Sign in to follow this  
Evishion

Gummi's landtexture pack released

"This should make all island makers happy, cause I have completed my Landtexture pack 1. With 13 new landtextures. This pack (nr1) only contain desert, grass and forest textures. All textures are in JPG format and 512x512 resolution.

You can expect another one sometime in the future with lots more textures.

GMI_landtex1.jpg

GMI_landtex2.jpg

Download (3mb): http://www.geocities.com/ofpgummi/GMI_landtexpack1.zip "

-posted for Gummi cause his posting permission was removed sad_o.gif

I thought Jpeg textures... were not good. lol I never even downloaded wrp edit or anything.. guess i better see what its all about now so i can transfer these textures in there.

indeed jpg is not a very good solution... it takes much more time to load jpg files, for example if you have a gun with hires jpg textures and take it out of a crate it makes your game sometimes stops for a sec cause ofp needs to load the textures...

Doesn't the .jpg format also put a huge toll on your graphics card? I've seen what a few guns with .jpg textures can do, I can't imagine a whole island.

Hahaha tounge_o.gif This is funny. While I was playing with the editor a few minutes ago I was wishing for someone to make new textures for islands. biggrin_o.gif

Errrkkkk.....jpgs! Depends on the sizes I guess...but this is probably lag city....unless you convert to paa or pac which ain't hard to do.

Errrkkkk.....jpgs! Depends on the sizes I guess...but this is probably lag city....unless you convert to paa or pac which ain't hard to do.

well someone get on it!

Id hate to just convert his work over and release without permission, but ive converted

But if he doesnt mind, ill post em here.

So lemme know. Only took about 7 minutes to convert them all wink_o.gif

Hahaha tounge_o.gif  This is funny. While I was playing with the editor a few minutes ago I was wishing for someone to make new textures for islands. biggrin_o.gif

Look at today's top news story at The FAQ or search The FAQ for "textured islands".

It's been right under your nose all this time. biggrin_o.gif

"Ofcourse you need yo convert the files to PAA. I did not convert them myself cause then the pack would be like 10 times bigger, it isn't very handy for the 56kers to download 30mbs. You see my point smile_o.gif "

-Gummi

Good call. The latest paint shop pro has a JPEG artifact removal tool for anyone still worried. Use tga for that, then just use use texview to go to pac/paa.

Damn, where can I download that good-looking truck in the first pic?

If my eyes works well, it's one of early Marfy's addons. You can download it from

Ofp.info. And dig deep... it's very old addon ;)