Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

Well, i spent at leat 5 mins on searching for some pics!

About the RPDs:

If you are just retexturing them, will they still target helicopters as they do in NP2?

Also any thoughts of using a DShK HMG for the FIA?

Between the two they would provide some AA protection against helicopter attacks and airborne landings and still fit in to the type of weapon that a rebel army would use in combat.

Wadmann

No you are wrong, it's only the helicopters from NP2 wich are target-able.

DShK is a good idea, but it's a "vehicle" and there will be no vehicles in my first FIA addon, maybe later

Guest ####

Yes just concentrate on the men, there are going to be alot of cool vehicles comming out soon so people can just add these guys as drivers and what not if need be.

Well, I experiment some nice stuff for Night Officer :

NVG is a too expensive item on black market for FIA, they won't have them.

FIA Night Officer have tracer bullets and flare gun (credit : model and textures by Finnish Defense Force mod)

Flare gun is usefull to light a large space. But if one of your squad member is lost in the dark, it shouldn't be judicious to fire and waste a flare : you could alert your enemy on your current position (MP)... Instead flare you could use a phosphorescent stick (the emergency thing you have to blending to get few hours of light), more stealth it could also be used as a visual signal or to mark your path.

FIA15.jpg

And if you are quite close to enemy position, you could use a Bird Call (owl). It might be used to gathered your team, or to give them a signal or as a recon signal in the dark (MP)

FIA16.jpg

Default officer (Day) have a whistle instead the Bird Call

FIA17.jpg

But the most interesting news will come from Edge's texturing work, maybe he could soon post preview screenshots (?)

Those are some nice looking and and very intersting things being added to this pack great work Aeon. looking forward to it

Quote[/b] ]Flare gun is usefull to light a large space. But if one of your squad member is lost in the dark, it shouldn't be judicious to fire and waste a flare : you could alert your enemy on your current position <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>(MP)</span>...

Well, I assume atleast some of them will be.

The flares/light sticks and the bird call/whistle sounds pretty cool! smile_o.gif  Can't wait for this to be released.  Will they just be .pbo's to put in your addons?  Or will they use the -mod switch?

Aeon-

I don't like resistance units... Or at least I didn't  biggrin_o.gif

This is one of the most kick ass things I have ever seen for OFP. Really nice, Can't wait for it to come out.

Sweet_pup

Hey, pssst, Sweet_pup havent you heard? Word on the street is that FIA is one of the most sexiest armies around! tounge_o.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Congratulations Frenchman !</span></span> You found my secret plan smile_o.gif

Yes I had that idea long time ago, the project was to replace Soviet units by those made by Suchey/Earl from Digital Grenade. Then I thought "What's about Resistance unit, will they remain the same?" That's why I started to work on FIA addon

Progressively I understood FIA addon doesn't deserve to be just an "accompaniment" addon for another one or a campaign. So I will release FIA addon at the same time or before or after MORPHE addon by Digital Grenade. And I will work on "Resistance 21st Century" campaign only when I'll get all the addon I need (MORPHE)

But if you people tell me : "No keep your addon and release it only whith converted Resistance campaign, we'll wait", well I could if it's your wish tounge_o.gif

About MP issu, I don't know. Even beta test not yet started (right now you know MP aspect is not the main objective for it)

This pack looks really good Aeon can't wait till it comes out. biggrin_o.gif I heard talk on the thread bout a possible vehicle pack i just like to make some suggestions bout it. I ddon't have much know ledge bout militias and stuff like that but here it goes.

-PV3S wit a AA gun on the back

-PV3s wit a mortar in the back

-UAZG, jeep, wit either a mounted PK, 30 cal., M2, Dshk, recolless rifle, or any other MG. btw it would look cool if in the back of the uaz, pv3s u put ammo boxes, and empty shell caseings on the floor.

-2 kinds of camo for each vehicle i.e camo, and camo with foliage on the vehicles.

Those are just some of my ideas i'm kinda new to OFP so i don't really know how to make addons, or i'd make those myself

Would you replace the T55's ingame with RHS's? And also could you replace some of the civilian cars with the GAZ 24 addon? smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die tounge_o.gif ]

Would you replace the T55's ingame with RHS's? And also could you replace some of the civilian cars with the GAZ 24 addon? smile_o.gif

So many i can't take it nooooooooooo...... No j/k but i think he first wants to complete his normal mod and work and then do other things or am i wrong

PV3S with Marfy's ZSU 23 in the back.

Civilian jeep with PK.

UAZG with SPG-9 recoilles rifle.

Retextured version of Lt. Damages Toyota Hilux.

Those are the vehicles that I would like to see if there is a vehicle pack being done.

For normal FIA pack I would like if there would be resistance soldiers with new civilian clothing and some old weapons.

Weapons should be something cheap and from a country that sold its weaponry all around the world. Mosin Nagants and other WW2 soviet weapons are still in use. wink_o.gif

Even beta test not yet started

When is does, can I beta test it? smile_o.gif

Also, maybe instead of BIS BMP's you could use AKM74's APC pack. wow_o.gif

The problem w/ using AKM's stuff is that it would probably be too new(except maybe the BTR).

The problem w/ using AKM's stuff is that it would probably be too new(except maybe the  BTR).

Thats what I mean. The Resistance BMP would be replaced by the BTR. Also maybe the BIS T80 could be replaced by the T80 pack by Sigma 6.

I don't think the BTR could really replace the BMP, because the BMP has a hell of a lot more firepower than the BTR does.

You could always replace it with Silesian's excellent retextured T55. wink_o.gif