Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Lock on preview

Hey guys

I am going to look at a Lock On preview version today. I know there are some Lock On fans here, so, what do you want me to check out specifically?

I am not a die hard flightsim fan myself, so, its all pretty much the same for me. But I can keep an eye out if you tell me what to look for.

I cant take screenshots, thats a no-no. But I will look at the SU-25 for you.

Hey, I realize you might not be able to check out everything, but if you get a chance:

- Has the internal Jammer been removed from the MiG-29A? (Shouldn't have it, but it's there in Ian Boys War Story)

- Does the German MiG-29A have shorter radar range than the Russian MiG-29A? (It should, as it was an export version)

- Has the gun capacity of the MiG-29A been fixed (150 rounds as opposed to 100 rounds like with the later version)

- Is there the ability to calibrate the gun sight in flight based on the target's wingspan?

- Just how complicated is the "cold engine" ramp start?

*edit* came up with some more (hope you see any of this before you play the thing tounge_o.gif - I'm probably late anyway)

- Does the A-10's gun affect flight speed when flying?

- What sort of guided weaponry is modeled for the Su-25? (From what I can tell it's an early version, so I assume lazer guidance if anything)

- Does the F-15 have the ability to engage multiple airborne targets?

- Do you personally think it's close to being a finished product? (no real hurry here, I need to pick up a better machine anyway in order to play this beast biggrin_o.gif...looking at a 2.5Ghz mobo and CPU with 512 DDR Ram for $549 CDN )

Tell us how the TV-guided Mavericks work on the A-10m and is the MFD really as versatile as it looks in the pictures?

How deadly are the Russian SAM systems? I'm especially interested in the SA-12 Gladiator/Giant.

How effect is the R77 in off-bore targeting situations? (those little buggers make me nervous)

How deadly are the Russian SAM systems? I'm especially interested in the SA-12 Gladiator/Giant.

crazy_o.gif Those things were my recurring nightmare in Flanker 1.5. Some times one was launched at me from way out in front and I would lock on this new contact....and wonder for a second or so WTF this thing was that was incoming so damn fast...then I'd loose contact with it and a few seconds later there were little pieces of me all over the sky

s300pmu2.jpg

@ July 29 2003,12:17)]How effect is the R77 in off-bore targeting situations? (those little buggers make me nervous)

You're thinking of the R-73....

The R-77 should still scare you, but mostly in BVR situations

@ July 29 2003,12:17)]How effect is the R77 in off-bore targeting situations? (those little buggers make me nervous)

You're thinking of the R-73....

The R-77 should still scare you, but mostly in BVR situations

yeah, sorry about that, R73. See, this is another reason I need Lomac right away, as my knowledge of Russian kit is remedial at best biggrin_o.gif

Speaking about being frightened of missiles, how effective is the Home On Jam mode for the F-15 with AMRAAM?

Listen to Fw200, he be wise unclesam.gif

Use this thread.