but are effective, it can be IR only or IR and Radar guided.   (Missile hit probably depends on aspect fired, target direction, time of countermeasure release and the propability of each one launched fooling the missile, speed of target, and if afterburner is used by target or not.

Missile Warning system for radar guided Missiles from SAM's.  Specific SAM's like the SA-6, SA-4, SA-2, SA-11 but it can fire them visually also, and the SA-10.

ECM but not really important now.

Some Realistic SAM's in OFP for a change.  Flak vehicles are reasonably okay now.

Simple component systems for aircraft(fixed and rotary), Engine 1, Engine 2, oil pressure, fuel pressure, fuel level, cockpit CPU(If that gets shot up, you have to use analog gauges and all digital systems don't work), and weapons system(Weapon system can be disabled before the cockpit CPU can).

Some Naval forces to support an invasion, maybe a carrier involved.

If they impliment these requests, I believe that OFP 2 will never have to worry about being successful and profitable.

Another aspect that has always bothered me is that Vulcans/Shilka's gunned by human players are useless without visual contact with the target. Despite the fact that these weapon systems have lead targeting computers, targets quickly get out of sight due to the relatively small viewdistance. AI controlled gunners of vulcan/shilka's, on the other hand, do no seem to suffer from aiming beyond viewdistance.

I say, at least make the lead targeting computer functional in imilar units.

I voted for an Artillery system but i guess you already knew that by my sig tounge_o.gif

But, what i really want is: "All re-arm at building 12 O'clock" and then your whole squad goes and maxes out the ammo for whatever weapon they are carrying blues.gif

fixed wing air to air combat come on it cant be that hard just have the ability to roll and loop a different hud when in plane eg targets locked you get a red square around them chaff/flare dispensers and a missile warning system along with SAMS to warn against. better handling on planes and Helicopters air to air combat and sidewinders etc

fixed wing support will be essential in the vietnam campaign imagine...fighter bomber napalm strikes, B52 arclight missions cobra gunships hueys air to air combat against the vietnamese air force theyll have to make better aircraft simulation

Suppressing fire by AI soldiers and APCs smoke bombs CQB theyll all make OFP2 the best game ever i know BIS can do it theyre halfway there with OFP:R t