Sign in to follow this  
Wasrad

The four horseman of the apocalypse, now

Im going to be simple:

(Rev 6:1,2) Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say, as with a voice of thunder, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and its rider had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

The United States of America, easily. He uses a bow, a long range weapon, sets forth to conquer wears a crown of victory.

(Rev 6:3,4) When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" And out came another horse, bright red; its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that men should slay one another; and he was given a great sword.

Al Quada/terrorism. Further cross referencing would show that the sword is a sacrificial sword. Note that its rider was given power to make men kill each other, 'was given' indicates God's permissive approval....."Allah Ackbar"....God Willing. This red horse shows up where the white horse has been.

(Rev 6: 5,6) When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a black horse, and its rider had a balance in his hand; and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not harm oil and wine!"

To make more sense of this.....A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!

Communism, OBVIOUSLY.

(Rev 6:7,8)When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a pale horse, and its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him; and they were given power over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

The Baath Party. They killed for no real reason, with their weapons, which they had to aqquire by making their people starve, famine and sickness, and by pestilince, sicknes and plague, ANTHRAX and even to the wild animals that they owned.

The cast?

George W. Bush

Usama bin Laden

Kim Jong II

Saddam Hussein

The Apocolypse means The Revelation. Some people confuse The Apocolypse with Armegeddon but they are not the same.

I am not religious or anything although I have been, thats how I knew to relate all of this. I could go alot more in depth but....Ill let people who really want to know whats going on do the work just to make the cross references themselves. I could easily be wrong but what if I were to be right?

(Rev 6:1,2) Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals

Great! BAS' Navy Seals addon will soon be out! tounge_o.gif

(Rev 6:1,2) Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals

Great! BAS' Navy Seals addon will soon be out! tounge_o.gif

lol

I dont know if seals like to be opened though, seems liek it would get in the way of finishing the mission

Bows have been around for a while, so has war, and communism, and killing.

Do not harm oil and wine!

That sounds like war on Iraq to me. biggrin_o.gif

Yet another great example of how religious scriptures can be enterprited to fit your own agenda.

I dont have an agenda, really.

All I am doing, is asking myself this:

Could the Four Horsmen be REAL people and not just a form of symbolism, and if so, who could they be?

These people would have to be powerful people in their own way. All four of the listed people are very powerful people on a global scale. I wonder if Putin could be placed alongside Jong, being as both countries are...struggling.

All creative speculation for now, though but...what if. How would we handle that and what does it mean?  How could we intepret what we have to prepare for what it is to come, seeing as this could in fact be The Revelation, The Apocalypse but the revelation of what?  What do we have to prepare for?

I dont think it hurts or is a waste to think like this and have these kinds of discussions. Even if one could see it as being overly ridiculous, it could potentionlly be entertaining at least.

I admidt, though, that I lean more toward "What if"

Obviously there is still much room for interpretation, but in my opinion at least, it should be taken much more literally than most people do.

~Big Dookie

All the descriptions in religious texts and in prophecies (e.g. Nostradamus) are vague. That`s the art in it. It allows to project your own believes in it, depending on your origin and cultural background.

But who is to say that art can not be real, that art can not become science fact? Science fiction is proof that art and imagination can become reality. From Leonardo Da vinci to Jules Vern to even Star Trek, the concepts came true. Who is to say that science fiction can not also predict what will happen in the science world. Around the World in 80 Days is a great example of this.

Now, why shouldnt religion be any different than science fiction when it could in fact BE sicence FACT.

There is a big difference in a prophecy and in speculation or invention.

Yes, many books and arts of work have shaped the future. Many times because people saw them / read them and were influenced by it. A prime example of this is our internet and computer society. Much of it is influenced by books and writers who were published before the internet was what it is today. Much of that terminology from the books are used today, not because the writer knew they would be but because he invented it.

Inventing the four riders of the apocalypse? Sure, if you realize that they exist all the time in human society, then I can buy it. We will always have Famine, Death, Plague and War.

It all comes down to if you are a beliver or not. Some atheist may fin this hard to belive. And will as allways try to explain it logically. Thats the way it works

smile_o.gif

but a believer of what?

what is it that I am trying to explain logically?

Im trying also, to be literal in the current world.

but a believer of what?

what is it that I am trying to explain logically?

Im trying also, to be literal in the real world.

Listen, i wasn't writing that to you. But just generally wrote it. If pointed to anyone it would be those that tried to explain it as gibberish (and i don't expect them to all the sudden belive in the book of revelation)

smile_o.gif

The problem is that vague ramblings like "(Rev 6:1,2) Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say, as with a voice of thunder, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and its rider had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer." could be claimed to mean anything in the past world, in the current world or even in the future.

If the bible said: "United States of America is one of the four horsemen of apocalypse." you would have my interest. (But then again, no country founded by christians would name itself that if it said so in the bible.)

I guess my point is this: If you think that your interpretation of that part of the Revelations is correct, why not try to interpret the rest and come out with a plan to avoid the apocalypse? Since if apocalypse is unavoidable, why should we care about it? When they said repent, I didn't know what they meant.

If you think that your interpretation of that part of the Revelations is correct, why not try to interpret the rest and come out with a plan to avoid the apocalypse?

Well...ya, thats the point, sort of.

When they said repent, I didn't know what they meant.

Exactly.  Maybe "repenting" isnt so much asking forgiveness of our "sins" as it is "realizing" our "mistakes" and making sure they stop happening.

Ignoring that there is virtually nothing to be made of those lines in the first place, other than that the horsemen symbolise ever-present scourges of humanity, your logic is unfathomable and nothing in the lines support your conclusions.

If you're not religious, perhaps you should be, or failing that, a highschool english teacher.

Joke:

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am."

George W. asked him why he was so uppity.

Moses replied, "The last time I spoke to a Bush I had to spend forty years in the desert!"

biggrin_o.gif

wow, you registered just to insult me.

I feel special!

Joke:

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am."

George W. asked him why he was so uppity.

Moses replied, "The last time I spoke to a Bush I had to spend forty years in the desert!"

biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Good joke Balschoiw biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Im going to be simple:

(Rev 6:1,2) Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say, as with a voice of thunder, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and its rider had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

The United States of America, easily.  He uses a bow, a long range weapon, sets forth to conquer wears a crown of victory.  

Al Queda, easily. The bow represent flying projectiles, such as airplanes. They started their world tour by attacking USA and went on waging war on the western world.

Quote[/b] ](Rev 6:3,4) When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" And out came another horse, bright red; its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that men should slay one another; and he was given a great sword.

Al Quada/terrorism.  Further cross referencing would show that the sword is a sacrificial sword.  Note that its rider was given power to make men kill each other, 'was given' indicates God's permissive approval....."Allah Ackbar"....God Willing.  This red horse shows up where the white horse has been.

USA of cousrse. "Was given" refers to Bushs belief that it his his god given right to start wars. He took the peace from the earth when he started the Iraq war.

Quote[/b] ](Rev 6: 5,6) When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a black horse, and its rider had a balance in his hand; and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not harm oil and wine!"

To make more sense of this.....A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!

Communism, OBVIOUSLY.

Capitalism OBVIOUSLY. Pay as low as possible. Fixation with materialistic items.

Quote[/b] ](Rev 6:7,8)When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a pale horse, and its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him; and they were given power over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

The Baath Party.  They killed for no real reason, with their weapons, which they had to aqquire by making their people  starve, famine and sickness, and by pestilince, sicknes and plague, ANTHRAX and even to the wild animals that they owned.

China of course. It holds about 1/4 of the world population. Their 'cultural revolution' killed caused a famine that killed roughly 30 million people. They're no strangers to weapons and war. And "wild animals" refers to the dragon which is the traditional Chinese symbol.

crazy_o.gif

Now let's start a war over this and continue the good human tradition of irrational religious hysteria.

Here is another vague rambling written by a jewish person, which is titled "the future" but could as easily be titled "revelations". It just bristles with hidden meaning, but unfortunately it is a song and not a religious text. Personally I like the style of Leonard better than those little jews who wrote the bible (see below).

The Future (by Leonard Cohen)

Give me back my broken night

my mirrored room, my secret life

it's lonely here,

there's no one left to torture

Give me absolute control

over every living soul

And lie beside me, baby,

that's an order!

Give me crack and anal sex

Take the only tree that's left

and stuff it up the hole

in your culture

Give me back the Berlin wall

give me Stalin and St Paul

I've seen the future, brother:

it is murder.

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions

Won't be nothing

Nothing you can measure anymore

The blizzard, the blizzard of the world

has crossed the threshold

and it has overturned

the order of the soul

When they said REPENT REPENT

I wonder what they meant

I wonder what they meant

I wonder what they meant

You don't know me from the wind

you never will, you never did

I'm the little jew

who wrote the Bible

I've seen the nations rise and fall

I've heard their stories, heard them all

but love's the only engine of survival

Your servant here, he has been told

to say it clear, to say it cold:

It's over, it ain't going

any further

And now the wheels of heaven stop

you feel the devil's riding crop

Get ready for the future:

it is murder

Things are going to slide ...

There'll be the breaking of the ancient

western code

Your private life will suddenly explode

There'll be phantoms

There'll be fires on the road

and the white man dancing

You'll see a woman

hanging upside down

her features covered by her fallen gown

and all the lousy little poets

coming round

tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson

and the white man dancin'

Give me back the Berlin wall

Give me Stalin and St Paul

Give me Christ

or give me Hiroshima

Destroy another fetus now

We don't like children anyhow

I've seen the future, baby:

it is murder

Things are going to slide ...

When they said REPENT REPENT ...

The four horsemen...

hmm... *referstobookshelf*

"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

-- The Four Horsemen of the Apocralypse encounter unexpected difficulties (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)

Pratchett's take on Death and thee other horseman is priceless in his Discworld novels...I was lucky enough to get a novel signed by him a few years ago...

This is another good Pratchett book (partially) about the Four Horsemen:

cover.jpg

...besides, I thought Abba were the four norsemen of the apocalypse... wink_o.gif

Those that totaly diss the whole bible and Christianity, what do you say to the millions of people that have been healed and recived tremendous miracles?

Now im not talking about some Catholic saint 500 years ago. But Free Church parish today.