Sign in to follow this  
lonesoldier

D a v i d i a n

Rightio. Is been a while since i last updated the BETA of it, but its FINALLY at the next, and hopefully last BETA stage.

Straight to the good stuff:

For those who never played the earlier BETA's:

Terrorist group "Davidian" has risen up again, and has taken 2 hostages ou to a shoreside abandoned house. The player is an operative from the "ATCO(Anti-Terrorist Coalition)", and must save both hostages from the Davidians.

The mission isnt rainbow-six-hostage-rescue-style-realism, its has more of a horror theme to it. Which i like better than pure realism.

Updates/changes since last BETA(that i can remember):

*Health Bar now works fine

*Intro Cutscene by O'Neal Ryan

*Fixed bugs saying that a certain sound cannot be found

*Added Dialog Box, with Kit Selection

*Added a cool fog script by HomerJohnston

*Moved some objects around, and changed the graveyard area a fair bit

*Can't remember the rest tounge_o.gif

Kown Bugs/issues:

*The area in the intro is slightly different to the area in the actual mission. Unfixable without creating the intro again.

*That's all i THINK.

Addons Needed:

*BAS Delta Rangers

*Kegetys Editor Update

*ASF Resistance Terrorists

=====

Blah blah...

The mission can be found at my Website HERE, along with a screenshot in the Screenshots/Pictures section.

Feedback is essential.

Sorry about the large file size...  sad_o.gif

Any suggestions are welcome. There is also one button that has no function in the Dialog Box, i need some suggestions on what i could make it useful for.  tounge_o.gif

Thanks guys. smile_o.gif

HEALTH WARNING: If you daily use heart medication, suffer from paranoid skitzofrenia or other mental &physical illnesses, consult your doctor before playing this mission... It's that scary! biggrin_o.gif

The picture links don't work for me... rock.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Would like to try your mission LoneSoldier....can't seem to access your link.? Also could you point the way to "ASF res terrorists". Thanks . smile_o.gif

Sorry guys.

Ok, firstly, Bosun, the ASF Resistance Terrorists can be found in my first post now. Ive put a link there in the Addons Needed list.

Secondly - The Frenchman - Dont select any files in the RAR, just click extract, and extract them to your Flashpoint/Users/Yourname/Missions directory.

It should automatically be in a folder called Davidian.Eden.

As for the screenshots not working... I have no idea why, sorry. I just tried the links for them too and they dont work sad_o.gif

Hmmm... ok. I think thats everything sorted smile_o.gif

Thanks again guys. Any questions etc ill be happy to answer.

Remember, i need feedback, and truckloads of it!!!!!1

i tried the mission, and apparently i needed flippers old m4 pack crazy_o.gif

SHIT!!! Sorry guys sad_o.gif

The M4A1 was still present in the Outro-Win.

HERE is a Fixed mission.sqm. (thanks to Jackal326)

Replace the original mission.sqm with that one, and it should work fine. Sorry sad_o.gif

The Frenchman, check original post for Kegety's Editor Update link.

The game crashes when Im about to start the game. sad_o.gif

The Intro doesnt work, the mission doesnt work. All that works is the Win outro, and that is only for a few seconds. crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

I hate to be a pest LoneSoldier.....l've downloaded the bas buggers and the terrorguys but can't seem to download the 7mb mission? Thanks...looking forward to see what you did with the cutRsc's smile_o.gif

Bosun. Grab ti from my website (link in first post)

The Frenchman - Add me to MSN dude, and see if we can sort this out on there.

EDIT: - Ok, a PBO'ed version can be found at my website (link in first post). If you can be bothered get the version from my site. smile_o.gif

It will hopefully work for you now man  biggrin_o.gif

FYI: freewebs is giving you 1.1KB a sec download, and that with my high speed cable modem.

wow.. smile_o.gif it was worth the two hour download. l haven't played through all the way, just wanted to give you a couple of words. Pretty incredible mission LoneSoldier... biggrin_o.gif The environment/mood is great....the menu and choices as well. A minor tweak you might look at is; after failing the first objective and then continuing to the house....it then says objective completed. Anyways....it's great work,,,,

the fog effect creates some nice ghost like images...the cemetary....very talented work.

This is one unbeliavebily good mission!

To be honest this is one of the best SP missions I've ever played...but im not sure what version i dloaded 'cos when i go to check Photo#3 in menu i get: "Script ph3.sqs not found"

At the end i got "cannot load mission, missing addon bas_weap" which is weird cos i had my BAS Mod folder on obviously, im sure this is related to usage of a lot Mods,'cos with old mission.sqm i had missing flippersM4,so i dunno if i saw the win outro...

On a side note,i did use Hisky and INQ mod...AND...the visuals were the best i've ever seen in a game  smile_o.gif

Thanks very much guys!

Bosun - Sorry, i forgot about that bug. Will be fixed right away. Glad you liked the mission though.

The Frenchman - DAVIDIAN

Bonko - The PBO version wont ask for the M4  smile_o.gif

Also about the "Photo #3" error, i am actually aware of it. It is not supposed to display anything at the moment. I need an idea of what function i could use that button for.

Because as of now the button does nothing, because i havnt given it anything to do.

Do you guys have any ideas of what i could add to that button? An extra feature?

I was thinking on having a bleeding script. So that if you are wounded bad enough you slowly bleed, until you die. But that could get very frustrating and annoying.

Quote[/b] ]the fog effect creates some nice ghost like images...the cemetary....very talented work.

Thankyou. Yes that fog effect is amazing, thanks to HomerJohnston for his awesome work, and his help for getting it to work for me.

Is there anything different you guys would like to see?

Do you guys like the way ive used sound and music in it? What about the intro, does it work fine?

I would work on a sequel to it, but no, i can't see that happening just yet. It would too hard to make another mission that creates the same sort of atmosphere etc. Because ive used all my idea's up.

I actually started Davidian about a year and a half ago, and just slowly work on it every now and then. And when i learned new stuff, i would use it in the mission.

Does anyone think that a co-op version of the mission would be good?

Cheers guys  biggrin_o.gif

Oh, also i've gotta fix up the breifing plan. Because it sucks. I want to make it... wierd. haha.

Cheers.

Yes! to coop.... smile_o.gif would make a great two or three player mission. And No! to a bleeding script....l bleed enough in your mission. tounge_o.gif LoneSoldier the intro is very good, and the music and sound certainly adds to it all. The only part of the intro l disliked was the line bragging about the helluva good mission....l mean it's a great mission but l don't think the line works well in your intro. takes away from it.... ghostface.gif ...but that's just being picky. Anyways....again - great work.

Sounds like you made some good improvements, I will have to try it again when I get a new Resistance cd sad_o.gif

RED