Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Mi-28 havoc 1.0

Probably the greatest rotary-wing addon so far! Could the RWR-display be implemented on fixed-wing aircrafts?

I guess I know how cannon pods were done... The tracers are just remodeled rockets that fly very fast, right? I wonder why no-one has done that with the WW2 planes!

Now all we need is a new AH-64D Longbow pack, but I guess BAS is bound to make one anytime soon!

Now all we need is a new AH-64D Longbow pack, but I guess BAS is bound to make one anytime soon!

what makes you think that

I was just thinking about that crash safe cell thing. I have only survived one crash out of god knows how many, and then my pilot died on me. What do you have to do for it to be more effective? Any recommended speed's and or altitudes? And a final question can I add something to the initline that gives the chopper that tail rotor malfunction without it being damaged?

Great chopper by the way. Great job DKM!

Probably the greatest rotary-wing addon so far! Could the RWR-display be implemented on fixed-wing aircrafts?

I guess I know how cannon pods were done... The tracers are just remodeled rockets that fly very fast, right? I wonder why no-one has done that with the WW2 planes!

DKMmmmmmm. biggrin_o.gif

On the RWR, yep. Without looking at the DKM code, I

would think they calculate the angles to the launcher, and

then light up the appropriate warning light around the plan

view of the plane.

Right now, I know of two mehtods of 'simulating' cannons. You

can either kludge the rockets (see my Sturmovik and MiG-17)

or you can grab and move each bullet (see Trenchfeet's

Mustang). No doubt DKM have a better way than either of

these, perfectionists that they are.

Very nice addon, thanks to everyone involved!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I was just thinking about that crash safe cell thing. I have only survived one crash out of god knows how many, and then my pilot died on me. What do you have to do for it to be more effective? Any recommended speed's and or altitudes? And a final question can I add something to the initline that gives the chopper that tail rotor malfunction without it being damaged?

Great chopper by the way. Great job DKM!

i only die when the mi28 switchs to the wreck model crazy_o.gif

if it wouldnt switch i'd survive

The crash resistant cell has a limit, but when you impact with 70-80 kph you should still survive it. I am aware of the fact that this crashcell script could be much improved, but that would cost some more cpu power (and I havent found a real good and working method yet).

Keep in mind that the crashcell would only work when rotors are turned off (damage over 0.9). If you want to test the crashcell you can of course also turn of rotors manually.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(_this) exec "\dkmm_mi28_controls\scripts\dkmm_tailrotor.sqs"

will start the tailrotor fail script (attention that script runs only as long as rotors are turning.

The RWR could be implemented into every other addon aswell, is no big deal.

we will release an improoved controls pbo as soon as possible on that matter.

Due to the very complex nature of this addon, it is impossible for us to check under all conditions if the addon doesnt conflict in any way with other addons.

The most likely reason for CTD's occuring is a conflict with some other (scripted) addon.

We have to rely on feedback of people that are experiencing problems to tackle the conflicts.

So, if any of you, having problems, is willing to find out for us which addon is making the havoc ctd or in any way behave erratic, we would appreciate it.

The method of finding the conflicting addon is:

rename all NON-BIS addons in your addons folders from *.pbo to *.pbx , except for the dkmm_mi28.pbo and dkmm_mi28_controls.pbo (this disables the pbo for ofp).

Start ofp and check if the havoc runs normal.

if so, close ofp and rename the pbx files back to pbo, one at a time, and check if the havoc still runs fine.

when the conflicting pbo is reactivated, the havoc problems will reoccur. We would like to know what the conflicting addon name is, so we can investifate it and eliminate the problem.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Carnage

*edit* p.s. we made a tool some months ago that helps you manage addons, it can disable all non-BIS addons with a single click, grab it here

we will release an improoved controls pbo as soon as possible on that matter.

Due to the very complex nature of this addon, it is impossible for us to check under all conditions if the addon doesnt conflict in any way with other addons.

The most likely reason for CTD's occuring is a conflict with some other (scripted) addon.

We have to rely on feedback of people that are experiencing problems to tackle the conflicts.

So, if any of you, having problems, is willing to find out for us which addon is making the havoc ctd or in any way behave erratic, we would appreciate it.

The method of finding the conflicting addon is:

rename all NON-BIS addons in your addons folders from *.pbo to *.pbx , except for the dkmm_mi28.pbo (this disables the pbo for ofp).

Start ofp and check if the havoc runs normal.

if so, close ofp and rename the pbx files back to pbo, one at a time, and check if the havoc still runs fine.

when the conflicting pbo is reactivated, the havoc problems will reoccur. We would like to know what the conflicting addon name is, so we can investifate it and eliminate the problem.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Carnage

hehe, this could take years.... maaaaaany addons I have unclesam.gif

@2A42: at least the ammocount is not a bug, since you have a total of 10 S-13 onboard 4x S-13D and 6x S-13T. So that is in order. But thnx for the missing texture pics.

see my earlier reply on behalf of havoc ctd'ing... it is most likely caused by conflicting third party addons.

I'm having some issues with the Mi28.

When I add it to a mission and put it on my dedicated server, then the server crashes almost immediately when the mission is launched. It never gets past the Receiving screen.

I also put it into RTS and when someone builds one it crashes the server immediately.

The missions work fine when I try it on my machine locally.

Also, I noticed that on your website in the downloads section, you don't list the Mi28 1.0, but still have the beta there. I have to go to the News archives to find the link.

Sorry,

Windows 1.92 dedicated.

Pennywise from Radishville said that it's crashing on their Linux server as well.

The particular Mi28 that I had in the mission is the Mi28-N (Gunpods).

I have had issues with the MI28 on the linux server.  However, I havent looked that much into it.  Im eager to get these bad boys working though.

I did some testing. I created a map on Desert Island with only the player and an AI soldier and one Mi28.

All of the Mi28's worked fine on the dedicated server except the Mi28N (Gunpods).

All of the others performed flawlessly.

There must be something in a script in the init of the Gunpods version. I love that version of the chopper, so I hope you can get it working.

The only error I got was a generic "Memory could not be read" error on the server, btw. There was also no useful info in the flashpoint.rpt file.

Are you able to confirm that the Mi28-N (Gunpods) is crashing other dedicated servers?

Must be some script that is unique to that chopper.

Have I missed an update? I only have MI-28(N), no gunpods or anything...

Have I missed an update? I only have MI-28(N), no gunpods or anything...

Yep, in that case you missed V1.00 completly smile_o.gif

@KaRRiLLioN: No, I couldn't check it yet and if I remember right, all versions (A and N) use the same scripts, so the problem should occure on all versions.

Just downloaded it again from the DKM site and still the same! Where is a download link? Have you fixed the AI not taking off thing too? Cant believe I missed an update to my favourite (or least favourite, depending on what end of the gun you are on...) helicopter!

Grab it here..

That is the manual for it.

And also the demomission.

We know about our outdated download archive, we are working allready on a solution for it.

The AI might still cause some problems in this version, but that issue will be fixed in the upcoming update.