Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Note: If you eject from the blackhawk and land very close to it...RUN! Hehe, I had to learn the hard way (after it crashes, it still has small explosions). crazy_o.gif

is it me or do the rotors kill? i ejected from high altitude and passed thru the main rotor blades and died, never happend with another rotary wing aircraft in ofp before

Back to the blackhawks.

Maybe I can start to point out some of the finer features..

Did you notice the modelled wirecutters for instance?

Did you notice that when it burns, you dont get that annoying "splash" of light like with a standard fireplace any more.

Did you notice that though the interior and cabin lighting uses a "fire" simulation, you DONT get the "put out fire" actions in your menu?

Did you notice the scaled casings on the guns? And the smoke on firing rockets?

Did you try flying from the desert to the snowy mountains in nogova yet?

The way BAS deltas and rangers lower their goggles before embarking/disembarking?

The way can you call a hot or safe extraction? (red/green smoke)

and theres more......

TJ

I noticed most. About the "splash" of light; Can this be removed from gunfire aswell?? If there's one thing that's keeping me from playing missions at night it's the splash of light on the minigun (and other guns mounted on choppers). Would be a real improvement if this can be removed. (the splash of light is oh so ugly)

Also, when I turn on the cabin lights, most of the outside of the chopper also turns red. But I don't think this is something that can be changed in the OFP engine, right?

that light at every vehicle mounted gun..

i think that engine issue

Guest DKM-jaguar

It's a nice helicopter, it's pretty high on my list.

BTW: I think that modern russian stuff is good.

I'd just like to see corrected versions of the Soviet equipment. Everytime I see that BIS Mi24 armed with a 30mm cannon instead of the 12.7mm gatling, I cringe.  crazy_o.gif

Emm actually Mi-24s are produced with a choice of 4 barrelled 12.7mm, double 23mm or 30mm cannon as chin turret fittings and/or in pods (th cannon only) or both, which has been a popular option with poorer countries a rocket+ multi-cannon option being cheaper than missiles but still giving much bang bang

I'd just like to see corrected versions of the Soviet equipment. Everytime I see that BIS Mi24 armed with a 30mm cannon instead of the 12.7mm gatling, I cringe.  crazy_o.gif

Emm actually Mi-24s are produced with a choice of 4 barrelled 12.7mm, double 23mm or 30mm cannon as chin turret fittings and/or in pods (th cannon only) or both, which has been a popular option with poorer countries a rocket+ multi-cannon option being cheaper than missiles but still giving much bang bang

Yes, but the BIS model has the 12.7mm Gatling. The BIS AH-1 Cobra also has a 30mm Gatling. I've never seen an Mi-24 with a chin turret equipped with anything other than a 4-barrelled 12.7mm gun. I've seen gunpods mounted below the pilot canopies or on the wings armed with the 23 or 30mm cannon, but never on the chin turret. rock.gif

If you'd like to discuss this further or prove me wrong with a photo of an Mi-24 equipped with a 23mm chin turret, PM me so we can leave the BAS thread alone. smile_o.gif

Ok, I found a bug.

No, not one in the Blackhawks.

I found one in human players!

CTI-Map.

I am the Commander. After building the complete base, I often make support with a blackhawk(minigun), with manual Fire and NO AI GUNNER.

I say to ppl: "DO NOT ENTER THE CHOPPER AS GUNNER OR LET YOUR AI GET IN AS GUNNER!!!!"

If you get in as gunner or your AI does, the minigun is not more aiming at 12 o´clock, and you can´t get it back to 12 o´clock.

I said it three times!

What happend at the first "rescue operation"......

A stupid player gets his AI as gunner in the chopper........ crazy_o.gif

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  

BAS, can you please fix those ppl´s minds!

Thank you so much.

MfG Lee  mad_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Just throw a smoke grenade in front of the mini gun and pump lead into his head. wink_o.gif

Can I have a link for that CTI version? wow_o.gif

BUG??? Nahhh just bad addon placement.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, i really am 2 lazy to read through the 38 pages of replys that have been posted about this EXCELENT ADDON.  If this has been said before i apologize.

Recently i had my firend install the Blackhawks with a new -mod folder he had never done before.  When in game he experienced an error right before the mission brefing screen.  I dont remember exactly what it is, but it said something like cannot load file BAS_Soar/BAS_Soarman.p3d.  He Clicked ok like always, and when in game found out that he was spawned underground and was unable to move.  

I suspected that this could be a problem with not overiding the old BAS_Soar.pbo file, so i messaged Boblouder, and he confermed my theory..  If you do have this problem, i would suggest finding the duplicate BAS_Soar.pbo file, and either replacing it with the new one or deleting it.  Boblouder suggests just delete both soar pbos and re-install the one from the Blackhawk pack.  

Hope that helped anyone that has had the problem.  And i would like to say again how i really appreciate the time that BAS Takes in making the best addons there are, everyone should be proud of that.

Later,

Phil

Eagle

ATLAS GEN Eagle

Guest jacobaby
Recently i had my firend install the Blackhawks with a new -mod folder he had never done before.  When in game he experienced an error right before the mission brefing screen.  I dont remember exactly what it is, but it said something like cannot load file BAS_Soar/BAS_Soarman.p3d.  He Clicked ok like always, and when in game found out that he was spawned underground and was unable to move.  

I suspected that this could be a problem with not overiding the old BAS_Soar.pbo file, so i messaged Boblouder, and he confermed my theory..  If you do have this problem, i would suggest finding the duplicate BAS_Soar.pbo file, and either replacing it with the new one or deleting it.  Boblouder suggests just delete both soar pbos and re-install the one from the Blackhawk pack.  

That caught many of us out, including myself!!

The problem in many cases is the the OLD BAS_SOAR.pbo was installed in the RES/ADDONS folder, and the new ones were being installed in the OFP/ADDONS folder.

The new bas_soar.pbo was then being overwritten in memory by the old one, which loads AFTER the one in OFP/ADDONS, with the result that the new features and guys couldnt be found.

As far as the hideous yellow light on guns at night goes, Im not certain we can get rid of that, its a built in effect.

TJ

Sorry for being a little off-topic here, but I like the yellow light. It looks really cool when you are looking at a night time battle field trough the gunner optics of a KA-50. Also it is "fairly" realistic. If I only could find that picture of a guy firing his FN-MAG at night.

Well here one is, still not the one I am looking for:

FN-MAG (KSP-58)

i have been gone for 5 weeks at the NTC so i just came back and look at what i find this is a great addon good work i love this helo you guys continue to produce the best addons thanks unclesam.gif

when i want to add crater from BAS - Misc i get crater.p3d error

when i want to add crater from BAS - Misc i get crater.p3d error

We know, read back, its been mentioned and answered, please dont report bugs that have already been mentioned, they will not be replied to in the future.

the bas_soarman error is because you didn't put the soar pilots in your mod folder smile_o.gif

The Blackhawks are great. The JAM weapon sounds are great.

However, I feel that the 7.62x51mm rounds used by the G3 and others, should be more powerful.

However, I feel that the 7.62x51mm rounds used by the G3 and others, should be more powerful.

in the real world u cant do much more damage by a 7.62 then

a 5.56, the differents between them is that most of the time

7.62 will just go through your body and 5.56 will stay in it

when u been shot by a gun 400 meters away......

i even thinks that 5.56 is more effective to disable the

fighting ability of a person

this animate [“ngogglesâ€, 1]; this action [“NVGogglesâ€]

Invalid number fault

(used with MoveInDriver, MoveInGunner, MoveInCargo command)

I noticed something strange when the Blackhawk is out of fuel.

I tend to setfuel 0 on a chopper if I don't want it to lift off untill a certain trigger/event. This works great with every vehicle in OFP except the BAS Blackhawks. You can hear the engine start-up noise and then it loops with a very high frequency noise.

This is very annoying. Any ideas what can be done to solve the problem otherwise or is it a bug with the choppers?

To test it out do this:

Put a blackhawk on the ground without fuel. Then put a move waypoint for it to move somewhere.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed or there is another way of solving this issue.

EDIT: while the engine startup-noise is playing it also creates lag if you're close to the chopper

there's a real difference between the two.

The first is it's power to defeat armor. The 7.62 will go through armor a lot easier than 5.56.

The second is the range; the 7.62 is lethel on a much longer range than the 5.56 (which also makes the 7.62 the choise for sniperrifles).

The third is that while the 7.62 will go through your body and only creates a small hole, the 5.56 starts to tumble and creates a VERY big nasty exit wound and internal dammage. This maked the 5.56 a poison bullet. The 7.62's shockwve on entry is larger than the 5.56 (this shockwave will create a hole in you body the size of a tennisball. This hole will close immediately after the bullet goes through only leaving the small entry wound of the bullet itself, but it's this shockwave-hole that creates internal damage which will kill you)

The 7.62 is more capable of putting people down, because of it's great power and the ability to shoot through small trees and still killing the guy behind it. The 5.56 is more capable of messing up your internals, which will not kill you as quickly as the 7.62's shockwave, but is just as deadly. When you want to put peolpe down immediately with one shot use the 7.62. If you "just" twant to kill them, there's no real difference.

war is hell

there's a real difference between the two.

The first is it's power to defeat armor. The 7.62 will go through armor a lot easier than 5.56.

The second is the range; the 7.62 is lethel on a much longer range than the 5.56 (which also makes the 7.62 the choise for sniperrifles).

The third is that while the 7.62 will go through your body and only creates a small hole, the 5.56 starts to tumble and creates a VERY big nasty exit wound and internal dammage. This maked the 5.56 a poison bullet. The 7.62's shockwve on entry is larger than the 5.56 (this shockwave will create a hole in you body the size of a tennisball. This hole will close immediately after the bullet goes through only leaving the small entry wound of the bullet itself, but it's this shockwave-hole that creates internal damage which will kill you)

The 7.62 is more capable of putting people down, because of it's great power and the ability to shoot through small trees and still killing the guy behind it. The 5.56 is more capable of messing up your internals, which will not kill you as quickly as the 7.62's shockwave, but is just as deadly. When you want to put peolpe down immediately with one shot use the 7.62. If you "just" twant to kill them, there's no real difference.

war is hell

Actually the 5.56's tumbling is dependant on how fast its bullet is travelling, some guns do not fire the bullet fast enough for it to tumble on impact, meaning it just goes straight through and the bad guy just keeps on coming, the M4A1 is one of these rifles that cannot fire the SS109 fast enough for it to tumble, which is why special forces in Iraq/Afghanistan are asking for a new round, and why you see M14 DMR's placed in squads (as well as to give longer range), even so, i think the 7.62x51 round is pretty powerful as it is in JAM, it only takes one shot to kill people most of the time, maybe more if you hit them in a less vital spot.