Sign in to follow this  
scousejedi

Press 'a' in 4 view start = ctd

Recently, while in the middle of checking out FAB's nice Panther my O2 developed a strange fault.

Pressing 'A' leads to a CtD.

Now, I can change the default startup so that only 1 window is displayed and O2 seems to work ok.

But, heres the strange part. I don't have to have a OFP cd in the drive.

I have upgraded O2 to the new GotY compliant version but all this happened weeks later.

While I don't really mind not having the disk in the drive to edit I normally do as it makes checking the results in OFP:R possible.

Are there any solutions to the crashing when opening in 4 windows or am I stuck opening in 1.

Its just that I expect other things to go wrong now that 1 thing has.

?

Thanks

I have the same problem. One day, 02 decided not to work right. Pressing 'F9' once Oxygen has loaded will set it to default MAX layout, and you should be able to apply textures then. I can't start in 4 views, or I'll get the CTD if I try to texture. But, I can switch to 4 views once I'm in Oxygen, and I don't have any problems. I hope that helps some. I really don't know what the cause of the problem is, but that seems to be a viable workaround.

Thats exactly my situation. Does the copy protection fail with you as well?

I wonder if thats the source of the problem. Certainly I have done nothing at all to ANY software on the machine. O2 just went funny one day and now works without a CD in the drive.

As long as the opening in 1 window leads to stable editing I am happy. I just get nervous working in O2 now as I expect a CtD at any time.

Mine's just started doing exactly the same.

A big thanks to Parabellum for the work around smile_o.gif

Thats exactly my situation. Does the copy protection fail with you as well?

I wonder if thats the source of the problem. Certainly I have done nothing at all  to ANY software on the machine. O2 just went funny one day and now works without a CD in the drive.

As long as the opening in 1 window leads to stable editing I am happy. I just get nervous working in O2 now as I expect a CtD at any time.

If you've gotten the newest version of Buldozer, you don't need a CD in the drive. It's supposed to run without the OFP CD present.