Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Geforce fx 5600 problems

I had exactly same problem with the error message

on mipmap o blah,AND the green screen.

what i did was to

follow kegetys instructions for the radion

this works if you got fx5600 256 as well.

1.use unpbo on the res/addons/o.pbo,this should place an "O" folder unpbo,d in the res/addons folder.

2.remove the original O.pbo to a safe place.

3.move the config.cpp and stringtable files out of the unpbo,d "O"folder,to the res/addons folder,

then place/move the O folder (without the .cpp's) into the main OFP directory.

4.create a new "O" folder and place/move the config.cpp and stringtable into it.keeping it in the res/addons folder.

5.use "makepbo" and make a new "O.pbo"containing just the config.cpp and stringtable,and keep it in the res/addons folder.

works a treat.

So i take it it is the graphics card that mippaps the files, but is it also the graphics card that memory maps the files or does windows do that. what memory is used to memory map files? is the process for mipmapping and memory mapping the same but uses different memory?

No use opening a new thread for this;

I just installed the NVIDIA 45.23_win2kxp_international on my Chaintech GF5600 FX Ultra 128 Mb,and suddenly i have the W-buffer in video options disabled and i cant enabled it...its locked/non existent...  sad_o.gif  Has anyone a clue about how to solve this? Or experienced the same problem? I can allways roll back to the 44.03 driver if i cant solve this.

btw:running XPPro on a AMD 1700+

W-Buffer is for people with crappy video cards who need to run 16-bit textures, it smoothes the textures as the textures are not designed for 16bit.

In other words it knows better than you and has taken W-Buffer off you biggrin_o.gif

I've got the green screen too with my Gainward FX 5600...

I have the goty edition, but was wodering how I can play Resistance on the net. Witch files can I delete, and the game still run?

I have been playing Operation Flashpoint for almost two years now and just last week I built a new computer.  I have:

Asus A7V600 w/400mHz fsb

AMD Anthlon xp 2700+

512 pc2100 ddr ram

geforce fx 5600 w/256 mb ddr

10,000 rpm Seagate SCSI HD

Adaptec AHA2940 SCSI card

sound blaster live! 5.1

With all of this I am still getting poor performance when playing OFP (I get the infamous green screen w/addons but that is not what I am posting about this go 'round:).  I have all of the latest drivers for the hardware listed above.  I am updated all of the way up to 1.91 and I am using the GOTY edition.  When I built this system I thought that I would be able to run OFP with the resolution set @ 1024x768 without a problem, my terrain detail is set @ low, my visibility is set @ 900.  It runs choppy, I had the idea that this setup would be ideal for running Flashpoint.  Does anyone out there have a similar setup that might be able to assist me with configuring my system to run like it should?  Thanks a bunch...

that is strange, as I have a much worse pc (AMD1700+ and GFX5600 128) and im running it at 1024x768, normal or even sometimes high terrain detail and visibility stays around 2000 m, could it be due to a addon or something? Or maybe u got programs running in the background?

Running a pentium 4 1.3 gig chip, 640mb RDRam at 800 mhz and Gforce fx 5600 256mb on windowsME. I have tried all the nividia drivers availible for the card 43.45 44.03 and 45.23. With 45.23 w buffer is unavailable but freezing still occur with all of them. Set resolution to 1024x768 set distance at 1500 on normal detail setting. I bought the card to enhanse the gameplay on ofp all I seem to have is constant problems and a loss of performance if this keeps up I will have reinstall the old 64mb gforce TI 4200 I had no problems at all with this card. I thought the new patch was going to sort out this mess out with later graphics cards but nothing seems to have been done to address the problems with the fx5600.

Ok, hadn't played OFP for ages, saw the GOTY edition selling cheap online, so I bought a copy (cheaper than buying all the add-on packs for the original version). Installed it, ran it... oh.

With hardware T&L off I get a green screen and music. With hardware T&L on I get the ground with almost-white textures and music (no menu overlay, people or objects). Running 'classic' OFP with hardware T&L it drops back to the desktop, running 'classic' without hardware T&L I get a green screen and music. Running the original OFP demo which I still had on this machine, it's fine.

P4-2.4GHz, XP Pro with latest updates, Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB, DX9.0b, Catalyst 3.6. and 3.7 drivers (updated to 3.7 just in case after 3.6 had the same problems), 845PE chipset, 1GB RAM, no overclocking or registry tweaks. Every other game I play runs fine on this machine, only OFP has problems. It's a fresh install straight off the CDs, with no extra non-BIS addons.

I did try the ALT-TAB suggestion, but it makes no difference. I also went back to the 'autodetect' settings, and it made no difference. Installed the 1.91 upgrade on the CD and again that makes no difference.

Uninstalled OFP and reinstalled, no difference. Reinstalled DX9b, no difference. Saw a message saying that Daemon Tools could cause problems (I use this machine for DVD authoring so I use it to test DVD images before burning them), uninstalled that and made no difference.

EDIT: Ok, I saw another suggestion to reduce AGP aperture size to 32MB. I cut mine from 256MB to 32MB and, tadaa, OFP magically started working.

Hopefully that may provide some pointers as to why these problems are happening: I don't really want to have to keep rebooting and changing the aperture size to run OFP, as Everquest runs better with a 256MB aperture to stuff all its textures into when the card memory overflows.

OK enough is enough having posted my problems with the game here in the forum, having sent off my details inc DxDiag text to both BIS (no reply) and to Codemasters (Dont want to know ur on ur own mate). What is the point of contacting anyone? Is this just the case of "We got ur money now sod off and dont bother us with ur problems" it looking that way to me. How many more posts is it going to take before someone at BIS wakes up to the fact that there is a problem with OFP and the new Gforce fx 5600 graphics card.

Quote[/b] ]How many more posts is it going to take before someone at BIS wakes up to the fact that there is a problem with OFP and the new Gforce fx 5600 graphics card.

How many? How about aprox. minus twenty? wink_o.gif

We inspected the code resposible for -nomap handling and there is indeed a bug. We are working on a fix. Based on some testing done -nomap in this future patch version will be able to prevent "olive green" screen caused by addons (there is no guarantee it will work for all users though, as olive-green can have various reason).

Quote[/b] ]How many more posts is it going to take before someone at BIS wakes up to the fact that there is a problem with OFP and the new Gforce fx 5600 graphics card.

How many? How about aprox. minus twenty? wink_o.gif

No. Minus 47. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for the acidity of my post but I have played this game everyday since day one of its release. I only bought the card to enhanse the performance and gameplay of OFP I dont play any other game. If anything can be sorted out to address the problem I would be eternalty grateful. Its a great game nothing comes close to it.

PS its not a green screen prob I have, I dont run Win XP, I have WinME, its the complete loss of game performance both during single and multiplayer that I experience. Previous to this I ran a Gforce 4 2400ti 64mb with no problems whatsoever.

Just got my new Geforce FX 5900 Ultra. Do I have to expect the same problem happening to me? Or is it confined to 5600 model?

Anyone?

I have the exact videocard you guys are having problems with. I run 1.92 beta but i am not experience any green screens. With 1.91 i was getting the cannot memory map error but using 1.92 solved that like a charm smile_o.gif

How about the rest of your system specs to use for comparison? smile_o.gif

Just got my new Geforce FX 5900 Ultra. Do I have to expect the same problem happening to me? Or is it confined to 5600 model?

Anyone?

I think the problem is not the 5600 or 5900 Model,but the memory size in the cards: the 128Mb cards seem to be problem free while the 256Mb cards arent in some cases.

We inspected the code resposible for -nomap handling and there is indeed a bug. We are working on a fix. Based on some testing done -nomap in this future patch version will be able to prevent "olive green" screen caused by addons (there is no guarantee it will work for all users though, as olive-green can have various reason).

Thank God. My copy of Resistance is gathering dust.

Next month it should be at least 1 inch thick.

Quote[/b] ] I have the exact videocard you guys are having problems with. I run 1.92 beta but i am not experience any green screens. With 1.91 i was getting the cannot memory map error but using 1.92 solved that like a charm

I have installed 1.92 and as sun i add more then 15 addons the green screen is back.