Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war

I've been working on this in some form or another for almost a year now, but this is still a very early version, it is a single player mission that plays out like a campaign.

The download links go to download pages, so they can throw an ad at you before you download it, so you cant use downloader programs on these links.

Download Unscripted War for SEB Ia Drang Valley

This mirror is down I believe?

mirror from placebo

Download Unscripted War for Jungle Everon

Download Unscripted War for Jungle Malden

Download Unscripted War for Meekong

Version 1.01 Updated 8/1/03

Some features:

-Automatic enemy creation and behavior so that enemies reinforce areas and attack you to create a sense of a front line - or lack thereof - for an immersive Vietnam experience.

-Ability to choose number of AI and autodetect good settings for your processor, whatever the speed.

-Extra randomly generated hi-res foliage for extra tall grass cover.

-Ability to select multiple squads at once to move around, like an RTS

-Many abilities of the CoC Command Engine, although this was created independently and differently- more simple!

-Ability to call Howitzer support, F4 airstrikes, B52 bombing targets, napalm strikes

-Ability to call unlimited reinforcements

-Spectator View to watch all your forces

-Ability to instantly switch positions and command with the leader of any group, allowing you to stay right in the action.

It comes with some addons,

It requires Seb Nam Pack 2, and will use an F4 if you have the f4.pbo addon, click here for the F4 addon.

It should be noted that currently you must have total control over your forces to move the western forces forward. An option to give up total control and play as a private gaining in rank will be added in the next version. Multiplayer will also be added next release and it will use this system.

Read and print out the tutorial.txt file for information getting started. Much more will continue to come. This version is still tested very little though. Originally, this was made for Nogova and the standard Operation Flashpoint units but my original plans were too ambitious, and so I put aside the complex version of this to throw together a smaller Vietnam version of it, with simplified gameplay - many scripts reflect that this was not originally for Vietnam. I didn't know about the CoC command engine when I started working on this, so it was made independently of that system and so this game's scripts could be considered an alternative to CoC once they are fixed up better and more is added to them, but right now it is not nearly what it could be.

Just start posting all the problems and your ideas.

should be more like "Scripted War" if you ask me.. unlimited reinforcements.. and f4 napalm strikes - downloading now..

Implementation for more vietnam islands will come August 1, 2003

What other vietnam islands? crazy_o.gif  Have I been missing out?!?!

Anyway, I'll try it out tommarrow,too late. Good night everybody! smile_o.gif

God dammit i was gonna make a mission esactly the same as this! looks like you got there before me  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  ah well saves me all the work i suppose.

*Downloading*

Edit:

Any one got the F4 addon? i cant seem to find it.

Now this sounds groovy, I'm about to have a completely virgin Opf, sounds like a fun thing to try out first smile_o.gif

Very cool..

Also very very very very very laggy..

Might wanna decrease the amount of units by... I dunno.. half?

Nice work, ive been wanting a dynamic campaign for ages.

Holy shit! wow_o.gif Finally a Single player mission i Love! (I dont play single player missions often,inless there my own)

This is fucking awsome,i love it. All thou i noticed one proplem. When i set up all 3 way points for Kilo Pink i got a warning message and they did not move.Allso i clicked trotishinal command and i got stuck on the one guy,and all i could do is zoom around him.

Dident incounter much lagg,there was some but it was playble.

Great mission mate! Kepp up the good work,i hope to see more of this.

Cant play this mission sad_o.gif Cant download the F4 addon, just get linked to FTP with no download link sad_o.gif also get missing addon namgrass1

Can anyone post an alternate link for these addons here or send em me via msn please wink_o.gif

DK_Gadger@hotmail.com

Cant download the F4 addon, just get linked to FTP with no download link  sad_o.gif  

That download link works fine, if IE doesn't like the FTP link then use a download manager such as getright, that's how I downloaded it.

go to here and click the download link, thats how i got it. Im finding it rather laggy too, my pc specs are quite large too (p4 2.66ghz and 1gb of ram with a gf3 ti500) so i dont know why its so laggy sad_o.gif

I've mirrored the mission and the F4 addon, I'll edit his original post to include the links.

This should be in user missions anyways smile_o.gif

Personally I didn't like the mission.

1. Too laggy

2. The point system sucks...not very realistic...in war time you don't have to earn brownie points to get air support. It's either available or not available.

3. There was some wierd time compression thing going on that made it get dark quickly and made the sun move across the sky very quickly...maybe that's why the framerates were all wierd.

4. The 1st mission (that "hunt for the sniper" mission) had an area much too large for just 15 measly points. Better I think to just simply make multiple missions using this command system.

5. I called in a napalm strike but it never came. It just left a little dot on the map and message that air support was on the way. sad_o.gif

6. The continuing music is REALLY annoying. I didn't see a way to turn it off unless I missed that on the menus.

I do however like how squads would report in when they made contact. All that stuff was cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well i loved it,Then again i aint the one for realism. In my books playability and fun comes before realism.

I was playing it more in depth just now and my base was under very heavy attack by NVA and VCs,so i had the choper out going round the out side of the base,then it crashed back to my desk top wow_o.gif .I was quite peed of at this after all i done.

Allso I was playing it with 75% enemy steangh no random bushes,And no blood.It was laggy but playble.My PC specs aint very good iver.

Intel Pentium III

501 MHz

192 MB of RAM

sad_o.gif

Suprise it runs as well as it dose.

AMD 900Mhz

512Mb RAM

no bush, 75% enemy, 300m view distance

To much lag for me

but - what a excelent game!

if you could reduce the lag and make some minor improvements to the command engine than this is better than CTI.

I suggest you use custom markers like in CoC's command missions in oder to make the map more clear

Woo YaY -

I managed to get the lag very low

a) i set my desktop resolution very low

B) I closed all unneeded programs down with Ctr-Alt-Del

c) I turned off hellicopter dust

Valla! no lag! biggrin_o.gif