Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Favorite (non-flashpoint) picture

PICTURE

This is one of my favorite pictures. Death Dealer has always been my favorite.

Anybody else have cool pictures they would like to show?

Non Operation Flashpoint of course

I like a lot this painting from Luis Royo

Luis Royo is my favorite illustrator , if i was as talented as him i would be very happy smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif beat me to it tovarish

Yeah you reminded me of it, but it's always been a favourite of mine smile_o.gif.

Going from Major Fubar's pic to yours cracked me up for some reason tounge_o.gif

vimypic.jpg

action1.jpg

photo09.jpg

I know, sorta one country there. But I always thought they were neat. I'll have to find some other ones smile_o.gif I used to have this really awsome picture. It was a soldier kneeled in the middle of a wave of dust kicked up by a chinook in the background. If anyone can find it...? The guy was holding a C7 with attached GL as well as 10 or 12 grenades strapped to his webbing.

*edit*

This one is pretty kick ass too.

iwo%20jima%202.jpg

"and one of the men that held it high was the indian Ira Hayes" Read more here and here Interesting story smile_o.gif

a9.jpg

the real one is much more impressive

this pic shows the Camerone(Camaron) farm after the first real battle of the french foreign legion :

While the rest of the french expeditionnary troops in Mexico were assieging the town of Puebla , a compagny (3 officers and 62 men) has been dettached to open the way to the capital and to protect future supply lines , but on its way , the compagny met a large number of Juarist horsemen (a part of the Colonel Milan's army which was about 2000 men strong)

After pushing back a first assault of the enemy horsemen , the Capitaine Jean Danjou decided to take position into a nearby farm , the Camerone farm

After a little show off by the mexicans led by the colonel Francesco de Paula-Milan , they propose Danjou reddition , but he refuses and so do all of his men and they all swear they'll never surrender (Danjou will be killed while inspecting combat positions soon after)

Milan launches an assault , the men resist heroically , and the eight survivors take position in a hanger where they resist during more than one hour before being taken prisonners , but before that , the french survivors tell the Mexicans they'll surrender only if they cn keep weapons and ammo and if their wounded are healed , conditions accepted by the Mexicans

the legionnaires caused this day the death of more than 300 juarist for the loss of 52 men , the 13 survivors (12 prisonners) were almost all wounded

at the endof the battle , the only men still standing were :

the Corporal Maine

the Légionnaire Constantin

the Légionnaire Wenzel

the Legionnaires during the fight have also lost their ammo and supply carrier which means they only had 60 bullets each and didn't have anything to eat or drink

almost all of the reddition demands have been answered by a "Merde" shouted by the legionnaire choir .. hehehe

"Pero no son hombres, ellos son diablos" that's the reflection Milan had after the battle (not sure if i got it right though)

what's written on a monument built in the farm in 1892 in memory of the sacrifice of the legionnaires who died here :

"Ils furent ici moins de soixante opposés à toute une armée.

Sa masse les écrasa.

La vie plutôt que le courage abandonna ces soldats français le 30 avril 1863"

Since then, when Mexican troops pass by the monument, they present arms

Those scenery ones look awsome

-COUGH- BIS -COUGH- OFP 2 -COUGH-

I found this when i was trying to find the massive guy from jason and the arganots

talos.jpg

say cheese

shark.jpg

shark.jpg

and our old friend biggrin_o.gif

peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg

PAN MAN !!