Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

If it helps you track down the problem i could try turning my setting down, although i don't like this "solution." As i said before, i am using lots of addons for a long time and never had this problem with ANY other addon. Kind of like saying "we build an addon which freezes even the fastest pc unless you turn graphics detail down." Even other addons which lagged for some of my players were fine for me.

BTW: i just started ranger extraction (not resuce, doh) again and noticed no freezes. But with at least two other missions this was the case. I will try to find other conditions which could be causing it but it definitively only happens when the blackhawk comes into view. Sometimes fps stay low as long as it is in view, sometimes they go up again after a few seconds even when the blackhawk is still in view.

Which settings do you suggest turning down? Geometry performance, Vehicle LOD, Shadows LOD, Auto drop down, something else?

Benu....I don't think you understand.

The suggestion is to turn down your settings (try LODs, Visual Quality, Textures...anything that affects Vehicles) just to see if it makes a difference. Why?

Because either:

Turning down your settings makes a difference and that is where the problem is.

or

Turning down your settings makes NO difference and the problem lies elsewhere

This is called the process of elimination, and is a common technique used in troubleshooting. It IS NOT being offered as the ABSOLUTE solution for your problems.

Hope that's clear? smile_o.gif

Guest jacobaby
What are fast rope insert A B C D different from each other?

in the readme it says different circumstances, i would like to know which

Yeh me too!

Anybody?

tounge_o.gif

There are about 6 different conditions where you can fast rope, ranging from being the leader of an AI chopper, to the leader of a human chopper, to the leader of your squad in a non grouped chopper, to being in a remote chopper, to having your squad in the chopper and you on the ground, to flying the chopper yourself.

The letters are remaining in for the public beta version, to help assist with tracking down any bugs, but so far all seems in order.

TJ

I got a problem with MP games whenever i use a waypoint move and put the fast rope line exec thing , works fine to fast rope but then it lags , and there is alot of desync occuring, if i make the helicopter land like if it was a bis uh-60 everything goes fine, its only the fast roping thing, anyway to fix it? sad_o.gif

and i tried by putting in the init of the helicopter bas mp game = true bla bla bla bla

h sad_o.gif

The Blackhawks are great. The JAM weapon sounds are great.

However, I feel that the 7.62x51mm rounds used by the G3 and others, should be more powerful.

in the real world u cant do much more damage by a 7.62 then

a 5.56, the differents between them is that most of the time

7.62 will just go through your body and 5.56 will stay in it

when u been shot by a gun 400 meters away......

i even thinks that 5.56 is more effective to disable the

fighting ability of a person

there's a real difference between the two.

The first is it's power to defeat armor. The 7.62 will go through armor a lot easier than 5.56.

The second is the range; the 7.62 is lethel on a much longer range than the 5.56 (which also makes the 7.62 the choise for sniperrifles).

The third is that while the 7.62 will go through your body and only creates a small hole, the 5.56 starts to tumble and creates a VERY big nasty exit wound and internal dammage. This maked the 5.56 a poison bullet. The 7.62's shockwve on entry is larger than the 5.56 (this shockwave will create a hole in you body the size of a tennisball. This hole will close immediately after the bullet goes through only leaving the small entry wound of the bullet itself, but it's this shockwave-hole that creates internal damage which will kill you)

The 7.62 is more capable of putting people down, because of it's great power and the ability to shoot through small trees and still killing the guy behind it. The 5.56 is more capable of messing up your internals, which will not kill you as quickly as the 7.62's shockwave, but is just as deadly. When you want to put peolpe down immediately with one shot use the 7.62. If you "just" twant to kill them, there's no real difference.

war is hell

Actually the 5.56's tumbling is dependant on how fast its bullet is travelling, some guns do not fire the bullet fast enough for it to tumble on impact, meaning it just goes straight through and the bad guy just keeps on coming, the M4A1 is one of these rifles that cannot fire the SS109 fast enough for it to tumble, which is why special forces in Iraq/Afghanistan are asking for a new round, and why you see M14 DMR's placed in squads (as well as to give longer range), even so, i think the 7.62x51 round is pretty powerful as it is in JAM, it only takes one shot to kill people most of the time, maybe more if you hit them in a less vital spot.

Actually, you are refering to FRAGMENTATION...

5.56 NATO rounds will fragment violently inside the body, if they hit flesh with enough velocity.

The M4 does fire the round fast enough to fragment at closer ranges...but it is limited by the short barrel length.

(shorter barrel length = lower muzzle velocity)

At a velocity of 2700 fps or greater, fragmentation is likely.

The probability of fragmentation drops as the velocity drops.

Guys one small q. Where can I find thoose test missions for Blackhawks which Nagual posted pages ago ? The links don't seem to work now...

I got a problem with MP games whenever i use a waypoint move and put the fast rope line exec thing , works fine to fast rope but then it lags , and there is alot of desync occuring, if i make the helicopter land like if it was a bis uh-60 everything goes fine, its only the fast roping thing, anyway to fix it?  sad_o.gif

and i tried by putting in the init of the helicopter bas mp game = true bla bla bla bla

h sad_o.gif

we encounter the same on our server.

whenever you fastrope, it laggs horrible and doesnt seem to end- even when you did the fastroping 5min ago.

i was thinking of a script that doesnt end and loops over and over.

and sometimes plain flying with the helos creates high usage of bandwith too.

could it be that its the position- display script?

i really hope there´s a small bug in coding, because we really love the fastrope feature. its so much fun to deploy your team in the places where you perform fast flare landing insertions.

gonna let you know if we get more information about what exactly causes the lag.

Benu....I don't think you understand.

The suggestion is to turn down your settings (try LODs, Visual Quality, Textures...anything that affects Vehicles) just to see if it makes a difference. Why?

Because either:

Turning down your settings makes a difference and that is where the problem is.

or

Turning down your settings makes NO difference and the problem lies elsewhere

This is called the process of elimination, and is a common technique used in troubleshooting. It IS NOT being offered as the ABSOLUTE solution for your problems.

Hope that's clear? smile_o.gif

That was clear from the start, BUT either it doesn't solve my problems, then it is just a waste of time, or it solves my problems, then it is an "inacceptable" solution. You see, i used over 200 addons on my server and never had this problem, i played missions that used some 100mb of inofficial addons in one and the same mission, and never had this problem. If the bas blackhawk is the only addon that has this problems i have to consider it broken sad_o.gif But i hope this is not the case and there will be a satisfactory solution cause it's a really good addon.

I just tested a little more but so far no clear pattern has emerged. I first tried with turning graphic settings (LOD) a little down (i think, you can never be too sure what autodetect in preferences does, normally i edit the flashpoint.cfg with an editor) and tried one mission (made by one of our players, playing on trinity) which had freezes without end, and then the two mp maps from nagual (i played helo assault 3 times, once with each chopper, btw when we played that mission the first time we accomplished the first objective, but after that we never got a check for that objective again), which had freezes before but not yesterday (except one when landing and the dust appeared).

Guest jacobaby
I got a problem with MP games whenever i use a waypoint move and put the fast rope line exec thing , works fine to fast rope but then it lags , and there is alot of desync occuring, if i make the helicopter land like if it was a bis uh-60 everything goes fine, its only the fast roping thing, anyway to fix it?  sad_o.gif

h sad_o.gif

we encounter the same on our server.

whenever you fastrope, it laggs horrible and doesnt seem to end- even when you did the fastroping 5min ago.

i was thinking of a script that doesnt end and loops over and over.

and sometimes plain flying with the helos creates high usage of bandwith too.

could it be that its the position- display script?

i really hope there´s a small bug in coding, because we really love the fastrope feature. its so much fun to deploy your team in the places where you perform fast flare landing insertions.

gonna let you know if we get more information about what exactly causes the lag.

It does say in the readme that the scripted fast roping does not work in MP.

It is there simply to allow your AI to fast rope in SP missions.

Easy mistake to make I know, (Nagual did the same thing in the Ranger extraction).

In MP the idea is that the player controls the fast roping. If the Pilot is a player he can control the helo and get it in position.

If the pilot is AI then the Pilots leader can get him to do the manouvre, and the rest of the himans can rope out when they get the option.

I just had a thought, you could try this in the INIT line;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

? (local this):this exec "\etc\etc.sqs"

The problems may be to do with the sqs being run on all PC's, I wold be grateful if somebody could test that and verify for me plz.

TJ

OK, without reading 42 pages - has anyone else found a problem with the flare deployment completely killing OFPs framerate, and has anyone found a fix for it?

Quote[/b] ]It does say in the readme that the scripted fast roping does not work in MP.

didnt use the scripted command.

those were the conditions:

tested map on local adsl server

->human mh60 pilot not grouped with cargo

ping= 73

-->human team leader in cargo with 3 ai members

ping= 45

*mh60 pilot gets in hold position

**mh60 pilot actions "fast rope insertion (for troops in cargo)"

***cargo fastropes -> high bandwith useage starts

------------------------

human team leader ping <300 ~ >600 ~ <100

desynch= ~10000 ... very laggy

human pilot ping <150 ~ >350 ~ <150

desynch= ~35 - ~0 ... not much lag

-------------------------

...gonna report again with dedicated 100mbit server and monitor- command

it could be very possible, that all the script information from each player would flood the server bandwith.

OK, without reading 42 pages - has anyone else found a problem with the flare deployment completely killing OFPs framerate, and has anyone found a fix for it?

I havent found a problem at all with the flares, they work fine on my computer, no framerate loss at all.

I havent found a problem at all with the flares, they work fine on my computer, no framerate loss at all.

Ditto smile_o.gif

no framerate-loss whatsoever

Hmmm, then try putting bringing one down with a DKM havoc equipt with gunpods wow_o.gif Then well talk again crazy_o.gif

But seriously, the flares don't affect my framerate at all (well with the exception of the situation stated above blues.gif)

Arch.

Guys,

This is probably gonna be a really dumb question and may have been asked before, but where are the SQS files? For example the "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs" refered to in the readme file? I'd like to get some AI fast roping

Karlos

Quote[/b] ]This is probably gonna be a really dumb question and may have been asked before, but where are the SQS files?  For example the "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs" refered to in the readme file?  I'd like to get some AI fast roping

That script file, and a lot of others, is "embedded" into the bas_mah60.pbo addon file. That way, it is always available to you as long as you have the addon installed. Think of an addon as an archive, sort of like a ZIP file. An addon such as the Blackhawk has a lot of files in it, and to use them in your mission you refer to the scripts like in the example you provided. Somewhat simplified, one can say that the string "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs" is interpreted as "look inside the BAS_mah60 addon, in the FX sub-folder, for a script named BAS_AIRope.sqs".

hum...........funny,

my fps wont drop at all with flares,

but it does drop a lots with smokes..............???

p.s. can the M14 in the JAM version of the Ranger/Delta change into a ACOG??ghostface.gif

i hardly shoot a thing 200M away with that aimpoint.................  sad_o.gif

(yes i could still get those enemy down, but it will make me waste a hold clip for 3 inf........)

hum...........funny,

my fps wont drop at all with flares,

but it does drop a lots with smokes..............???

p.s. can the M14 in the JAM version of the Ranger/Delta change into a ACOG??ghostface.gif

i hardly shoot a thing 200M away with that aimpoint.................  sad_o.gif

(yes i could still get those enemy down, but it will make me waste a hold clip for 3 inf........)

Clearly someone isnt up to date on current news:

RACKRangers.jpg

Hmmm, then try putting bringing one down with a DKM havoc equipt with gunpods  wow_o.gif Then well talk again crazy_o.gif

Indeed, I've noticed that too.

Here's a sample mission that illustrates the problem. It requires the bas hawks and the dkm havoc 1.0.

Select the 23 mm MGs and fire at the blackhawk in front of you. As you will see, the BH will spawn a new flare for each MG bullet and you will experience very serious slow down and frame loss.

This is a new type of problem in OFP that will sooner or later have to be addressed. Modern addons use extensive scripting and while they may function very well alone, they can run into problems when running in parallel with other addons.

Hmmm, then try putting bringing one down with a DKM havoc equipt with gunpods  wow_o.gif Then well talk again crazy_o.gif

Indeed, I've noticed that too.

Here's a sample mission that illustrates the problem. It requires the bas hawks and the dkm havoc 1.0.

Select the 23 mm MGs and fire at the blackhawk in front of you. As you will see, the BH will spawn a new flare for each MG bullet and you will experience very serious slow down and frame loss.

This is a new type of problem in OFP that will sooner or later have to be addressed. Modern addons use extensive scripting and while they may function very well alone, they can run into problems when running in parallel with other addons.

This is probably to do with how they have set up their gun pods, it happens with the Mi-2 gun as well, mainly because it is a scripted extra gun (on the Mi-2 with the gunpod there is also the normal gun used in the PK), so they must have set up the gunpod like a missile which will interfere with the incoming missile eventhandler, this shouldnt just fall on us to fix...

This is probably to do with how they have set up their gun pods, it happens with the Mi-2 gun as well, this shouldnt just fall on us to fix...

I'm not assigning the blame here, just pointing out the problem. smile_o.gif

The point is that these type of incompatibility problems will just increase in the future and two things have to be done:

1) Standardization - we need to agree on how to handle the more common systems such as weapons, countermeasures etc

2) Off switch - we need the possibility to switch off all non-critical effects and features of an addon.

Number 2) is already being discussed with several mod teams.

This is probably to do with how they have set up their gun pods, it happens with the Mi-2 gun as well, this shouldnt just fall on us to fix...

I'm not assigning the blame here, just pointing out the problem. smile_o.gif

The point is that these type of incompatibility problems will just increase in the future and two things have to be done:

1) Standardization - we need to agree on how to handle the more common systems such as weapons, countermeasures etc

2) Off switch - we need the possibility to switch off all non-critical effects and features of an addon.

Number 2) is already being discussed with several mod teams.

There is already an off switch for our scripting:

BAS_60Effects = 0

Really? Very good! smile_o.gif

As for the countermeasure problem, my suggestion would be that you in future addons just include a simple limit of how many flares can be fired within a time frame.

Really? Very good! smile_o.gif

As for the countermeasure problem, my suggestion would be that you in future addons just include a simple limit of how many flares can be fired within a time frame.

readme's are usefull