Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

I don't think crew would fastrope out, as they are the guys inside controlling the rope and (in RL) cutting it loose once everyone was down. You could always pretend they were PJ's though ;)

SelectThis

Hmm, i think i have to answer the gunner door open closed etc with a WHO GIVES A SHIT ffs, does it really matter if the friggin door is open or closed, maybe to all you flight sim maniacs it does but i prefer to do my fighting in OFP on the ground like the game was meant to be. If you have enough time to sit and look at shit like that then you obviously just like to fly around, so why not just get a flight sim instead crazy_o.gif Gimme a gun and some rockets and i'll see if you have time to look at whether your gunners door is open or closed hehe.... tounge_o.gif

I tried to activate the cabin light in the MH60k for a cutscene, but it seems just calling the script as given in the readme doesn't work. Is there a special command to (de)activate the light? If so, please tell me and put it in the readme when you update the archive.

Guest jacobaby
Hmm, i think i have to answer the gunner door open closed etc with a WHO GIVES A SHIT ffs, does it really matter if the friggin door is open or closed,........

Yes it does matter from a realism POV, you wouldnt have a gunners door open in flight.

But the point is, it works unless you mess with it. Its not a bug.

If you ARE going to mess with it, then you must mess with it properly, and think of the consequence of your actions.

doh......cant believe we're arguing about this.........

Guest jacobaby
I tried to activate the cabin light in the MH60k for a cutscene, but it seems just calling the script as given in the readme doesn't work. Is there a special command to (de)activate the light? If so, please tell me and put it in the readme when you update the archive.

Please read back in the thread.

EDIT

Ah sod it, I'll answer it AGAIN, as it was my fault it got missed in the readme.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

chopper animate ["switch4clight",1]; chopper exec "\bas_mah60\fx\cabin.sqs"

Sorry about the omission

TJ

is the virus that ppl were talking about shuts down the computer randomly??

if so microsoft have released a patch and norton can fix it with an update

by the way

yet again

love those dam choppers

cant stop watching the intro

u make it so easy for mission makers to make cool insertions with no scripts needed

good work

all praise bas

hum................

I accidently hit the calendar button, and I'd like to wish you a happy birthday Tigershark smile_o.gifblues.gif

Ah sod it, I'll answer it AGAIN, as it was my fault it got missed in the readme.

Thanks a lot! In 26 pages such a short hint like that is hard to find... wink_o.gif

Got it working now, and it just looks amazing!

Now another thing: is there a way to disable the fastrope option for the squad leader in the cargo hold (if possible without disabling any other effects)? I have an insertion and don't want the passengers to be able to f*** with the LZ.

yeah happy birthday Tigershark..why your nick isnt Catfish..they exist too smile_o.gif

Am i doing something incorrect? I placed a couple of MH-60K's on a map as "Empty" class, then i placed some SOAR pilots went to the choppers and can't get in! I can open the doors but thats it, no get in back or get in pilots seat etc......

Guest jacobaby
Got it working now, and it just looks amazing!

Now another thing: is there a way to disable the fastrope option for the squad leader in the cargo hold (if possible without disabling any other effects)? I have an insertion and don't want the passengers to be able to f*** with the LZ.

Regarding the cabin lighting, I did that in response to a comment from Kat, one of the chicks in BAS. Glad you like it.

About disabling the fast roping........

I guess you could get rid of it by using this line in the INIT of the chopper.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

chopper animate ["switch1FRope",0.2]

See how you go with that. To enable it again set the phase to ZERO again.

@ HK

you probably have the helo's locked in the editor....... tounge_o.gif

TJ

About disabling the fast roping........

I guess you could get rid of it by using this line in the INIT of the chopper.

chopper animate ["switch1FRope",0.2]

Thanks, works like a charm! smile_o.gif

Reworked version of my classic 'Find The Chopper' MP coop mission (using BAS Rangers, BAS UH60 and the Blood addon) is now available for download.

WTF? crazy_o.gif

I was playing around in the editor, with all the BAS choppers and a SOAR sidekick ( so I could go command view and admire myself  wink_o.gif ) and picked off a pack of T80's at distance with one of the new AH60's, flew round some more and decided to blow up all the empty choppers I'd spawned using the various weapons available.

I landed to survey the wreckage, and the gunner opened fire on me with the minigun, needless to say I didnt last long ... he then engaged the engine, started the AH60 up and took off!!!  wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif  

Now I wasnt expecting that!   smile_o.gif

WTF? crazy_o.gif

I was playing around in the editor, with all the BAS choppers and a SOAR sidekick ( so I could go command view and admire myself  wink_o.gif ) and picked off a pack of T80's at distance with one of the new AH60's, flew round some more and decided to blow up all the empty choppers I'd spawned using the various weapons available.

I landed to survey the wreckage, and the gunner opened fire on me with the minigun, needless to say I didnt last long ... he then engaged the engine, started the AH60 up and took off!!!  wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif  

Now I wasnt expecting that!   smile_o.gif

LOOOOL now thats funny!

A new super AI, watch it he will take over your PC

I have a question............

I try to make the choppers default carry humvees.... by using the script in the choppers init field...

and it doesnt work.

Can anyone help me with this?

(AMASING CHOPPERS THOUGH.)

The Blackhawks are beautyfull, so much atention to detail, just compare the landing wheels with the bis UH-60 ones, the animated doors and tail wing are so awsome, the interior looks so great, check out the cockpit and the back of the pilot seat, the fastrope, ladder and those other scrips used in the MH-47 also fit very well, everything is great. I cant even imagine all the work and testing you guys made to create such outstanding addon, top notch quality and atention to everything, all i can say is the helos are so great that if i crash one i even feel bad about myself, it really is worth waiting for something like this, cant thank you bunch enough for these babies smile_o.gif .

I have a question, I was blasting OFP and I was flying an MH-60L and I had it crash and I was listening to the BH explode and the sound of debry flying etc sounded EXACTLY like the sound in BHD when S61 crashes and you hear the blades impacting in the ground and debris flying. So did you use the sound from the movie?

George

I dont know if this is a bug or just my screwy computer. But after I do a fastrope, if I try to go into third person or command view for some screenshots, I get an unblievable amount of lag.

It literally goes down to about 1-2 frames per second.

mission Heli Assault that comes with demo mission pack is bugged.

at the begining the one of MH-60`s crashing from hitting the tree and after begining of scene where 2 AH-60 DAP are hovering on moon background mision kicks me to Windows

heh. I had something similar to Poet. I was toying around with the DAP and disembarked. I was walking around the DAP and all of a sudden the gunner opened up with the GAU killing me in the process. then he took the pilotseat and took of.

AI jeaulous of our new toy?

outstanding job done on this chopper lads, skins are superb.

a few comments to improove here and there tho;

the crash model doesnt look like it really crashed, but more like someone is applying for 'nobelprice for poor workmanship' in the blackhawk factory, if you know what i mean.

one point is: chopperblades just dont snap off like that (unless they are 'prepared' like that), but in the event they would snap like that, the chance you will find them within walking distance of the chopper is pretty much zero.

what really is missing on that wreck are the marks on the ground (oil leaks, charring and disturbed soil)

let me clarify with two shots:

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

i find it also a shame that even tho you CAN open/close doors, you can get in and out as if there are no doors..

Since this chopper carries troops i suggest you make the sliding doors work as well, so that you can 'lock' the chopper, your coder should know what i mean.

preventing ejecting when doors are shut also gets in the picture then.

Another suggestion on the wrecksite: equip the wreck with ammo so that the soldiers can salvage and use it and make the minigun usable.

I could think of more things, but i leave it at this.

Please note how i dont just take the piss out of an addon, but am telling you what i think and how to improove.