Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Band of brothers sequel in the works

I wonder when they make similar series about Germans or Russians, it gets a bit boring to see the same things all over again by different directors. I liked BoB and I will nevertheless watch these new ones, but still it would be nice to see something else for a change wink_o.gif.

it gets a bit boring to see the same things all over again by different directors.

I personally can't say as I haven't seen it yet. Sequels are often boring yet sometimes can be just as or even more refreshing than the original.

The first was pretty damn good, i think they will do the sweuel correct, as long as they stick to the same style and dont go off making it to unrealistic or too dramatic and a huge love story.

I hate war love stories wink_o.gif

Nice, I'll be watching it!The original Band of Brothers, was a really good movie series.

My favorite episode was Part 6 "Bastongne". smile_o.gif

I wonder when they make similar series about Germans or Russians, it gets a bit boring to see the same things all over again by different directors. I liked BoB and I will nevertheless watch these new ones, but still it would be nice to see something else for a change wink_o.gif.

Who's stopping the Germans or the Russians from producing something similar? It would somewhat difficult to make a sympathetic picture considering the goals their militaries were assigned (much less so the Russians however until they decided to park permanently in Eastern Europe).

as if we'd actually want to follow the german einsatzgruppen in the Ukraine.. *cough*

mad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

eins.gif

Check out the film "Stalingrad" its in German but available on DvD with subtitles and dubbed (in the UK at least)

One of the best war films i eva seen. wink_o.gif

as if we'd actually want to follow the german einsatzgruppen in the Ukraine.. *cough*

mad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

I know what you mean, but of course not nearly all of the Wermacht soldiers were evil child killers, the SS, Einsatzgruppen and others are a whole different matter. sad_o.gif

There´s still a good story to be told...

Check out the film "Stalingrad"

Also check this one out:

2731a-6.jpg

Quote[/b] ]British novelist and former prisoner of war J.G. Ballard has called this the greatest war film ever made. Set in 1943 Belarus (and made in 1985), it's certainly among the most harrowing of the genre, hammering home its war-is-hell message with relentless ferocity. Like Ballard, director Elem Klimov (who adapted a story based on the real massacres of Byelorussian villages by German soldiers) explores the impact of war on a shell-shocked teenager, who gets far more than he bargained for when he decides to join the partisans. Piling atrocity upon atrocity, Klimov delivers an effective antiwar statement, but his film grows so bombastic over the course of 142 minutes that it turns numbing. Light moments are nonexistent, while the depiction of Germans as gibbering beasts skirts propaganda. Come and See hardly qualifies as entertainment, but it is an anti-recruitment movie if there ever was one. If you have any friends or relatives whom you'd like to dissuade from joining the army, bring them along--and maybe bring some tranquilizers for yourself. (Steve Erickson)

I always liked the second episode alot, really well done mini series. I hope this sequel will be just as good, if not better than the first.

Thats kinda graphic for these forums, Pitviper.

I sat and thought about it when I saw the pic, it's obvious what's happening, and while harrowing it's there to express a point, not for a gratuitous reason, I guess it's just on the right side of that fine line which says what's allowed and what isn't.

Please stop including the image each time you quote, it's not necessary.

This sounds interesting. I hope it has the quality of BoB. BoB was one of the best WWII movies (well mini series) ive seen yet. Saving private ryan coming in 2nd.

Ill definately watch this. Is HBO going to air this? Or will it be on a different channel? rock.gif