Sign in to follow this  
mumbled_frog

Radio join command

I have a small group of men, individuals not in a group with a leader etc. There are three of them. There are four of these groups .

I want the player to select one of these groups and take command of them via a radio command, after he has chosen i want the other radio commands to disappear so the other teams can't be selected as well. I have to do this, obviously, via triggers because my computer doesn't interpret scripts into anything OPF can understand.

I would be easier to group them i think, but ive forgotten who to give a group a name (its different to 'setgroupid' which is not what i want)

If anyone could help id be very grateful, thanx.

One other problem. I have various objectives in missions that are hidden from the start and appear later depending on how the mission goes. But when the briefing is read at the start the objective can be read, spoiling my secrets crazy_o.gif

any suggestions? cheers again biggrin_o.gif

Make 4 radio triggers, radio alpha, radio bravo, radio charlie, radio delta.

Set up the triggers like this, radio alpha trigger:

OnActivation field: 1 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 2 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 3 setRadioMsg "NULL"; "[_x] join player" foreach units group nameofgroup1

nameofgroup1 is the group name of the units you want to join the player with the radio alpha trigger.

Radio bravo trigger:

OnActivation field: 0 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 2 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 3 setRadioMsg "NULL"; "[_x] join player" foreach units group nameofgroup2

nameofgroup2 is the group name of the units you want to join the player with the radio bravo trigger.

Radio charlie trigger:

OnActivation field: 0 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 1 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 3 setRadioMsg "NULL"; "[_x] join player" foreach units group nameofgroup3

nameofgroup3 is the group name of the units you want to join the player with the radio charlie trigger.

Radio delta trigger:

OnActivation field: 0 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 1 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 2 setRadioMsg "NULL"; "[_x] join player" foreach units group nameofgroup4

nameofgroup4 is the group name of the units you want to join the player with the radio delta trigger.

To name a group, put in the init field of the leader of the group:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">groupname = group this

For you last question, make sure you haved named the objectives in the breifing file correctly.

RED

excellent biggrin_o.gif

Although I don't understand about the objectives in the briefing file. I have named the objectives in the briefing as i want them, during the mission i get them to be revealed at the correct point to thats fine as I say.

cheers! biggrin_o.gif