Sign in to follow this  
jimgun

Running and shooting at the same time.

I have been playing operation flashpoint since version 1, and now play resistance - and all this time i thought this was one thing that is extremely difficult to do due to the nature of how the sights move when you are running, and i have never managed myself to hit anybody doing it myself from distance...i've always had to be running around a corner at the same time and right into them (one of those drop ya beer moments smile_o.gif )

However quite recently there has been an increase in people coming on to our server, and being able to hit people at distance on the run , or even running sideways. Even though i may be looking through my G36 sights at them and trying to hit them, they are able to move, dodge my shots and cap me or even get multiple kills one after the other with a couple of blasts while on the run. (and honestly i aint that shit a shot)

I dont think this has anything to do with lag or desync because on our server my ping is 30-40 and we generally keep everybody below 100. Also there is no evidence of anybody's game finishing early.

I only play with a keyboard and a mouse, i know people in my squad who play with claws and stuff, and with this equipment it is a little easier to weave - but theres still no way i could shoot accurately while doing so....and ive tried everything..having gun on auto, keeping scope on so that when you stop and crouch the scope is automatically brought up........so how do you dodge,weave, and shoot on the run accurately?

I honestly don't do that often.

But in maps like Hexenkessel I do it alot (if thats how u spell it)

yer, fair point on hexenkessel, but on a normal ctf map like mokra or st pierre, how can you even run and aim at the same time and get consistant kills at distance.....maybe i need to upgrade my controls from a mouse and a keyboard lol

If the player who did that funky shooting tactics had modified config-messages there could be possibly a way they´ve edited the recoil values of their weapons either in config.bin or addons pbo´s so that the cosshair doesn´t sway anymore, but im not that kind of editing guru i could do this myself, so it´s only an idea smile_o.gif

The way I do it is by not using sights (i dont use sights at all) but just using the on-screen crosshair, doing this at a distance is another thing I've seen people do it at 50-100m, whilst i can only do it at like 0-25m, well they say practise makes perfect wink_o.gif

i think those quick shot guys don't use sites like gadger said. i noticed on mine that i have to aim mine on screen cross hairs a little to the left. they don't match the sites exactly.

i did kill a guy while running full speed tonight woohoo, i just waved my gun back and forth and sprayed him.

If the player who did that funky shooting tactics had modified config-messages there could be possibly a way they´ve edited the recoil values of their weapons either in config.bin or addons pbo´s so that the cosshair doesn´t sway anymore, but im not that kind of editing guru i could do this myself, so it´s only an idea smile_o.gif

the only modified config messages we get on our server is the old CfgVehicle/Plane , we took off check file from our server ages ago (it's Linux).

And i dont use the scope either, i play with just the on screen cross hairs, but say im crouched, with the scope on waiting for a guy to come around a building - these guys are still able to charge into view dodge the first burst of fire and possibly a 2nd, turn round and hit me with the 1st shot of a burst everytime while on the run at 30-50m....i mean i take off my hat 'cos that some sort of skill.

I have manage to kill ppl at range whiles moving (side steping or other) but this was by pressing the F key (defualt) to do the slow walk type thing,and having my gun on burst. I suppose if u praticed you could aim pretty well,and maybe the players you are on about switch quikly between F walk and normal run. Only way i can see how this is possible with out cheating or some very good luck.

hmm jim

i think there is 3 reasons for this

1. luck ;) always good with a little spraying

2. cheat dunno how

3. extremly fast player that use the iron sight then from runing stops and shoots and due to lag or some cpu lag then it shows on ur screen that he wasent stoping at all

but who knows i dunno if u have a fast comp or not jim this could add to what u were seeing on ur screen m8

hmm  jim

i think there is 3 reasons for this

1. luck ;)   always good with a little spraying

2. cheat    dunno how

3. extremly fast player that use the iron sight  then from runing stops and shoots    and due to lag or some  cpu lag   then it shows on ur screen that he wasent stoping at all

but who knows     i dunno if u have a fast comp or not jim    this could add to what u were seeing on ur screen m8

ok rap, if it was luck then it very lucky to be able to play a 30min game and maybe get 25-30kills from this tactic.

cheating, yer im same as you here, i wouldnt know how

and thirdly, my comp is plenty fast enough, as are the rest of my squads...and for lag to be happening as you explain it would have to affecting the whole of my squad at the same time.

that wierd jim :s

i saw on the efl forum a couple days ago   some dude talked about that a Sound pack could make that ur crosshair wasent moving while runing

edit: search on the efl forum i think the post is a week old or similar belive it was haunteds post about "efl and sound checks" (or similar)

btw was it a know player who did this or just some guy u´ve never heard from?

i cant find that thread on efl rap.....and why the hell would a sound pack configure something on your crosshairs?? lol crazy

hmm   i swear i saw that post somewere    

ah well  it will be another mistury i gues

Ya cant find it cos its been deleted now, but basically what was said was:

How you know that those people who get modified .pbo's and just blame it on a sound pack have taken recoil and other such things outta there weapons (or something to that effect)

aaaaaah so it was a question rather than a statement ...

Well with 101 and topics about this on EFL we might be talking about different ones, so u might be right wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Jim I have found that the G36 and the XMS have the best results of being accurate on full auto and running and I am with Gadger practice helps but you can't be perfect on this and I know some that seem to be pretty damn close and can't explain it.

also noticed peeps coming onto servers with mod config /g36.pbo and mod config /flags.pbo ... crazy_o.gif

no man....im just practicing lol.....though i know one of our servers was configed to look at the g36.pbo files of peeps joining...and quite a few peeps seemed to have a modded g36.pbo file ...now the question is wtf for?

Interesting,

because so many can do it now...

Would be nice to inform me if news about this are arriving..

Apperently according to one guy who came onto the server and had mod g36.pbo files and mod flags.pbo, it is becuase he had a polish version ............dunno if that true...would like conformation from other polish users tounge_o.gif

From experience the only file worth checking for is merged.pbo, sound packs and language versions result in different check sums for the other files so they aint worth testing as every second player gets one error or another for having a dif language or using a sound pack.