Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war

Hi Kittycat,

Are you going right back to the main menu with the "Back (Request Now)" command? If you don't use the following string of commands you'll get the LZ xxxx will recieve infantry now message but it'll never arrive:

"Request Manned Vehicles/Infantry->Select Vehicle/Men->Back->Select LZ->Main Base Recieve/LZ recieve->Back->Back (Request Now)"

Cheers,

Cornhelium

How can I get the squads to get in vehicles?

How can I rearm squads or do they get ammo on their own?

If I request vehicles some of them never show up?

Hi,

If you want to crew empty vehicles it's probably best to take control of an AI squad and order them into the vehicles manually. You can then jump to another squad and move the vehicles around using patrol waypoints.

Personally I find it easier to reinforce the main base with manned vehicles - I only get the problem you describe very occasionally.

Ps. Did you see my edit in the other thread? I got to level 2 last night and enemy tanks started showing up!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I need some help. After an hour or so into the game, I can no longer change my command. When I try to, it tells me that I can't change for 30 seconds. But I wait well over 30 seconds without changing, but I still get that message, all the time. I can't switch to the leader of a new squad. Please help!

Hi deathsai,

I've had that problem a couple of times, but it's never been a show-stopper. You might have to go back to an earlier savegame mate sad_o.gif

Do you use the command view and "Switch with leader" button? I've never had much problem doing it that way, apart from occasionally being made number 2 rather than squad leader.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I've tried everything, using it on the Command view and on the map radio. Still no go.

I guess I need to make it autosave more often...

Did anyone notice that after awhile the AI just...dies? After the first 2 days (game time) I had taken huge attacks on Plei Me and LZ Colombus, but after that, nothing. Does the AI not get reinforcements or something?

Hi deathsai,

It does get quiet on the west side of the map after the first few days. Start taking some new territory - have a few heavily guarded LZs spread fairly thinly rather than lots of LZs. Seems to work fairly well and draw in a lot of enemies.

Have a look at this thread - I wrote a few tips on good locations for LZs:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=36161

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Thanks, I'll try putting LZs at the areas. Do you know what the random Vietnam stuff is? Does it add civillians?

Sadly, just learned that whenever you place an LZ, the layout is always the same no matter which direction you are facing. The mortars will always be looking west, the M2 will be on the north side of the camp...Oh well.

hehe youve all played this way more than i ever had time to.

There are bugs with command switching among others, sorry, avoid them.

Ive never beaten the game, never got to the tanks. I just threw in leveling up as a hypothetical way to use the old tank script from versions i made a long time ago for m1a1/t80 fights.

the random vietnam stuff is randomly created huts, civilians, busted jeeps, crashed helicopters, enemy camps - or atleast i think thats all in 1.01. the game runs much slower with the stuff on.

the lzs should always face towards the center of the enemy positions. the player controlled lz adding system is no longer in the version im working on - a more realistic creation of the battles in ia drang. But if you guys like it i can add in the option of the old style of play when playing in command.

the scripts are getting seriously reworked to be actually nicely programmed and much more robust. Now, unlimited enemy spawn points are supported, theoretical enemies can replace cpu hog enemies, and the enemies - can do more ... obviously the enemies are unpredictable already, but now they'll be better at attacking multiple locations at once.

it may be possible to make multiplayer mission templates out of this, with preset addon pack combinations.

cornhelium - wow

also,

i apologize for taking so long to do anything

all the ideas were/are too ambitious for quick releases - i may release a simple surpise version of unscripted war soon, not related to anything seen before so people can be reminded again of the untapped potential of operation flashpoint 1.

one more thing - cornhelium mentioned

Quote[/b] ] GMR Explosion Mod/ECP. I've had problems with games saved while running GMR's great explosions mod. For some reason they don't save correctly and they can't be reloaded. To generate savegames at useful positions I play without the GMR mod and save whenever I've got a new LZ
i very much have this problem too. maybe i could modify the mod and release my own version, but i have no idea where the conflict is at.

I don't mind waiting for another release, as long as I've got another version to take up my time biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Maddmatt - I'll give it a whirl.

Hey Redface - the F4 is in " vitnamF4.zip " which I got I think from http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/aircrafts

Progress sounds great ThruYerSternum.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Edit: BTW - I was wondering how the enemy use artillery. You get the odd shell coming down now and again - is this related to what the enemy knows about friendly positions?

I was thinking that it'd be great to incorporate the CoC UA into UW. For example, I love that CoC demo mission where you have to track down an enemy mortar platoon. This would be perfect for UW as one of the set missions - you choose "Search & Destroy: Enemy Fire Support" from the set missions list, a script runs to search for an East Mortar group within a set distance, marks the map with their general area and you get a set amount of time to take them out. If CoC UA was used you'd be able to use all those great reading impact patterns and listening for shells going over tricks wow_o.gif

Of course, the problem would be getting the AI to use the UA, but some OFPEC folks are working on this very thing right now. Check out this thread http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=14039

This mission is really awesome....it's like Close Combat for OFP.

I do have a question though - the only place you can rearm your men seems to be new LZs...my troops have sometimes run out of ammo in the field far from an ammo-stocked LZ. Is there any way to solve the logistics problem? It would be better if all those ammo trucks in the main base had Nam weapons in them (they seem not to).

Also, it would be awesome to have a supply team to start (rather than crewing up the ammo trucks with reinforcements and driving them around).

Just my two cents smile_o.gif

*EDIT*

Save problem solved...even though I wasn't using the GMR mod at the time, it was still somehow interfering with the save process. Ripped it out by the roots and the game reloads as it should smile_o.gif

The most fun ive had playing OFP in a long time! Thnx alot biggrin_o.gif

I got a problem, when loading or retrying after I die, it crashes to desktop sad_o.gif Lucky im an FGP tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Hi Gadger - if you're running GMR or ECP this is a known problem (in fact all very script-intensive missions seem to be getting it).

I find that savegames made without GMR/ECP running can be reloaded no problem, you can even reload them with those mods running.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I've run into a bug....

For some reason I can't call reinforcements anymore. The points are deducted and I'm told they're on the way, but I check my score and find that 8 more men have been added to the list of friendly KIAs.

Anybody else had this problem?

The scripting really needs an overhaul in the next version - it's killing what would otherwise be the greatest mission ever.

Hi bmcarcangel,

Here's the original thread on this mission:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=32475

Here's another with some tips:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=36161

Plus plenty more tips and problems solved in this thread biggrin_o.gif

Hey Seal - are you definitely fully exiting the reinforcements menu and confirming? Have a look on the previous page - kittycat was having the same problem, not sure if my suggestion worked.

Cheers,

cornhelium

Yes, I'm definitely calling them the right way. I've done it half a dozen other times and there weren't any problems, but suddenly they refuse to show up and it looks as if they've been killed somehow... rock.gif

Maybe you should use the coc command engine and unified artillery that you can get at The Chain Of Command site.

I havn't gotten around to playing it because I'm still downloading the f4 addon.

na that iant what i mean dude

i mean wat do u mean by unscripted war fare

have u played it yet?? if not i suggest u do, then u will see what 'unscripted war' means.

dont start playing it without at least several days to spare biggrin_o.gif

*cough* would still love to see Tonal version of this mission. BAS equipment + S&E marines against the Tonalese rebels.....