Sign in to follow this  
sussmori

Invasion 1944 demo v1.2 + campaign

The Demo version 1.2 will be released this weekend on Sunday. It will consist of:

* Demo Campaign (Invasion of Sicily)

* 1 SP Mission

* 6 Converted BIS SP Missions

* 8 MP Missions

* 15 Converted BIS MP missions

For more information and a complete list of bug fixes/changes check the website www.invasion44.com

We will be having a IRC party on #invasion1944 at Quakenet to celebrate the release. This will begin at 00:00 UTC/GMT Saturday.

If it's to be released on Sunday shouldn't you have posted this in A&M:D ?

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

and let the great addons and mods flow!!

BAS and Invasion 1944 both making releases this weekend.. whats next?

Is there anything new for those that frequent the Inv44 User Mission Boards?

Any new hardware or is it just packaging up the Missions on the Forums?

Have the Inf Units LOD models been fixed up?

I am sooo glad this is coming out as now people will be able to play the missions i made without any crashes or error messages since we will have the same version (im a beta tester) now. biggrin_o.gif

Can we say Whooot biggrin_o.gif Currently have no addons with my virginal Opf but this one will be going in smile_o.gif

@ Aug. 08 2003,10:40)]PLEASE release this as a zip/rar file.

looking forward to it

It will be an install EXE.

Should you decide to install it to a temporary directory first, make sure the temp directory is two levels deep.

For example, DO NOT install to:

c:\temp1

Instead, install to:

c:\temp1\OFP (or similar)

Then, from there, you'll of course have to manually move everything over to OFP's folders.

Uhh... sad_o.gif , great!! I've been waiting for this for months now, and I'm leaving for the Army on Monday morning!! It's a long way too, so I won't be able to play in months..... Life's a bitch. On the other hand, I'll be able to fire real weapons instead of OFP weapons smile_o.gif

On the other hand, I'll be able to fire real weapons instead of OFP weapons smile_o.gif

But not a Garamond! tounge_o.gif

Wow thats great news and i hope this time the C47 Skytrain will be in it or else i am pissed if its not wink_o.gif na j / k

Wow thats great news and i hope this time the C47 Skytrain will be in it or else i am pissed if its not  wink_o.gif  na j / k

Here here tounge_o.gif Seriously this is great news!! Nice to hear this. Looking forward to it as usual biggrin_o.gif

Damn no skytrain availble in this demo.... sad_o.gif it looks like the 82th Airborne squad needs to walk to the place

Says the Readme.txt on the main site   wink_o.gif

Readme.txt

Indeed. Seems not to be in the demo EXE.

But don't worry! It's working. I'm sure it will be released as soon as the finishing touches are applied.

When exactly will the full mod be released? Please don't say "when it's done" crazy_o.gif ... When the mod started, I do recall seeing a statement that said summer'03.

Another question, we already have a great Junkers 52 plane out, and superb Fallschirmjaegers. Are there any german paradrop missions out there?

@Avon Lady - No Garand, sadly, I'll have to settle with the G3...

i have a question, is there ofpec tags on the addons this time?

Is it a mod like FDF that will only add the new units if the game is started with the mod activated?

Because I don´t need all these old units in my regular OFP (I have the huge numbers of units in mind...)

I think that would be practical if not now maybe for the final release!

Well What INV1944 maybe can do is:

Unpack the Dta3d.pbo and shearch for the West soldier names place the USA soldiers from the mod in there ( only the p3d ) and then rename them to the BIS models and do the same with textures/Scripts/sounds re pbo it make a mod folder called: INV44 and but the bin/DATA/Addons map in it and then put your edited dta/dta3d.pbo in the DATA folder and voila you have no more aditional txt in your list but just go under WEST/MEN/And then in place of Soldier M16 you see Soldier Gar wink_o.gif

@ Aug. 08 2003,10:40)]PLEASE release this as a zip/rar file.

looking forward to it

It will be an install EXE.

Should you decide to install it to a temporary directory first, make sure the temp directory is two levels deep.

For example, DO NOT install to:

c:\temp1

Instead, install to:

c:\temp1\OFP (or similar)

Then, from there, you'll of course have to manually move everything over to OFP's folders.

I dont understand why your having a problem, The installers default path was the right one and it installed everything where it needed to go and i didnt have to move a thing.