Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Geforce fx 5600 problems

I have heard alot of complaints about problems with ATI cards. I am having green screen on load problem with my Geforce FX 5600 256 MB card. It seems to be somewhat directly related to addons, If I remove them it works again. I do not have a large addons folder, perhaps 15 addons total, other then the BIS addons. I have played with the settings and disabled wbuffer as per the Avon Ladys suggestion. What happens is the game loads, I can hear the music, I can move my mouse around and hear the clicks as it crosses over links, but the screen is all olive green. Also the BIS and Codemasters logos dont show on startup like they should. Here is my specs:

Athlon XP 3000+

Geforce FX 5600 256 MB

Audigy Live

512 MB DDR @2700

Direct X 9.0b

Windows XP Pro

If anyone had similar problems let me know, perhaps there is a solution.

When I had the green screen problems with my Radeon 9500 an Alt+Tab to desktop and back fixed it, tried that?

Had that problem myself, and fixed it by turning transform and lighting off, i do beleive the fx cards support T&L but i would give it a try if i was you. Only bad thing is that it takes some of the effects away from resistance (blood pooling at dead body, ect.)

Hope it helps,

Eagle

Are you using a 32-bit color mode and not using the W-Buffer?

Yes, but it shouldnt matter should it?

Had that problem myself, and fixed it by turning transform and lighting off, i do beleive the fx cards support T&L but i would give it a try if i was you.  Only bad thing is that it takes some of the effects away from resistance (blood pooling at dead body, ect.)

Hope it helps,

Eagle

Tried that, didnt help

I had a GF3 Ti200, recently i upgraded to a Geforce FX 5600 256 MB and i havent had a single problem,my OFP improved a lot ,do u have <a href="javascript:_acceptLicense('http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/44.03/44.03_win2kxp_international.exe');" target="_blank">WinXP/2K (44.03) Drivers</a> ?

Yes I have the latest drivers

It was doing it before I upgraded to DX 9.0b Avon Lady, I only upgraded to try rectify the problem.

I got my new computer yesterday and guess what.... I joined the happy green screen club, it only happens when I use modfolders or addons btw.. If I run OFP 'clean' then it works good..

My specs are:

Intel P4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB

1024mb PC3200 400mhz DDR RAM (2x 512mb in Dual Channel configuration)

ASUS GeForce 5600 256mb (V9560TD)

Creativ SB Audigy Platinum

ASUS P4P800 motherboard

ASUS Display Drivers 44.71a (I tried the Detonator 44.03)

DirectX 9.0b

and alt-tab doesn't resolve the problem, even worse, if I do it a few times my computer auto-restarts rock.gif

[edit] I'm running WinXP Home btw..

Hi i would also like to join the happy green screen club smile_o.gif , i have just got my new pc and the same thing happens for me when i put addons in the addon folder i get the nice green screen on load up. I used to get the same problem with my old computer when i had loads of addons in the folder, but this time i only have added the BAS addons. My specs are:

Intel P4 3.2 Ghz

1024 MB DDR RAM

256 MB Geforce FX5600

XP Home

DirectX 9.0b

It would seem we all have the same problem with the same card gentlemen. With me it only occurs with certain addons, but I can only have like 6-7 maximum otherwise it always happens.

Edit: Can someone with BIS please look into this for the next patch please?

It would seem we all have the same problem with the same card gentlemen. With me it only occurs with certain addons, but I can only have like 6-7 maximum otherwise it always happens.

Yeah i have noticed that. It seems as though we can only have a certain amount of addons. I can put a few small sized addons in and it works fine but if i put a big sized one it i get the green screen. So there is a certain amount of MB we can have in the addon folder before we get the green screen. Same thing with my old computer but i could put alot in before i got the green screen. But now i can only put a small amount in.

Edit: Can someone with BIS please look into this for the next patch please?

Patch 1.92 under development

Quote[/b] ]- can't memory map problem with larger addons and newer graphics cards

It should fall under the same category.

yeah, I hope that will resolve it, I can't wait for 1.92, but better to let BIS work it out properly then release a farked patch too fast... tounge_o.gif

well i wanted to change my R9800pro 256ddr with a FX5900ultra 256ddr (mystic or Gainward)

cose i have probs with my ATI card

Hows that 1.92 patch coming along?

I've become a charter member of the green screen club for 2 mths now and they just started talking about dues!

First I cooked my GF4 4 mths ago and then I got this fancy smanchy GF5600 and NO CIGAR!!!

I am sick of AAO, AQ2, GR, NSCO, BF1942, OU812 and what ever else it out there...I WANT MY OFP BACK!!!....

crazy_o.gif

Sniff....pppLEEEEEsseee!!!!!

Hi there i aa having the same problem i just buy this PC :

P IV 3.0

1024mb PC3200 400mhz DDR RAM

NVIDIA Gforce FX 5600 256mb

DirectX 9.0 b

XP Profesional

and i am having the same Green page problem , i can also hear the music and if i move my mouse i hear the movement of the folders , i reinstall all OFP and try to add some addons one by one , i start with my SQUAD mandatoryes but when i reach certain number of addons the problem start again ,

theres a Note i want to say i get this PC like on July 15,2003. i made a copy of all my Addons , Both Cold war and resistance in a CD from my old PC and i install em on this after i install the game , i was doing OK but weirdly since the last days of July one day i start my OFP and the Green Screen problem start , so i wonder why at the begin works perfect whit my more that 85 unofficial addon and then suddntly one day stop working wit no reason at all. rock.gif

if any one find an answer for that please tell me how i really apreciate that , now i amtrying to put addon by addon but like i say when i reach certain number problem come back sad_o.gif

(sry for my bad english but i am Mexican ) blues.gif

Hey X-Men, lets make a deal, before tell me help you to solve your green screen problems, lets go to Forums and lets make a search.

We made all that some of you suggested:

1. change of drivers

2. direct x update

3. create 2 folders with addons in differents folders

And after all check that nothing was working we came here and we've noticed is a common problem for Geforce 5600 FX

mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Just to add, is incredible, Xmen obtains in OFP Preferences a Benchmark of 6500 in his CPU and I just have 3300 and I dont have any problem tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

As far as i know the problems have something to do with:

DirectX version 9

NVidia Gefroce FX  cards!

Creative Soundblasters

or

VIA chipsets on Mainboarths

or maybe Win XP

I happen to have all of these....and sometimes OFP Crashes To Desktop.   Mostly when using  3rd person view in vehicles...but sometimes i just CTD when in 1st personview doing nothing.

Sound horrible, and it is, but i still can play the game, cause it won't crash that often... tounge_o.gif

I believe the problem lies in Win XP, as I was using my new computer with 98SE, and ME, and did not get the green screen problem ... (new comp is P4 3.06GHz, 512 DDR RAM, GeForce FX5600 256mb Gfx, now operating Win XP Pro)

Now I have upgraded to XP Pro, I have exactly the same addons folder, and I now get the green screen error...

I think it is a combination of Windows XP, the GeForce FX5600 (256) Gfx Card, and OFP's coding...

What is interesting, is that it seems to be the size of the pbo that causes the issue, and it only seems to be apparent in user addons (since o.pbo doesnt cause it) So far, I have got a maximum of about 23 megs worth of small addons (all around the 1 meg size) to work, any more than that and it all goes down hill (well green actually)

It might be the way windows XP handles the memory (both on the gfx card and the motherboard, which is causing a fault when the larger files are processed, but what is strange is that the error does not occur with o.pbo or any of the other larger BIS files... The search goes on...

I am ever hopeful that this will be fixed in 1.92, as otherwise I will have to retire from OFP (since I cant use more than about 20 megs worth of user addons.. and therefore any BAS stuff sad_o.gif )

[Edit] I'd just like to point out that I have tried;

DirectX 8.0, 8.1b and 9.0, as well as the Nvidia, and Winfast (the cards maker) drivers, and nothing helped...[/Edit]

sad_o.gif  Finally someone has explained the exact problems I am having...and a BAS member no less.

I'll have to agree with that retirement statement. There's no use in messing with OFP if I can't put the addons in (All the addons) especially the BAS packs.

Makes me skiddish about OFP2 also.