Sign in to follow this  
SmokeyPhalanx

Your iq?

On the latter I answered what I guessed to be the correct answers. Not necesarily what I probably would really do in such situations.  rock.gif

I answered what I'd probably do, and I got 40%...although it was quite obvious which answers that were "correct". What you actually do depends on your own mood at the moment, I guess. blues.gif

80% EQ.

And I'm not taking any of those tips at the bottom to increase it! tounge_o.gif (Except the one about sports and the gym since I'm already in those biggrin_o.gif )

I did it a couple of days ago and got a 142, so according to them I'm a Visionary Philosopher. I messed with all the answers one at a time after that, and the highest it went was 144, so I don't know if there is timing involved or whatever, because I thought the IQ scale went up to 200. I know I had a much different number when my IQ was tested as a kid, so either the scale has changed or I'm getting dumber with age! wow_o.gif

It's obviously not reliable as it's just an online test designed to make you feel good and buy a report

Edit: this test is a bit better I think, [...]

Yes, it provides results and has a time limit...

biggrin_o.gif

I was about to do this test, after a minute i recognized that it is exactly the same as the German one wich i mentioned before...so i´m still happy with my 137  tounge_o.gif

I got a 141 on that test.

Quote[/b] ]Congratulations, Chris!

Your IQ score is 120

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

Considering I am still in high school, and have lost most of my intelligence over the summer, I think I did pretty good. Precision processor is pretty correct. smile_o.gif

It's obviously not reliable as it's just an online test designed to make you feel good and buy a report

and the median being , i think , between 90 and 100 , i think 120/30 is a bit high

Isn't 180 a genius' score?

and less than 80 is metally retarded?

rock.gif

from what i've read on several french IQ test sites , the median is 104

and the median being , i think , between 90 and 100 , i think 120/30 is a bit high

IIRC 100 is average by default. the "100" changes from year to year to make the average kids get a 100 score. so a 100 scored in 1980 is going to be different than a 100 in 2003

from what i've read on several french IQ test sites , the median is 104

hmm

qi-graph-chart.gif

i'm doubtfull about this diagram though because of the Einstein mark , i've read and heard quite a lot of contradictary declarations about Einstein's IQ , some people said he only had a IQ of 85/90 and was some kind of Rainman , and on the diagram , it's said that he was 160 .. so ...

just found that Goethe had something around 180 IQ

hmm ..

Well I answered about 5 questions, got bored, gave up and went to make some dinner.

I guess that doesn't speak volumes about my iq. crazy_o.gif

Ahhh! Good ol' Emode! smile_o.gif

For some reason, I love these tests. It's like an addiction. Every time a new test comes out, I almost always go and take it (unless it's a test for females only).

Anyone got another site with FREE tests?

[Gareth Gates must die (and has an IQ of -200tounge_o.gif)]

I just looked this up:

Average: 85 - 115

Above average: 116 - 125

Gifted Borderline Genius: 126 - 135

Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others: 136 - 145

Genius: 146 - 165

High Genius: 166 - 180

Highest Genius: 181 - 200

Beyond being measurable Genius: Over 200

i'm doubtfull about this diagram though because of the Einstein mark , i've read and heard quite a lot of contradictary declarations about Einstein's IQ , some people said he only had a IQ of 85/90 and was some kind of Rainman , and on the diagram , it's said that he was 160 .. so ...

Well if you know what it is IQ stands for then maybe you can judge the numbers. Unfortunately it seems IQ tests are simply tests about anything with a different marking scheme from normal ones.

If there were a real standard and it was applicable, then all IQ results would mean something concrete, now they just mean anything depending on the particular test.......

Quote[/b] ]Well if you know what it is IQ stands for then maybe you can judge the numbers. Unfortunately it seems IQ tests are simply tests about anything with a different marking scheme from normal ones.

agreed. for example, the test link given by Kegetys has number sequence question for first 8 questions. for a math major, that is a piece of cake, but for most people it's going to be tough.

furthermore, this is visual-analysis test. there can be verbal and/or hearing, perception factors that effect a person's intelligence. so no IQ test is perfect.

IIRC, Thomas E. Edison, the famous inventor had 99 or so. but that did not stop him from inventing stuffs that we use.

metally retarded
=people who listen to metal   smile_o.gif

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

§1)No Flaming

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's.

Yes, no flaming smile_o.gif

I agree that tests are just good at testing how good you are at tests (hehe)

Also, the thing about IQ -

The average IQ is *ALWAYS* 100. If people get smarter, the difficulty of the test goes up. I think. Or it should do, which the emode test doesn't do because it wants everyone to think they are smarter than average.

Did you know that 95% of people think they are smarter than average?

I prefer Mr Carlin's definition (which some of you have heard me saying on the radio )

"Think of how stupid the average guy is. Then realise, half of 'em are stupider than that!"

Congratulations, Tim!

Your IQ score is 129

we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist.

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

metally retarded
=people who listen to metal   smile_o.gif

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif   mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

§1)No Flaming

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's.

Where's the flaming?  rock.gif

Where are the "Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling[...]"?  rock.gif

Jeez lighten up people!mad_o.gif ...As Bart would say: "Don't have a cow,man!" smile_o.gif

Where's the flaming?  rock.gif

You called me mentally retarded, is that not an abusive comment?

Eh??!  eh.gif

Did I say anything about mentally retarded people? rock.gif Did I say your name? rock.gif

Get over it already...If you can't see the humour then why bother starting an argument about it rock.gif

Did I say anything about mentally retarded people? rock.gif Did I say your name? rock.gif

you said "metally retarded = people who listen to metal" and I listen to metal, thus you meant me.

Quote[/b] ] Get over it already...If you can't see the humour then why bother starting an argument about it  rock.gif

You started it :P

"Metally retarded" was most likely mispelled "mentally retarded", and hence the metal joke with no intended offence unclesam.gif

Btw I edited my post on the first page and added that I'm still in high school too smile_o.gif