Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Sad news

The hardest and saddest news I had to write... Talented Lawrie has passed off 2 days ago... All who were in contact with him knew he was a really nice guy and contributed a lot to the ofp community... I prefer let his team mates speak about him...

From Nilcoireion, 2nd in Command AIA:

I have sad news for the community,48 hours ago Lawrie, one of the nicest people i know and an amazing Mod maker passed away.He fought his whole life for his health but finally the light of his life candle burned out.In these moments you realise how weak the human life is and whe all should love each others and live our life enjoying at every day lord has given us, i feel really sad, but i know Lawrie did know what was coming and he was prepeared for this.His wish was that his work will come public that somebody may continue his great work. I hope everyone will remember him for the good and not the bad even those who didnt get along with him. He was one of the best people i knew.

I know i will miss him, If you do to please post a comment.

And please dont post anything negative,

Rest In Peach Lawrie, May your soul always be with the rest fo the community. You wer a great modder, and an even better friend.

From Gavin, ww2vets:

This is gavin from ww2vets, i have to deliver some terrible news, but lawrie who was recently ill has passed on. He knew this was coming and had several health problems so during his preparations had time to include a word for the ofp community which represented a hobby i knew he loved byt was sometimes deeply hurt by.

In retrospect lawries condition was hieghtened by stress and though we decide ourselves what affects us or not i wish some people in mods like i44, ww2ec thought carefully how they treated him (and u know who you are!) Recently Lawrie had squabbles with admins of i44 (a guy slagged his UAC and they banned him replying in forum) even while lawrie was already very ill. I dont want to be bitter about this, lawrie had many friends in many mods and was excited about finishing his work on the germans upgrade pack etc. This work i will put into either his friends mods AIA/ww2vets, or if noone can help then the public domain. Lawrie may seemingly made not many addons but he did massive amounts of non accredited work and admin work that helped addon makers like me (he coded and did loads for my japanese guys) get stuff done.

Ive included a picture of a german wearing early polish campaign uniform from lawries beta.

I think he would like to be remembered as a comical egoist but remember him also for helping noobs and making things like the UAC and universal type addons. I know one of his last ambitions was to rebuild trust and cooperation between ww2ec/aia/ww2vets. I know he really had big affections for marcel, parker, chris (aia) and his mod team, (plus im sure he had a crush on capt ryan...)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Anyway sorry for those on msn who havent heard (couldnt get u all) the lawries account lawriejaffa@hotmail.com will be up for few days to answer questions, sorry for long email.

Although I didn't know you personally, I loved your work with the Addons, you will be missed by me, the community has lost a great addon maker and person.

May he rest in peace... sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

He shall be missed..

Farewell Lawrie sad_o.gif

PS.. Koolkid could you post it as a quote.. now it looks like you wrote it..

I really dunno if I should post it, but does this belong in the offtopic?

This is indeed sad news, especially sad to hear that OFP brought him some stress in the midst of a fight for life, but such is life and what we struggle to survive for.

Just as I was reading the remembernaces of one friend I lost in my automotive hobby, and now I hear of a pretty similar case (this) except there is a colossal difference in age.

I'm sure at least his life was quite interesting before he passed away. In his memory maybe we should remember not to create friction and rivalry between Mod teams. smile_o.gif

Damn, that's very sad! sad_o.gif

You sometimes don't think very much about the people behind all the addons. But Lawrie's death shows us that they are not faceless individuals who exist far, far away from our world in another dimension and interact with us just through their addons. They're much more than that! They are people just like us and a very important part of the community.

We'll never forget you Lawrie... maybe you're in a better place now.

Rest in peace Lawrie

Rest in Peace Lawrie, you will always be rememberd both in and out of the OFP Community

I recently joined the AiA mod, which he was a part off. I heard he was in hospital a few days ago, and then was told by other members today that he had passed away... sad_o.gif

Quite a shock really...

Does anyone know how old he was? I dont think he was too old... sad_o.gif

i no how it feels to loose some one at a young age.. i lost my best firiend when he was 18... my respects goes to his family

Sad news indeed sad_o.gif

Probably A&M:D is the best place for this.