Sign in to follow this  
BlakNite

Para-drop

Hey guys.

I have read all the posts regarding parachuting, and have entered and re-entered scripting etc etc but i have no luck with a paradrop. All what happens is the guys start in a chopper, move to a waypoint, the choppers hangs for a second and moves on, with no paradrop!

I have no idea what i am doing wrong, and have ried everything i know (not much).

All help appreciated.

Cheers Guys sad_o.gif

this is a quick and dirty way to do it, I know there's an easier way but I can't remember the code off hand so here it is

just put this in a script called airdrop.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~1

vader1 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader1;

~2.5

vader2 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader2;

~2.5

vader3 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader3;

~2.5

vader4 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader4;

~2.5

vader5 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader5;

~2.5

vader6 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader6;

~2.5

vader7 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader7;

~2.5

vader8 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader8;

~2.5

vader9 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader9;

~2.5

vader10 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader10;

~2.5

vader11 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader11;

~2.5

vader12 action ["eject", inva1];

unassignvehicle vader12;

exit

where inva1 is the name of the helo and vader## is the name of the unit to eject. On the on activation field of the wp, just type inva1 exec "airdrop.sqs"

will it work on a trigger insted of a waypoint ?

Just a question.

Have you downloaded Johans tutorial from OFPEC.com?

I would strongly recommend doing that. In addition I would recommend you download his scripting tutorial and Snypirs generic para drop script. After reading those you will never have any problems with dropping. There are more elegant examples too with delays etc but for 99% the standard variant will do the work.

It definatelly helped me smile_o.gif. I would say those docs should be on everyones hard drive.

Direct link to various drop examples

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browsewhat=2&category=2_4

BM

I think OFPEC, gameinfo and CoC are the three most valuable resources for OPF (minus this site). In my humble opinion.

BM

yes it will work on a trigger.

I remember parts of the code for the other way it goes something like

i=0

_maxcount = count mygroup

#jump

_jumper = mygroup select i

_jumper action ["eject", heli]

unassignvehicle _jumper

~2

i = i + 1

?(i < _maxcount): goto "jump"

end

where mygroup is the name of the group of your units, heli is the name of the heli and ~# is the number of seconds between jumpers.

I downloaded the HALO script off that site, and just wondered what I do with all the things inside the folder?! Do I just put them all in my created mission folder? I'm kind of new to this by the way. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Y2JON Posted on July 21 2003,18:18

I downloaded the HALO script off that site, and just wondered what I do with all the things inside the folder?! Do I just put them all in my created mission folder? I'm kind of new to this by the way

Yes...any script.sqs goes into your mission folder. THen you need to call up the script in a trigger or waypoint with this;

[this] exec "nameofscript.sqs"

I'm not having much look with this game. I can't get anything to work. Here's my problem:

In my saved mission folder, I put the eject.sqs, init.sqs, and real_halo.xsqs and then in my mission I named a soldier: soldier1.

He started in a chopper and I made a waypoint. In the waypoint's activation field, I typed:

["soldier1",150,20,1000] exec "real_halo.xsqs"

all I got was an unknown operator message.

Any ideas?

yeah, you shouldn't have put all of the scripts into your mission folder - only the "real_halo.xsqs" file needs to go into your folder. The other files are part of the demo mission and are causing the error message you are getting.

ONly put the xsqs file in your folder and in your init.sqs file, initialize the script for your soldiers. As for ejcting the soldiers from the chopper/plane - you can use the eject.sqs script included with the demo mission.

Launch the eject script like so:

[mygroup] exec "eject.sqs"

This will eject everyone in the group named "mygroup"

As for initializing the halo script, you have that right - just do it from the init.sqs instead of a waypoint.

EDIT: Also, you must put the "stringtable.csv" file into your mission folder, or you'll have a hard time opening your chute. :P

i used a little different way usin triggers for each unit works awesome but the chopper after the dude bail the chopper does not proceed to all it way points here is the lin i used

s1 action["EJECT",Fred] ; unassignvehicle s1

s1 is the soldier

fred is the chopper

I think OFPEC, gameinfo and CoC are the three most valuable resources for OPF (minus this site). In my humble opinion.

BM

gameinfo?

i have used all info alvilable and got this

is there someway to unassign the fred(chopper) to unassign him from the squad's i have two squads in the chopper ill post mission here if anybody can take a look its on malden

para drop

I have always found it amusing jumping out of a car at slow speed. Can I do this without having the units climbing back in to the damn vehicle they are "ejecting" from.

What is the maximum speed of ejection (yes, stand on your feet afther you have jumped out of a car)? I have jumped out of the trunk of my car in 25Km/t and it didn't hurt at all:p