Sign in to follow this  
PSC

Dune buggy addon

titel1.gif

I released my new dune buggy addon. You can grab it here:

buggy.tacticalblunder.com

It should be AAE compatible, but I admit, I "bend" the AAE rules a bit. The tag for this addon is "Bug". Everything (addon PBO, mission names) starts with "Bug". Not sure if this is 100% correctly, but tecnically it's not wrong.

Some features of the buggy are:

<ul>

[*]Random Visual Appearance

[*]Random Numbering

[*]Nitro Boost

Check the included readme and PDF for further information.

Regards, PSC blues.gif

titel2.jpg

wow

outstanding work (as always, dude wink_o.gif )!

i like the tire- descriptions... biggrin_o.gif

oh and the website for the buggy is very very nice.

who made it?

I made the website. But the idea (layout etc.) is from another website I've seen.

PSC

Wow Verry SuperB addon mate and those textues are outstanding from High quality and i cant wait to see your Military version and the insane version wink_o.gif

Wow it looks really good, excellent textures, good model (as far as my dune buggy knowledge goes) and great pics Blackdog smile_o.gif

Can't wait to try it out

blues.gif

hell, i like this buggy! smile_o.gif

just one small bug i noticed so far:

the wheels dont turn in 1st person view

its not really a big deal at all, as you can hardly see them from the cockpit anyways.

but i just wanted to let you know wink_o.gif

Thanks! I should have included that into the "known bugs" section. I might be wrong, but I don't think it's a buggy bug (:p). The wheels are exatly the same as in the 3rd person view (including selection names, etc.). And they turn around if you steer right/left. So I assume it's a game engine bug.

PSC blues.gif

i think so too

maybe BIS thought that you couldn´t see the tires from 1st person anyways and didnt make them spin.

again, its BIS to blaim and not the addon creator wink_o.gif

(glück gehabt, PSC) biggrin_o.gif

In case you guys create some nice missions that contain the buggy, I'll host them at the missions section of the buggy website.

Regards, PSC blues.gif

Very nice addon. It's great fun to drive the buggy in Flashpoint smile_o.gif

Only the mission could have had a proper description taht is displayed on the right page of the mission selection screen (it's not a requirement but it looks much better in the list of mission) and also the addon would probably deserve one or two other missions like real race. I want also a real race with the buggy and not only the simple training curse... tounge_o.gif

I know there's so much work in the addon itself but it simply needs more and better missions to be included in the package for instant fun to the gamers.

Well, it feels good to be one of those lads requesting new features and content now. It's usually the oposite with fans asking us to do this or that in Operation Flashpoint...

lovely addon smile_o.gif

cool random visual appearance feature. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and also the addon would probably deserve one or two other missions like real race. I want also a real race with the buggy and not only the simple training curse...

yes, you should make another version with user-made-missions from your site included, and add more buggy versions in the way unclesam.gif

This is absolutely the addon I was waiting for, Beutiful 3d model and very fun to drive with... I love the way it turns and stuff...

Buggy3.jpg

Buggy2.jpg

I made a little race mission. It requires other addons than only the dune buggy though.

Topic: here

Link: Dune Buggy Website

Regards, PSC blues.gif

It should be AAE compatible, but I admit, I "bend" the AAE rules a bit. The tag for this addon is "Bug". Everything (addon PBO, mission names) starts with "Bug". Not sure if this is 100% correctly, but tecnically it's not wrong.

The important thing is that this tag needs to be registered with OFPEC, to avoid any conflicts. I can see BUG tag is registered by you there, therefore it is not a problem for us.

However I would not recommend registering new tags for each addon, as this way tag space could exhaust easily. One addon maker should use one tag fo all his addons unless there is some serious reason to do it otherwise.

The important thing is that this tag needs to be registered with OFPEC, to avoid any conflicts. I can see BUG tag is registered by you there, therefore it is not a problem for us.

However I would not recommend registering new tags for each addon, as this way tag space could exhaust easily. One addon maker should use one tag fo all his addons unless there is some serious reason to do it otherwise.

Yep Suma is right at that but.... wink_o.gif this isen't 1 addon this is more addons in 1 pack smile_o.gif ( dune bugy Army bugy and more? )