Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Mi-28 havoc 1.0

no problems for me and i have all kinds of different mods running with it. just one script loading error during the demo mission crazy_o.gif

also, to DKM, how can the SOS radio be utilized? can an AI chopper really pick you up?

I noticed a bug it occured with the demo mission

once you choose the weapon system tutorial and get in as gunner there is an error message that appears.

I get the same thing.

script \dkmm_mi28\scripts\dkmm_animations.sqs not found

The SOS radio is ment for MP mainly. If yyou are downed and use it every player on your side will see the SOS call of your radio.

For the Demo mission: I will check, possibly I oversaw again something.....

would it be possible for the radio to work in sp? have it call an AI chopper to your location to pick you up, then return to a set point on the map? kinda like how BAS got the new blackhawks to work? tounge_o.gif (not talkin down to DKM, or comparing DKM's and BAS's abilties, both make excellent addons) biggrin_o.gif

That sounds like an excellent idea. And maybe have the "picking up" chopper be another Mi-28 (it has the two cargo "seats" and I presume they are intended to be used for transporting downed pilots) Perhaps you could make a script that reacts to if there is another Mi-28 placed in the mission (without waypoints etc.) And then when you use the SOS radio the other one comes to pick you up.

Another thing I found wich I am not sure of if it is a bug or a OFP engine thing was the FFAR's coming out of the AT9 tubes. It looks kinda funky but doesn't really matter.

Very nice job DKM team, I am gonna try to make a CSAR mission featuring this baby now smile_o.gif

It would be awsome if the sos radar could be able to call the nearest helo that can carry people, whether it be the mi28, or hind or hip.

Maybe use a mission script where the specific helo that can pick you up is already placed, if needed. I guess that would be easier.

It would be cool to get picked up in a hind after crashing, then getting the hind to smash and destroy tha bastards that shot your mi28 down on the way home biggrin_o.gif

Hmm. I think I might have found a bug. It's a bit strange really. I set up a convoy of West vehicles moving slowly towards the main airbase on Nogova, and then placed a small recon group of East soldiers (with me amongst them) to watch the direction that the convoy came from. Then I placed an Mi-28 a few km away on a guard waypoint. The idea was that the soldiers would call in the helo for support when they spotted the convoy and I would watch the show. However the helo would never arrive, so after several attempts I repositioned myself to stand next to it to see if it took off or not. It didn't. It went through the startup procedure (turbo sounds, smoke from exhaust etc) but then it just went silent and the rotors didn't begin turning. I tried it several times but it never took off. Then I tried becoming the gunner and for some reason it worked. No idea what's going on here. I think it may possibly be some kind of issue with the AI thinking it's still of of fuel even when the fuel level goes back to full, and thus it thinks it can't take off when in fact it can. Hopefully with the info above someone can reasonably replicate what I did and see if it happens to them.

Apart from that strange problem, this is one badass chopper. Western armour had better be a little more wary now these beasts are patrolling the skies. smile_o.gif

Edit: typo.

oh yea! this chopper is very powerful. Until this addon came out, I never knew a FFAR could disable armor in 2 shots. I always thought it took more than that. These Havocs can carry a huge load of these ffars, so if used with skill, you can destroy ALOT of armor

smile_o.gif and yet those ffars are exactly the same as all other ffars in the game, the difference is that you now can be less waistfull with them and make them hit first time.

we will look into the ai not taking off problem.

in the meantime you can disable the startup sequence by putting:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DKMM_thiss_shortstart = true

in the init field

smile_o.gif and yet those ffars are exactly the same as all other ffars in the game, the difference is that you now can be less waistfull with them and make them hit first time.

i never really used them before, thought-unguided? USELESS!

but now, you get so damn many of them, its fun to take out alot of armor with them now

i was playing around in the editor and destroyed about 20 or so m1a1s with the havoc biggrin_o.gif

just because i have a low postcount, doesnt mean i havent been playing ofp for the last 2 years. but man this ffar thing is ridiculous - just realized the destructive power of even the -MI-17- wow_o.gif

I get the same thing.

script \dkmm_mi28\scripts\dkmm_animations.sqs not found

yea i get that problem too!

btw way what would that do?

I think I might have found a bug. I repositioned myself to stand next to it to see if it took off or not. It didn't. It went through the startup procedure (turbo sounds, smoke from exhaust etc) but then it just went silent and the rotors didn't begin turning.

Same here.

I think I might have found a bug. I repositioned myself to stand next to it to see if it took off or not. It didn't. It went through the startup procedure (turbo sounds, smoke from exhaust etc) but then it just went silent and the rotors didn't begin turning.

Same here.

what if you press Q again

(...) It didn't. It went through the startup procedure (turbo sounds, smoke from exhaust etc) but then it just went silent and the rotors didn't begin turning. I tried it several times but it never took off. Then I tried becoming the gunner and for some reason it worked. No idea what's going on here. I think it may possibly be some kind of issue with the AI thinking it's still of of fuel even when the fuel level goes back to full, and thus it thinks it can't take off when in fact it can. Hopefully with the info above someone can reasonably replicate what I did and see if it happens to them.

(...)

I had exactly the same problem with mine Hughes 500D (which was released recently). As you've told - it's because AI thinks that chopper is out of fuel, and it's trying to engage engines continously, or just reporting 'out of fuel' status and didn't trying to startup engines again. Simplifing startup procedure a lot (ripping off the 'remove fuel' part from the alternative startup script used by AI) was the solution.

Similar things happened in mine H500, when startup engines key (Q) was pressed down and holded while time acceleration was enabled - startup procedure was started but engines were never engaged - I've shortened time when chopper is out of fuel and it solved mine problem...

you can disable the startup sequence by putting:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DKMM_thiss_shortstart = true

in the init field

Txs, AI takes off nicely like this smile_o.gif

Another Bug report:

1. OFP's M163 Vulcan are not firing at the havoc. I flew right before them, but they did not fire at me.

They do recognize me, as I tried as driver in Vulcan, but they just don't fire.

2. The engine startup sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.

Great job, DKM strikes again smile_o.gif

I have one quesion though...

Is this helo made engagable by machine guners?

Or is it just me?

Well, everytime I press preview in the editor it starts loading then OFP crashes to desktop.

Oh well. Too lazy to read back 7 pages.

Well, everytime I press preview in the editor it starts loading then OFP crashes to desktop.

Oh well. Too lazy to read back 7 pages.

Die.