Sign in to follow this  
SmokeyPhalanx

Your iq?

First of all, even if IQ tests could say something about overall intelligence, they would be fairly useless anyway since they are not standardized in any way. This one for instance had no time limit. Second, it's a bit unfair since it's in English.

Anyway, IQ tests are fun in a competitive manner (oooo, I scored more than you...etc), but I very much doubt that they say anything about raw intelligence.

Basically I think we all agree about this. I had a much better IQ test program lying around here somewhere, it was enormous and filled with visual rather than vocabular questions, unfortunately it really made my head spin and felt like a serious exam... why put yourself through that I figure. biggrin_o.gif

Tsk tsk...cheating going on here...You're not sposed to do it more than once....Kinda defeats the point  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I did Test the Nation, a televised IQ test on BBC1 last year and I got 112 so I'm happy  biggrin_o.gif

Test the nation

I got completely lost and out of synch on the first segment (anagrams), which pissed me off, so I terminated the test. Anyhow, this test looks a bit more demanding.

Meh, I got like negative 1000

I see... rock.gif

(  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  )

138 with a hangover ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]...your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

/me humbly tips hat to the above non-native speakers of English

If you guys are really interested in IQ you should search " Uncommonly difficult IQ tests" and check out some of the samples of Mega or Ultra test, you will be surprised wink_o.giftounge_o.gif .

Anyway, if the questions are not tough enough you will always get higher score, no matter their number.

Edit: this test is a bit better I think, [...]

Yes, it provides results and has a time limit...

biggrin_o.gif

I was about to do this test, after a minute i recognized that it is exactly the same as the German one wich i mentioned before...so i´m still happy with my 137 tounge_o.gif

120 (Gimme a break, I'm not through high school yet tounge_o.gif)

"Inventive Inquisitor"

To keep a relative good opinion of my own self , i prefer to ignore every IQ tests smile_o.gif

To discover that an amoeba has a higher IQ than you can be very disturbing biggrin_o.gif

Is there something you want to share with us, Sanctuary? biggrin_o.gif

Is there something you want to share with us, Sanctuary?  biggrin_o.gif

No, too disturbing

/me is now in catatonic position

biggrin_o.gif

For people that want to have some IQ tests , some url to some tests

http://www.iqtest.com/iqtestprep1.html

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1641/iqown.html

With http://www.google.com and the keyword "iq test" you can find tons of Iq tests website, wow such many ways to find that you have an amoeba brain smile_o.gif

I've just tried to get the worst score possible.

Example answers:

"A cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the color of nothing."

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know the weather."

I scored 73.  Can anyone get lower than that?

Quote[/b] ]...your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

It should then say, "You are also probably the type of person who will blow good money on our 15-page IQ report."

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Congratulations, Donald!

Your IQ score is 120

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Math or logic??? That can't be me! biggrin_o.gif

Those tests are screwed up anyway. tounge_o.gif

BTW, my real name is not Donald! blues.gif

I answered this two different ways, first based on how I'd act during a typical school/workday, and second based on how I'd act on a night out during the weekend. The first time I scored 30%, the second 70%. Makes sense, I don't make a lot of friends at work, and most of my classmates I don't see outside of school. Might be the fact that I don't really want to be at either place tounge_o.gif

My IQ score is 117! Maybe its because I'm still in high school (maybe not, but if thats the case, I blame the test)

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Edit: Well if EQ matters more, on that test I got 90% correct.

Thats good, right?

133 on the IQ test.

90% on the EQ test. On the latter I answered what I guessed to be the correct answers. Not necesarily what I probably would really do in such situations. rock.gif