Sign in to follow this  
RaNg3R

Helo parachuting

Should be able to have the option of parachuting from a Huey etc. It can be done in real life (not for pilots)

It used to be done in Ranger Training. The rotor blast will open a chute. I've seen it done

Yeah you can already do this....to bad the gunner on a chinook in ofp cant bail out...poor sucker. sad_o.gif

well, maybe improve it? like move into the back of the chopper and jump out

like I have already suggest, a parachute should be an option, like you could go into a chopper or plane without a parachute but with something else in your backpack, it all could be set before getting into the mission or you go to the armory or tent and make the demand for one and like that you could change the stuff you have on you in game wink_o.gif

I think the parachuting from helicopters is fine now. I just hope they can make it when you order your guys to eject that they all go out in order instead of all one big bunch and end up crashing into each other crazy_o.gif It would also be cool if we could walk around inside planes and choppers and so forth and like when you are in the air in a c130 or something with your squad you can lower the taildoor and walk out and then just fall and when you want to, open your parachute. that way you can do HALOs

A parachute should be necessary for jumping. The parachute should take half of the space of your inventory and be for single use only! That would make it a lot more realistic.

If you have your chopper loaded with fully equipped soldiers prepared for an landing insertion your only chance to survive an engine failure should be an auto rotation landing - just like the real deal...

why should it take up inventory slots?!? it doesnt go in your ammo pouches you know!

why should it take up inventory slots?!? it doesnt go in your ammo pouches you know!

well what we mean is that BIS create new slots! like, had slots for your backpack and theyre you can set up for adding a parachute, radio or any other equipement

Having a parachute take up inventory slots, even the ancilliary equipment slots you suggest Spy17, is stupid. The parachute will only get used once at the start of a mission, then for the rest of the time you will be without items you might need, like binoculars or satcom. A paratrooper would normally take as much if not more equipment, particularly if he is spec ops, than normal lorry borne infantry.

well a parachute could be use somewhere else then at the start (otherwise it's gonna be boring if you can only use it at the start)

it would be an option that only you decide if you want it or not and it could be use anywhere during the mission/campaign

Maybe just have some "overburdened" slots where your speed is impeded and you exhaust quicker while they are full. This would mean you can stagger over to the helicopter and dump it after you land again. It would also be useful for weapon salvage operations where you have to load up trucks with dead soldiers' weapons - you could stagger under the weight of 3 extra rifles over to the truck.

The gun idea has been mentioned before but I reckon it fits right in with this parachute dilemma.

Maybe just have some "overburdened" slots where your speed is impeded and you exhaust quicker while they are full.  This would mean you can stagger over to the helicopter and dump it after you land again.  It would also be useful for weapon salvage operations where you have to load up trucks with dead soldiers' weapons - you could stagger under the weight of 3 extra rifles over to the truck.

The gun idea has been mentioned before but I reckon it fits right in with this parachute dilemma.

Good idea!! I didn't mean you couldn't use the parachute anywhere apart from the beginning I was merely assuming that you would just insert by parachute then complete your mission.

Maybe just have some "overburdened" slots where your speed is impeded and you exhaust quicker while they are full.  This would mean you can stagger over to the helicopter and dump it after you land again.  It would also be useful for weapon salvage operations where you have to load up trucks with dead soldiers' weapons - you could stagger under the weight of 3 extra rifles over to the truck.

Good idea!! I didn't mean you couldn't use the parachute anywhere apart from the beginning I was merely assuming that you would just insert by parachute then complete your mission.

well the parachute could also be not use during the mission, like if your not sure you'll actully land because you do not really trust the pilot, you could take one if it's available and finally finish the mission without using it smile_o.gif

they would need a "waddle" animation for when they try to move with all their kit + parachute tounge_o.gif

seriously though, most likely they would leave it behind if they didnt need it for the above reason

Bis could make the parachute an option in the mission editor so if you want to do a realistic mission you can drop the parachute after using it. But there will be an option of using the parachute all you want and it doesn't effect your movement like say you are playing a MP game with your friends and your doing stunts in a plane or trying to parachute onto a building.

I dont really care about weapon slots the important thing is that bis HAVE to have para insertions out of C-130s with like a company of troops being dropped and taking a town you could have it like in A:A where you can steer the parachute and you stand by the door waiting for a green light then you watch your stick go out. come to it you could have a seperate campaign for paratroops where you go through P company

if we get " walking around planes" like we all want

then you could dump you para in the corner and rush to it when your going down...

actually, makes me think of para camping now!