Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Not another mp5!

Just opened a host portal for a game development team who call themselves Sine Pari. Their main interest is in developing their own game, but will also create 3d models for 3D game developers and  for interested people who wish to add models to games, but don't want to make their own. Their first OFP offering is a converted 3ds model MP5 which they claim they did not make but enjoyed playing with it in OFP that they decided to share with the community.

I've had a play with it and I'm impressed as it fits in with the other MP5 arsenal from Inquisitor.

Mp5.jpg

Get the file from their downloads at:

Sine Pari

Man i agree with Tigershark there picture to picture , word to word biggrin_o.gif

I have had it with too many same guns , which all fire the same way and hve the same effect blues.gif

the gun looks great from the picture but the soldier leaves something to be desired. sad_o.gif

Ill be damned if anyone ever bothers to use this addon in his/hers mission.

Come on...There's nowhere near as many MP5s out there than there are M4s...You never hear anyone complaining about them mad_o.gif

Oh, come on it's not a regular mp5. Take closer look at the magazine - it's a MP5/10 (using either 10mm Auto or .40 S&W rounds) not many of'em have i seen around. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Come on...There's nowhere near as many MP5s out there than there are M4s...You never hear anyone complaining about them  
yeah your right; BAS why don't you use GALIL rifles for you rangers. It will be unrealistic as hell, but I mean with all those crappy M4's out there, there's no need for those extremely good looking ones from you. (i guess by now you get the point, no?) I agree with sashman

It looks good (the MP5) and it is indeed a different MP5 from the ones already made. I wish the new team good luck with their work.

yeah your right; BAS why don't you use GALIL rifles for you rangers. It will be unrealistic as hell, but I mean with all those crappy M4's out there, there's no need for those extremely good looking ones from you. (i guess by now you get the point, no?) I agree with sashman

Gimmie a break...It's TRUE!  mad_o.gif

I probably couldn't count the number of M4 packs/addons out there with my fingers  rock.gif

Looking forward to trying this one out.

I also disagree that there's too many MP5's out there.

I'd personally like to see a variety of different type of MP5's in OFP.

I know there's a bunch of them in the HK pack, but these need updating, since the textures aren't all that great.

My favourite Weapon model in Counterstrike wink_o.gif

BUT HOW THE HELL CAN I "Add(weapon)" it !?

WHats its codename? Argh....

My favourite Weapon model in Counterstrike  wink_o.gif

Damn, doesn't it even come with a readme.txt file? tounge_o.gif

My favourite Weapon model in Counterstrike  wink_o.gif

Damn, doesn't it even come with a readme.txt file?  tounge_o.gif

To addweapon/addmagazine the names are as follows:

Weapon = spwe_mp5

Magazine = spwe_mp5Mag

And the readme.txt is called spwe_mp5.txt, but I'll get them to change the name of it and get them to add the weapon names.

Edit* File has been updated with Readme.txt and weapon/magazine names added.

I probably couldn't count the number of M4 packs/addons out there with my fingers  rock.gif

I'm with you Shashman too many M-4's out there now that BAS have there ones out i find others useless.

No offence to addon makers but guys now that one thing is already made and such beautifully why redo it? mad_o.gif

I'm with you Shashman too many M-4's out there now that BAS have there ones out i find others useless.

No offence to addon makers but guys now that one thing is already made and such beautifully why redo it? mad_o.gif

I guess this means that the Falklands Mod and other mods stop making addons and use what other people have made.

Does this mean if someone produces a better M-4 that you will discard BAS' one.

The guys weren't going to release it as they had converted it for their own use and I persuaded them to release it.

My advice: Either download it or don't.. choice is yours.

As a side note: If the guys never release any of their superb models to the community I wont be surprised.

I dunno... I'd be surprised if the Falklands War mod team just said, "screw the community" because then the Campaña de Malvinas mod team would simply fill the gap.

Plus other addon makers have endured a whole lot more abuse and yet still stick to it. Take ol' Vit. That poor guy has taken TONS of abuse (some deserved, but most not deserved) and yet he still keeps cranking out the addons. Some of his latest aircraft (like the Mig-29 and the F-15) are examples of how he's really matured as an addon maker. I think now he's finally getting a bit more respect.

Anyways, usually for all the complaints on an addon, there are always people who will enjoy them.

But I agree with you that it's fine if other addon makers make better addons. The Russian weapon addon scene is an example of this... at first the big two were Kegetys (who's Russian weapons are still standard, especially his RPG-7's) and Mailman. But now there are a few others making really high quality Russian weapons and frankly I'm quite happy about it.

I'm glad the M4 addons didn't stop with that first M4 pack (can't remember offhand who made it..the one with the C-Mags) because it lacked certain variants that I really wanted.

As far as this Mp5 is concerned, like others mentioned, this MP5 looks a bit different and it just gives mission makers a broader choice of weapons to choose from I think. More choice is always good in my opinion. People always have the choice simply not to download it. There have been lots of addons that I just hated, but I normally kept my mouth shut and just ignored that addon if it didn't interest me.

So while this MP5 may not become a MUST HAVE addon for every mission maker and player, I'm sure a few people here and there may use it and some MOD teams may ask permission to include it in their mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]I dunno... I'd be surprised if the Falklands War mod team just said, "screw the community" because then the Campaña de Malvinas mod team would simply fill the gap.

Yeah I agree there. The Falklands mod was just as an example and not likely to do that (we've spent to much time and research to let it go).

Quote[/b] ]Anyways, usually for all the complaints on an addon, there are always people who will enjoy them.
That's true and duly noted.
Quote[/b] ]As far as this Mp5 is concerned, like others mentioned, this MP5 looks a bit different and it just gives mission makers a broader choice of weapons to choose from I think.

I have d/l them all so far and I'm waiting for a gun cabinet to store them in so I can choose a weapon before I go on a mission (without having to kneel on the ground to do so smile_o.gif ).

Anyway, Chris thanks for your input.

Cheers

Klink

Hey, This was my favorite CS MP5 skin! I'm glad to see the soulder's hand isn't stuck inside the magazine like it was in CS.

I guess this means that the Falklands Mod and other mods stop making addons and use what other people have made.

Does this mean if someone produces a better M-4 that you will discard BAS' one.

The guys weren't going to release it as they had converted it for their own use and I persuaded them to release it.

My advice: Either download it or don't.. choice is yours.

As a side note: If the guys never release any of their superb models to the community I wont be surprised.

*cough*

You entitled the thread "not another MP5"

wink_o.gif

Ya know if you really want people to use it, put it with a pack or something, ask Inq to include it in his pack, more people will use it in their missions if you do that.

Yup packs are good because most players hate searching all over the place to find one little weapon addon to play a particular mission. Weapon packs tend to be easier to locate and keep track of plus they're often used by many different mission makers (like Kegetys's and Mailman's Russian weapons packs and the BAS weapons pack).

I'm also sure lots of mods also would love to have this MP5 (although with texture paths renamed so as to include it in a single weapons or soldier .pbo file).

Anyhoo, it's a nice weapon addon. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yup packs are good because most players hate searching all over the place to find one little weapon addon to play a particular mission.  Weapon packs tend to be easier to locate and keep track of plus they're often used by many different mission makers (like Kegetys's and Mailman's Russian weapons packs and the BAS weapons pack).  

I'm also sure lots of mods also would love to have this MP5 (although with texture paths renamed so as to include it in a single weapons or soldier .pbo file).

Anyhoo, it's a nice weapon addon.    smile_o.gif  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sounds like a good idea, but for those addon conscious people with 56k modems perhaps a 300+kb download is a little more inviting than a 15+MB one. smile_o.gif

Yup packs are good because most players hate searching all over the place to find one little weapon addon to play a particular mission.  Weapon packs tend to be easier to locate and keep track of plus they're often used by many different mission makers (like Kegetys's and Mailman's Russian weapons packs and the BAS weapons pack).  

Anyhoo, it's a nice weapon addon.    smile_o.gif  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sounds like a good idea, but for those addon conscious people with 56k modems perhaps a 300+kb download is a little more inviting than a 15+MB one. smile_o.gif

Ah, the horror! My 56k modem spends 8 hours to download a 100 mb file! And because the morons over at the telephone company didn't put the possibility to use DSL in our block, I'll have to use my modem from now on mad_o.gif