Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Cia in praha (prague)

Update:

We were out yesterday night and went to the Karlovy Lazne club. Yes there were a lot of girls, but as you know we are here on a seriouse mission and had to focus on pivo, semtex-wodka (a brain killer in no time) and dancing... Well I confess I got drunk and tried my luck with two girls, both not from praha but somewhere around. They both did not speak english very well, one of them didn't even speak a word and was as drunk as me, so you can imagine there was not much movement  biggrin_o.gif

Today we visited BIS ressource number one, the military museum and made a lot of pics  of somehow unusual weapons. I am still fighting the alcohol in my brain but I am making progress in that.

Tonight we will slow down a bit I guess. We need all senses for BIS tomorrow  wink_o.gif

Ok, that's it for now.

By the way the prices are not that low. I guess prices have risen because of growing tourism and the willingness of tourists to pay that prices  biggrin_o.gif

will you send postcards ? ....

... along with a vodka flask ?.....

tounge_o.gif

Aww, you didn´t get any action from the wonderful Czech girls? sad_o.gif

Keep trying, things worked out for me in the end...about 6 times wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

What was it like to be inside the holy temple of BIS? tounge_o.gif

And what did you find out about OFP2 today? biggrin_o.gif

Cool. We have a community member on a recon mission. And it sounds like he's havin' fun. smile_o.gif

I never went to clubs when I was there this year and last. Just try sitting on the square with the old town hall and that strange clock. And also visit Karlov most at night. Both places have people playing guitar, talking loudly and drunk to people from all over the world, and having relatively low priced beers (about 1/3 of the terrasprice) smile_o.gif

also; say hello to the BIS crew from us!

Yeah damnit, say hello to Maruk and ask him why he hates Bn880 so much not to reply to a PM. biggrin_o.gifblues.gif See what theyre doing to that new patch also.

Ahh it's probably too late.

They should be already somewhere in a club or at another nightlife spot at this time... If they weren't killed by the BIS staff because they tried to steal a VBS disc from Marek's desk. biggrin_o.gif

I think we'll hear from Balschoiw tomorrow, if he's still alive. tounge_o.gif

New solution to making new animations for OFP:

Go to Czech, hop on a bus to BIS's studio, beg and plead them to let you use their motion capture studio... and voila! Instant animations ! smile_o.gif

Hmm bals seems to be gone.. Maybe Marek caught bals downloading OFP2 to his USB memory cards so he had to kill him!?

So Marek is propably using Bals body to create realistic dead soldier models for OFP2. crazy_o.gif

Why would you want OFP2 now? It's probably not even 20% done yet. We've still got over a year of development to go. rock.gif

Why would you want OFP2 now? It's probably not even 20% done yet. We've still got over a year of development to go.  rock.gif

So you would say no to a first preview? wow_o.gif

I just hope everything is OK... smile_o.gif The guys are probably headed back home etc. rock.gif

does anyone know if there is a Renaissance hotel in Prague? i might go there one day with a friend and in every country we go , we always choose Renaissance smile_o.gif

Only a short interlude now. We returned save from praha today and have had a 2 hours talk with Marek yesterday afternoon. We had a huge list of questions most of them related to OFP2. Marek was very kind and answered a lot of them. Others were not answered but we knew that before we asked. biggrin_o.gif

I hope you can understand that we first send our report to BIS for counterchecking and than post it at our homepage.

A big thank you to Marek Spanel for patience and the willingness to meet and talk to us and the interest he showed on ideas we had for OFP 2. Thx again.

Yeah yeah, stop kissing BIS butt and spill the intel. biggrin_o.gif

I need to go there before OFP2 is released. And yes BIS are very nic fellows. I mean they are making us the 1.92 patch. That is caring about the community.

It's unbelievable how much BIS cares about the community. Other game developers don't give a shit. It's all about money for them.

I need to go there before OFP2 is released.

Suma (Ondrej) has said it before: BIS is not a tourist attraction smile_o.gif

BIS are some special game devs, they´ll get my 49 EUR whenever they release a product in the future smile_o.gif

Suma (Ondrej) has said it before: BIS is not a tourist attraction smile_o.gif

yep, Marek said the same and I think they will not allow visits from more people in future. Also we don't give info where they are located. Also I think not all infos we got are allowed to give away and we don't give them away if BIS say NO.

But it was a very very nice meeting. biggrin_o.gif

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

Sounds like you guys had a great time, I can't wait to read you report and see your photos smile_o.gif

RED

It's unbelievable how much BIS cares about the community. Other game developers don't give a shit. It's all about money for them.

I am sure it is about money for BIS aswell, although the dev team seems very very friendly and they also seem to enjoy giving joy to the community. Since good support equals a more loyal fanbase.

And I didn't intend to visit BI studios it was more of a joke, probably should have added the " tounge_o.gif " smiley to indicate it. Afterall it isn't worth the money to go to Prauge just to visit BIS HQ. Especially for a fifteen year old with no firm source of income. I think I will spend the money I get on fixing me up with a new more OFP2 friendly computer instead biggrin_o.gif

Suma (Ondrej) has said it before: BIS is not a tourist attraction  smile_o.gif

yep, Marek said the same and I think they will not allow visits from more people in future. Also we don't give info where they are located. Also I think not all infos we got are allowed to give away and we don't give them away if BIS say NO.

But it was a very very nice meeting.  biggrin_o.gif

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

Does that mean no one can go to Bohemia Interactive Australia? ;)