Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

fkin excellent.. just fkin magnificent... umm i dont really wanna talk right now.. going back ingame. Good job BAS... excellent Job.

Guest jacobaby
how do u pick up othre vehicles than hmmw's cos i want 2 pick up the jeep with mg and normal jeep crazy_o.gif

On second thoughts, (and after death threats from the mods), I decided I didnt want to say FO.

I wanted to say, I deliberately made it so YOU, Chriz, cant transport your stupid jeeps, just to annoy you.

Of course, if you insist on abusing the Highly specialized Special forces helicopter, you can make it lift a jeep simply by editing the BAS_60Sling.sqs.

Perhaps you could make it carry tanks too, think how useful that would be.

I found your post ofensive, rude and ungrateful, but I apologize to the other board users for sinking to your level.

TJ

short and to the point.

Same thing goes for those who think the old SOAR were better smile_o.gif I can can come up with at least 20 reasons why the new SOAR and crew chiefs are significantly better.

Try me smile_o.gif

how do u pick up othre vehicles than hmmw's cos i want 2 pick up the jeep with mg and normal jeep crazy_o.gif

fuck off

did you quote the wrong person or do you really tell him to FO just for that question? rock.gif

fuck off

Now that ain't a nice thing to say is it?  wow_o.gif

Anyone care to explain what the difference is in-game between the MH60L and K-variant ?

They look different but that's all I noticed too.

And FO's are not tolerated!

fuck off

not nice i think.

if you want to transpot Jeep open the cargo.pbo and manually add it to script.

btw there is no shadow for main rotor

Nope, he got the right person, you need to realise the BAS team has spent months going over every possible avenue of ideas, many were dismissed for various reasons and those that werent you see on the helicopters, we have been working through the night for the last 3 weeks or so, so we are not going to take kindly to negative comments, questions we deem silly (like putting a vehicle that was replaced 20 years (or so) ago on the sling of a modern aircraft), so if our answers are rather curt sometimes...tough...

K is uptodate - most mdoern, well equiped version - just walk around the damn thing and look at it... it has FLIR, Radar, Fuel Rod the drop tanks... the minigun etc.

go to the L - then there are no fuel tanks, no fuel rod - there is a radar, but no FLIR.

Guest jacobaby

Above post applies to the starship trooper too.

As regards the Cabin Lighting and landing lights for the AI, I forgot to add a little line in the readme.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

CHOPPER animate ["switch4Clight",1];Chopper exec "\bas_mah60\fx\cabin.sqs"

and for the landing light;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

CHOPPER animate ["switch3Llight",1];Chopper exec "\bas_mah60\fx\landing.sqs"

When you want to turn off the lights, just animate the above things back to 0.

Sorry for the omission.

TJ

Couple questions about JAM :

1. Is it more CPU intensive using JAM? I played the version of Battlefields ( all these missions! happy now Avon? I am smile_o.gif ) and I got even more slowdown than with Inquisitors High Detail weapon pack. I don't have an uber system, but can't see why the slowdown was so much ( cpu use? sound? animations? )

2. What are HD weapons FOR? I get what High Dispersion means, but I emptied 2 full AK47 clips at a baddy from 150yards and not even 1 bullet was on target, I'd used someone elses HD weapons before ( sorry, can't remember who ... ) and they werent that inaccurate.

I don't know nothing about guns, and can't see why anyone would choose a weapon so inaccurate, or are they meant to be for CQB only?

Love the missions though. Oh and the Addons arent that bad either! wink_o.gif

Once again, excellent work BAS, truley excellent. The 'Hawks are everything I expected and JAM really impressive. Thanks for your work guys.

Guest jacobaby

Lets start a "features" discussion......

I'll start you off.........

The door opens on the side that you stand on, and you cant open the other side unless you go round...

what else did you find?

TJ

Yeah i am getting a simalir slow down as Poet i can get between 40-50 FPS on High Detail Battlefields but JAM version i get 20-35 not a big deal though just means smaller Battles for me sad_o.gif

And Excellent work on the choppers BAS well worth the Wait and the mission Phew breathtaking Intros good work

1. Is it more CPU intensive using JAM? I played the version of Battlefields ( all these missions! happy now Avon? I am smile_o.gif ) and I got even more slowdown than with Inquisitors High Detail weapon pack. I don't have an uber system, but can't see why the slowdown was so much ( cpu use? sound? animations? )

2. What are HD weapons FOR? I get what High Dispersion means, but I emptied 2 full AK47 clips at a baddy from 150yards and not even 1 bullet was on target, I'd used someone elses HD weapons before ( sorry, can't remember who ... )  and they werent that inaccurate.

I don't know nothing about guns, and can't see why anyone would choose a weapon so inaccurate, or are they meant to be for CQB only?

Love the missions though. Oh and the Addons arent that bad either!    wink_o.gif

I doubt, JAM is just standardized settings and sounds for weapons, they still use the BIS models.

HD weapons are there to simulate badly trained militia, I think.

2. What are HD weapons FOR? I get what High Dispersion means, but I emptied 2 full AK47 clips at a baddy from 150yards and not even 1 bullet was on target, I'd used someone elses HD weapons before ( sorry, can't remember who ... )  and they werent that inaccurate.

Love the missions though. Oh and the Addons arent that bad either!    wink_o.gif

1. No, its not more CPU intensive, i have exactly the same amount of lag (still pretty bad) on the normal battlefields as i do on the JAM version.

2. HD weapons are for AI to use, they are less accurate so the AI fires more bullets, they use full auto a lot more, and it adds to the atmosphere a lot more, a lot more rounds are hitting around you and there is a lot more gunfire in the background, however its not exactly recommended for human use, you wont hit very much.

Mahooney you have Ge Force FX 5900 Pro or something for that quality of pics?

Radeon 9800pro 256ddr but its not that what really counts,

its your resizing of the picture to make such good ones tounge_o.gif

if oyu break the ladder mounting and then go by it and do climb ladder down you can go underground i have a pic but nowhere to host

Absolute brilliant Addon, although frames are going down alot when all this stuff is going on, but that's my crappy PC+my ofp settings smile_o.gif

Only thing that was a bit strange was that when I ordered 2 to lower the visor per action menu he came to me and lowered my visor, because of this you can also have the visor + nvg down. I for myself see it more as a feature than as a bug smile_o.gif

K is uptodate - most mdoern, well equiped version - just walk around the damn thing and look at it... it has FLIR, Radar, Fuel Rod the drop tanks... the minigun etc.

go to the L - then there are no fuel tanks, no fuel rod - there is a radar, but no FLIR.

So the only difference between the L and K in-game is looks?

No difference in fuel-capacity, passengers or anything? rock.gif

if oyu break the ladder mounting and then go by it and do climb ladder down you can go underground i have a pic but nowhere to host

Then dont break the ladder smile_o.gif

Its a limitation of the scripting...

1. No, its not more CPU intensive, i have exactly the same amount of lag (still pretty bad) on the normal battlefields as i do on the JAM version.

2. HD weapons are for AI to use, they are less accurate so the AI fires more bullets, they use full auto a lot more, and it adds to the atmosphere a lot more, a lot more rounds are hitting around you and there is a lot more gunfire in the background, however its not exactly recommended for human use, you wont hit very much.

1. ? Odd. I went and tried again, and the JAM version is easily the slowest of the 3 ( BIS, Avons Inq-HDW remake and the JAM version ) and it also causes a lot more units to go to a lower LOD model at closer ranges ... though the JAM version looks "lighter" than the other 2, is it something that was done with the mission itself that causes it? rock.gif

2. Thanks. smile_o.gif Makes perfect sense.