Sign in to follow this  
Alicia Clark

How do I make Al move to the waypoint I made for him after he leaves my squad?

Ok, first, my AI unit already has a waypoint when he joins my squad, but remember that waypoint wasn't working because he's on my squad, and that waypoint was supposed to be later. So what I wanted to do was say there's a specific time in my mission where he needs to leave my group and go to the waypoint where I put it, but the problem is he's not moving at all. Even though I synced the trigger to that waypoint, it was set to skip that waypoint. And it was already put in the condition to only activate it at the specific time when he needed to leave. In simple terms, I want the waypoints to work after he leaves my group. Is this possible?

Since waypoints are added to groups (source), you need to add them to the unit's group, after it leaves the squad.

• Like 1

How? How can I tell? Because when I was on Eden Editor, it was at the starting point of the mission, so I don't know how to put it into groups when they leave.

In Arma even single unit is in a group. So you just need to add a new waypoint to the group.

I would recommend to add an invisible marker and then use it during waypoint creation:

_waypoint = (group myUnit) addWaypoint [ATLToASL (getMarkerPos "myMarker"), -1];

_waypoint setWaypointType "MOVE";