Sign in to follow this  
cam0flage

Favorite videogame music

You_Looking_at_Me? Hit it right on the dot. I would have agree that Final Fantisy 7 had the best soundtrack. It was the only FF game that I ever enjoyed playing. It was also one of my first computer games I ever played. I really enjoyed the plot and especially the characters in FF7.

The boss music kicked ass. smile_o.gif

MOH: Frontline has some pretty cool music, of course not the kind of music that i'd listen to during the day but the music fits well with the game...

Best music is probable thps4 and vice city

Quake II had some coold ingame music, but my absolute fave would have to be the old, old arcade game Pengo, which had a terrible, electronic version of "Popcorn"...so bad, it was infectious! smile_o.gif

Anything composed by Bill Brown... Dark Knight posted a link.

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 had some pretty good music (except for the rap)...

OFP has some really nice music, especially considering only one person composed it smile_o.gif

Battlezone: Red Odyssey (Battlezone expansion, before Battlezone 2)... it had some nice music as well.

All the old ones like the Monkey island theme, Lotus, super mario, x-it, oh and the theme from wings of fury springs to mind. The Baldurs gate series also had some cool music, the intro for the first gave me major goosebumps smile_o.gif

I guess the ofp soundtrack is kinda good, alltough not completly in my taste, i like all that orchestrial (sp?) music there is, but Seventh isnt something you would find in my cd rack.

well there is many good songs in games nowaday

Homeworld

Mafia

Vice city/gta 3

some of ofp

Mohaa

MAFIA MAFI MAFIA oh and mafia

i concur

(i'm still trying to beat the last level with that stupid colt pistol. seriously it takes 3 or 4 headshots to knock someone down crazy_o.gif)

Do you think there will be even bigger markets for game soundtracks in the future?

I'd love to have this ...

Edit: forgot to type the head noun in the first sentence, making it completely absurd ...

Finaru Fantaji soundtracks kick ass, especially the orchestrated versions.

8 bit game, I must say Elevator Action. Even to this day, when in an elevator, I still hum that tune

PC game, can't really say, I usually turn off music after an hour or so, even in Vice City, I'll listen to a station once or twice (VRock mostly), and turn it off. Right now, I got some of my own MP3s playin in VC.

-=Die Alive=-

All-time favourite: Monkey Island

Today, of course, GTA3 (Vice City) --hey, I burned the radio station audio files of GTA3 (compressed wavs) and Vice City (need special conversion prog) on CD-R and listen to them while I drive to work (hail to the CD changer)!

These days I listen to VRock (script)...

- Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel The Noise" (volume UP!)

- Megadeth "Peace Sells"

- Exploder Ad ("start makin' friends the amercian way!" wink_o.gif)

- Ammunations blow-out sale

And don't forget Flashback FM and Head Radio. Or K-Jah (peace, brother). Gosh, I need a bigger changer magazine!

I would say

1.Sealteam PC

2.Onimusha 2 PS2

3.GTA3&Vice city

can someone PM Me the Theme from monkey island

Please smile_o.gif

I like the songs from Last Ninja 2.. It's amazing what they could achive with the tools they had.

Also Zelda had some great songs smile_o.gif

Vice City, for its cool retro music.. VROCK being the coolest station :]

C&C: I Am, Face The Enemy, Mechanical Man, Warfare, Stomp, Act On Instinct, Trouble, Grinder and the credit music for Red Alert 1

OFP: some of the normal music from OFP and OFPR and the 2 Seventh songs from OFPR... I actually coppied the entire OFP + OFPR soundtrack to minidisc so I can listen to it when not gaming crazy_o.gif

Unreal Tournament had some nice songs that are some kind of mix between rock and techno.. nothing supar special tho...

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2): Feeder and Grand Theft Audio rock! (so do some of the jazzy menu music themes imo)

The old flightsim TFX had some nice atmospheric music, same goes for Silent Thunder...

Ace Combat 04 (PS2) also had some cool music, especially the stone-henge mission and the first and the last mission...

And last but not least... the old sidescrolling flight action game Jetstrike (still a very cool game imho) had funny music (if not a bit corny at some times)..

These have stuck into my mind and most of which I still listen often:

C64:

Dragons Lair II

Death Wish III

Test Drive II

Shadow Skimmer

Cybernoid I and II

Overlander

Amiga:

Dune

Turrican 2

Elvira 1 & 2

Shadow of the Beast

Escape from Colditz

Lotus III

Pc:

Doom

Need for Speed Special Edition

Archimedean Dynasty

Settlers II

Crusader - No Regret/No Remorse

Quake 2

You can't forget Goldeneye 007 for Nintendo 64! smile_o.gif

hey you're right! that game was great! I love the first level. and don't forget those guns with auto aim! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

You can't forget Goldeneye 007 for Nintendo 64! smile_o.gif

agreed, how could I forget that? wow_o.gif

anyway, just thought of some more:

SNES: Top Gear and StarWing (StarFox) had some nice music

GameBoy: TETRIS! "dum dudu dum dudu dum dudu dum dudu dum dududududum...etc" was brilliant biggrin_o.gif (if not a bit anoying cuz the melody keeps playin in your head for the next few days crazy_o.gif )

Mafia, very nice music!

GTA vice city, best thing in that game is the music, nice pop and rock themes, Foreigner, Mr. Mister, the cult, flock of seagulls, ozzy, Maiden, even Anthrax crazy_o.gif very 80s.

Vietcong. Great songs, really makes you feel back in the 60s, hey joe from shades of deap purple fitted like a glove.

OPF, not only the rock themes but i like the 1985 main theme and most of the small songs, the guitar bits in resistance were great too.

NFS: hot pursuit i agree most themes are great, the rap one sux crazy_o.gif , cant remember more at the moment...

Yay---200 posts, and the mods havent tried to kill me...yet.