Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Custom roads

How do you make custom roads? In OFP I think it's a texture but it could be a model. We need to know so the Crime City island can be completed. smile_o.gif

It's an object, or a series of objects (you know the ones...asfaltka100.p3d etc etc). As to how to make custom ones....not sure. If someone had a MLOD version of a BIS road to look at that would make things easier sad_o.gif

MLod version?? Get the 0.36 demo.. there are roads in there which you can use to modify smile_o.gif

Yes I noticed now, the roads are flat models. Thanks for the demo model suggestion, I forgot about that.

MLod version?? Get the 0.36 demo.. there are roads in there which you can use to modify  smile_o.gif

Got a link? I can't find that anywhere sad_o.gif

Yep cheers...I went and found those links on BRSSEB's site. Hard to find though....just try doing a Google search crazy_o.gif

Hey anyone know what to put in the cpp for roads? I have no clue since nobody's done a custom road addon. sad_o.gif

Look in the master config.bin. They ones BIS used are probably defined in there.

Hmmmm...a bit tricky that one. My guts feeling says if you have the memory points right and start the name of your addons (p3d's) with either "silnice", "asfalt" or "cesta", it just might work. What you would put in the config though... sad_o.gif Maybe just a subclass of "All" rock.gif

I'd be most interested to know how it goes...I've been meaning to get around to doing a couple of custom roads for ages.  tounge_o.gif

IA Drang has custom roads (textures at least). Feel free to take apart the cpp to see how I did it.

SelectThis